Penn got assaulted didn’t use self defense,why?

I keep reading people saying BJ Penn was in a street fight  and got KO'd.  

I would think a street fight would mean that both people were attacking eachother. Penn clearly had his hands down and was not attacking this guy who was assaulting him 

I know Penn has mentioned that he was already in trouble with his custody case from that first altercation at the strip club and did not want any trouble.

But at what point should Penn have used his self defense against the man who was assaulting him?

We know that if  we only saw Bj Penn attack that guy in the video that Penn would be in big trouble. But is it worth getting assaulted like that ?

I know Penn attacked the guy after he got flash KO'd. But why didn't Penn just start fighting back right away ?

Fahqhard -

I thought he could tease him and did not know how shot his chin was, that's first time he had been ko of any beating I have seen 

When BJ got flash KO'd what do you think made him finally fight back ?

i still can't believe Penn got up that quick from hitting his head on the ground and then assaulted the guy 

Fahqhard -

I thought he could tease him and did not know how shot his chin was, that's first time he had been ko of any beating I have seen 

Are you sure Penn wasn't fighting back because he knew TMZ was there and couldn't risk his custody case ?

its so strange 

obviously Penn felt comfortable like an old friend around that guy letting him get so close to him 

Or was Penn in a catch 22 ?

damned it if you do and damned if you don't 

It was someone he was familiar with , I would say a friend but not sure what he considers him. Posted a thread around the time he gave an interview on it he mentions it bring a friend who had some beef. There are photos of them together before the KO . Big guy in camp shorts .

Someone else mentioned it is the guy somewhat overlooking the first BJ Penn street fight, I think his names Kimo?

WhereIsGoranReljic -

It was someone he was familiar with , I would say a friend but not sure what he considers him. Posted a thread around the time he gave an interview on it he mentions it bring a friend who had some beef. There are photos of them together before the KO . Big guy in camp shorts .

Someone else mentioned it is the guy somewhat overlooking the first BJ Penn street fight, I think his names Kimo?

Acquaintance or not at what point do you start defending yourself when a 250 pound man starts teeing off on your head ?

But

at what point does losing your custody case or Ufc contract put you in the position to get tee'd off on ?

Op is a fag and should be ignored.

TwoFatNuts -

Screen name checks out ;)

TwoFatNuts -

Are you upset that I have a different definition of a street fight than you do ?

to me both guys have to be swinging or aggressively trying to wrestle each other to be in an actual streetfight

BJ actually got assaulted right there 

I wonder what you would have done in that situation. I'm sure you would have ran to security or the police like I would have 

that's what makes fighters different than us

I understand having your own opinion but stay in reality please 

That wasnt some street fight, that was a tribal dispute among Hawaiian royalty.

Old news. 

MMA Experience -
WhereIsGoranReljic -

Acquaintance or not at what point do you start defending yourself when a 250 pound man starts teeing off on your head ?

But

at what point does losing your custody case or Ufc contract put you in the position to get tee'd off on ?

I think it add mores emotion to the situation , potentially leaving you standing there talking shit , BJ said before that he was trying to hug the guy as he kept hitting him though.

Got knocked down by a punch while drunk = ko'd? Please go back into obscurity, thanks. 

Fahqhard -
MMA Experience -
Fahqhard -

Are you sure Penn wasn't fighting back because he knew TMZ was there and couldn't risk his custody case ?

its so strange 

obviously Penn felt comfortable like an old friend around that guy letting him get so close to him 

Both.  But I think BJ thought he was ok to take shots and taunt him.. then got ko and was humiliation and had to fight

Honestly I don't think Penn could feel any type of emotion after getting flash KO'd. It's not something that you are too aware of when it happens and street fights go down quick. He was too much in the moment to feel humiliation. He probably stood up and something told him to attack this guy no matter the consequence.  Penn said in his interview that he didn't expect the guy would hit him again and thought the guy would hug him or say that's enough 

The guy was unconscious while they pulled Penn off the guy and the guy didn't even try to move.  

Penn lives a crazy life at 40 years old

Fahqhard -
MMA Experience -
Fahqhard -
MMA Experience -
Fahqhard -

its so strange 

Both.  But I think BJ thought he was ok to take shots and taunt him.. then got ko and was humiliation and had to fight

Honestly I don't think Penn could feel any type of emotion after getting flash KO'd. It's not something that you are too aware of when it happens and street fights go down quick. He was too much in the moment to feel humiliation. He probably stood up and something told him to attack this guy no matter the consequence.  Penn said in his interview that he didn't expect the guy would hit him again and thought the guy would hug him or say that's enough 

The guy was unconscious while they pulled Penn off the guy and the guy didn't even try to move.  

Penn lives a crazy life at 40 years old

BJ is living out his 20s that he feels he lost out on.. coke and sluts

Bj said he is going through a separation with his baby mama and she put a TRO on him to slander his name when he he wouldn't let his daughters move to California with her new husband and her new daughter that was just born.  

Maybe that coupled with the fact that now he has all this free time on his hands and money in his pocket he will go out in the night looking for women like all of us would except the homos on the underground 

#drunk