Pellet gun - .25 cal spring/PCP Recommendation

I have a Gamo Whisper Deluxe Air Rifle .177

It's okay. Not extremely accurate and not really that quiet.

I have a budget of $500-ish.

This is for killing the MFing ground squirrels that eat all my fruit in my trees.

I need a decent scope too. Not really knowledgeable about these rifles. I think PCP is preferred over spring but if you go high-end both are accurate right?

I definitely want .25 cal and NEED quiet report.

School me. Educate me.

I can only educate you on the effects of being hit in the eye with one. In for knowledge of being behind the gun. Phone Post 3.0

I'd go PCp, shoot more like a rifle.

Springers need an artillery hold, which I do not like.

I have a nitro piston .177 that is a killer at 25 yards. After that the artillery hold,is iffy.

How far out are they, what is behind the target?

Gamo isn't that great of a brand. Look into some other, imo. Also, 22s tend to work better for pellet guns. Phone Post 3.0

Phuckles - I can only educate you on the effects of being hit in the eye with one. In for knowledge of being behind the gun. Phone Post 3.0
Are you shitting me? That's how you lost your eye? Like ralphie Phone Post 3.0

You could get a 22lr and a supressor for really close to $500. That may not be an option for you though.

jdsga - You could get a 22lr and a supressor for really close to $500. That may not be an option for you though.

beeman makes the nicest shit IMO like lifetime quality shit

RWS makes real nice shit but it doesn't last as long but is real nice

500 should by you a real accurate one on either

do your research

breakbarrel/pump

etc....

I had a silenced stoeger .22 for several years. Routinely took squirrels at 50 yards. Very quiet. I think they retail for $150ish. Phone Post

you just need a cat that has a taste for squirrel

The break barrels are not quite, I have one also

Dark Knight - The break barrels are not quite, I have one also

Yes, the one I have is a break-barrel and it is "Whisper" quiet. It is not quiet, in fact, its sort of loud.

I don't know if you can even get a spring air rifle in a .25. I might of to go PCP right. I am truly clueless so I guess I am going to spend a lot of hours on YouTube.

jdsga - You could get a 22lr and a supressor for really close to $500. That may not be an option for you though.

I'd do that in a heartbeat BUT I'd be shooting this in my yard in a suburb in SoCal. Squirrel killing isn't worth jail time. But I would have a blast with a real rifle no doubt.

DarthChoke - 

I'd do that in a heartbeat BUT I'd be shooting this in my yard in a suburb in SoCal. Squirrel killing isn't worth jail time. But I would have a blast with a real rifle no doubt.

Yeah I get that. Its not an option for everybody. Like that other guy said get a cat. I used to have chipmunks all over my yard, then I got a cat. I now have none.

Rambo John J - 

beeman makes the nicest shit IMO like lifetime quality shit

RWS makes real nice shit but it doesn't last as long but is real nice

500 should by you a real accurate one on either

do your research

breakbarrel/pump

etc....

What about accuracy? Specific model? I think I need a PCP for the caliber I want.

Get a .22 rifle and shoot subsonic ammo through it. Keep some .22 caliber pellets on it at all times if you're worried about police. Phone Post 3.0

jdsga -
DarthChoke - 

Yeah I get that. Its not an option for everybody. Like that other guy said get a cat. I used to have chipmunks all over my yard, then I got a cat. I now have none.
Yeah but what do you use to kill the 40 cats running rampant in the back yard? Phone Post 3.0

DarthChoke - 

don't stress. i been taking out squirrels in HB for the last 7 years and my dad and his neighbors have been doing it for over 30. 

just sit back in your house a good 10-15 feet from the door, turn up the volume on the tv/stereo and fucking blast them.

MrFluffyHippo - Get a .22 rifle and shoot subsonic ammo through it. Keep some .22 caliber pellets on it at all times if you're worried about police. Phone Post 3.0

this. i use these:

http://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/detail.aspx?use=3&loadNo=960

FEATURES & BENEFITS

• Ultra-quiet plinking round in 22-caliber LR rifles

• 75% reduction in perceived noise of standard velocity .22 LR

• Standard CCI .22 LR case

• Excellent accuracy and low velocity (710 feet per second)

• Better performance than an air rifle with similar noise levels

• No hearing protection required

• Great for backyard plinking and introducing youth to the shooting sports

• Ideal for legal shooting areas where noise may be a concern

Benjamin marauder is a great pellet gun Phone Post 3.0

Mr. Wright - 
MrFluffyHippo - Get a .22 rifle and shoot subsonic ammo through it. Keep some .22 caliber pellets on it at all times if you're worried about police. Phone Post 3.0

this. i use these:

http://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/detail.aspx?use=3&loadNo=960

FEATURES & BENEFITS

• Ultra-quiet plinking round in 22-caliber LR rifles

• 75% reduction in perceived noise of standard velocity .22 LR

• Standard CCI .22 LR case

• Excellent accuracy and low velocity (710 feet per second)

• Better performance than an air rifle with similar noise levels

• No hearing protection required

• Great for backyard plinking and introducing youth to the shooting sports

• Ideal for legal shooting areas where noise may be a concern

I am concerned about penetration, through varmint or a miss and through fence. Penetration would be greater than an air rifle yes?