Pelosi appoints all dems to Covid Committee

https://www.dailywire.com/news/nancy-pelosi-appoints-only-democrats-to-house-select-coronavirus-committee?itm_source=parsely-api?utm_source=cnemail&utm_medium=email&utm_content=050120-news&utm_campaign=position1

Nancy Pelosi Appoints Only Democrats To House Select Coronavirus Committee

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi has appointed seven Members of Congress to her House Select Coronavirus Committee, designed to “oversee” how the White House spends the money allocated for coronavirus relief in the CARES Act, passed last month — and perhaps to no one’s surprise, the committee has only Democrats.

3 Likes

5 Likes

No worries. This is one issue both sides agree on. She'll make sure the money gets into the hands of the rich instead of the middle You're good.

2 Likes
Flavorful -

No worries. This is one issue both sides agree on. She'll make sure the money gets into the hands of the rich instead of the middle You're good.

Absolutely the committee should have bi-partisan representation so I'd be curious to hear how she answers the inevitable question on why only Democrats.

But remember, unless I'm mistaken the committee is only about providing oversight: They don't allocate money or decide who gets what, the purpose is to make sure those that do hand the money out do so fairly (i.e. not just the rich, not just for friends, not for political influence, etc.)

1 Like

I'm sure theyll accomplish a lot. 

1 Like
kevsh -
Flavorful -

Absolutely the committee should have bi-partisan representation so I'd be curious to hear how she answers the inevitable question on why only Democrats.

But remember, unless I'm mistaken the committee is only about providing oversight: They don't allocate money or decide who gets what, the purpose is to make sure those that do hand the money out do so fairly (i.e. not just the rich, not just for friends, not for political influence, etc.)

Either way, no reason to have only dems.  It being just an oversight committee means fuck all unless you're a brainwashed moron.

If you can't trust Nancy Pelosi, who can you REALLY trust in this world? 

4 Likes

and trump appointed only republicans to the economy panel. This is politics in the USA now.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said he hasn't determined whether he will appoint any GOP lawmakers to the newly formed special committee overseeing coronavirus stimulus spending, telling reporters he will likely announce his decision next week. 

1 Like

Sounds like the GOP could have put someone in the panel and didn't want to. Not that Pelosi wouldn't

DaveFu -

If you can't trust Nancy Pelosi, who can you REALLY trust in this world? 

Kevin McCarthy? Leader of the house GOP?

kevsh -
Flavorful -

You say this as if having oversight authority can't incluence the process. Without a doubt the people who have discretion will defer to the oversight committee's wishes, even though the committee doesn't have discretion to implement or administer on its own.

So another partisan witch hunt. Got it.

jcblass - So another partisan witch hunt. Got it.

Don't you wish the GOP had decided to participate and actually oversee where the money was going?

Or you prefer that no one looks and graft goes unnoticed and unpunished?

kevsh -
Flavorful -

This isn't a commitee to decide where the money goes.

The Trump administration will be picking winners and losers here. This committee will is to make sure  the process of giving the money away is done properly 

This is exactly what you want to have. The GOP decided against doing any oversight and won't seat anyone on the committee, by choice.

The committee is going to be yet another vehicle for Democrat attacks on Trump. I'm betting they will have hearings scheduled within days after the shutdown. With the sole purpose of hosting a menagerie of libtards, all saying Trump didn't handle it correctly. Its all so predictable...

Did she appoint the bug-eyed homo Schiff as the leader?

Lt_Fop -

I'm sure theyll accomplish a lot. 

They will tackle the tough covid issues.

Such as female racial diversity in the workplace.

madmartigan - 
jcblass - So another partisan witch hunt. Got it.

Don't you wish the GOP had decided to participate and actually oversee where the money was going?

Or you prefer that no one looks and graft goes unnoticed and unpunished?

I would imagine the GOP did not want to participate in a witch hunt that was predicated on the PERCEPTION of an oversight committee. That, they would want no part of. So, I guess the bigger question is, what is it about this "Committee" was so noxious, the Republicans didn't want to take part in it.

There are bi-partisan committees all day every day in Congress. I would suggest to you that this is a witch hunt disguised as an honest inquiry and the Republicans were not going to give legitimacy to another Pelosi led bogus investigation.

However, the Senate will be returning to D.C. to do the people's work. Pelosi's won't allow the House to return to DC, citing, the high degree of "danger" associated with the virus.

If she wants to return to DC and have a floor debate, I am open to hearing both sides. However, she is too busy, at home, eating ice cream, which tells you all you need to know about this fake threat.

She wants that stimulus money. Fuck her. She thinks were gonna close right back up? Be ready for a real fight.  

I was so proud of my nation, left and right we were all making money and leaving a thriving economy to our future.  I do t have any kids but I was so happy knowing my nieces, nephews and lil cousins wouldn't have to suffer. That is all been flushed. Try to to tank it more here in TX, we dare you.