Pence used private email. Got hacked.

Lock him up?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-pence-email-idUSKBN16A03O?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews

U.S. Vice President Mike Pence used a private email account to conduct public business as governor of Indiana, at times discussing sensitive matters and homeland security issues, and the account was hacked last summer, the Indianapolis Star reported on Thursday.

Emails released to the Indianapolis Start in response to a public records request show Pence communicated via his personal AOL account with top advisers on topics ranging from security gates at the governor's residence to the state's response to terrorism attacks across the globe, the newspaper reported.

Indiana law does not prohibit public officials from using personal email accounts, the Star said.

AOL? LOL!

attjack - http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-pence-email-idUSKBN16A03O?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews

Pence used private email while Indiana governor, was hacked: Indianapolis Star

Thu Mar 2, 2017 | 7:52pm EST

U.S. Vice President Mike Pence used a private email account to conduct public business as governor of Indiana, at times discussing sensitive matters and homeland security issues, and the account was hacked last summer, the Indianapolis Star reported on Thursday.

Emails released to the Indianapolis Start in response to a public records request show Pence communicated via his personal AOL account with top advisers on topics ranging from security gates at the governor's residence to the state's response to terrorism attacks across the globe, the newspaper reported.

Indiana law does not prohibit public officials from using personal email accounts, the Star said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-pence-email-idUSKBN16A03O?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews

as long as he turned over the emails before he exited office I dont think there is any infraction

democrats better be careful.  This is going to backfire bigtime. 

Non story then?

Come on dude...

"Indiana law does not prohibit public officials from using personal email accounts, the Star said."

The real question is why the law is written this way. You know damn well we can't lock people up if there's no violation.

GenErick - 

Non story then?

non story as long as he remitted the emails

but that wont stop CNN and Co.  

GenErick -

Non story then?
I found it humourous nonetheless.

KingFanPaul - AOL? LOL!
This too though. He actually does look like an AOL guy.

attjack - 
GenErick -

Non story then?

Why?

1. Was this illegal?
    2. Was the information classified?
    3. Has he denied everything?
    4. Did he take hammers to the hard drives?
    5. Did he deleted 30,000 emails?

If yes, not only should he be promoted to State, he should have 145,000,000 million people vote for him as their leader of the free world.

Did you even read what you posted?  While clearly an oversight on their part and something they will likely change as a result of this, there is a pretty significant difference.

Now correct me if Im wrong, but I dont think he lied to a congressional hearing or the FBI. If thats what the OP was referring to. Not that he would be as stupid to compare the two situations as if they were the same thing.

Non-story aside, I doubt much classified material is handled at the state level, anyway.

I'm sad to say that I'm a little shocked attjack would reach this hard. 

KingFanPaul - AOL? LOL!
Fucking this.

Who uses AOL lol.

Lock him up!
Lock him up!

disbeliever -

It's funny to watch liberals grab onto this story despite it being perfectly legal in this case.

Sort of like Hillary's private email address?

GenErick -
attjack - 
GenErick -

Non story then?

Why?

Because he's a retarded faggot.