Penn/Lyoto *YAWN*

Sent, latinthunder.

Guys

where can i download the clip?

thanks

....It means "your mom is a whore" in Latvian

i would have never known that. i dont speak "dirt" languages of the 3rd world kind. only languages where the people that derived or currently speak the language have some level of global importance.

Definately not an exciting fight. Lyoto controlled most of the fight, using his size to nulify any of BJ's advances to take him down. Smart and safe against a ground expert.

Lyoto was too respectful of Penn. He had alot of opportunities to throw more body shots and knee shots along the ropes.

God forbid BJ finds himself in that position against someone like Wanderlei or Shogun.

I've seen alot better fights from both guys. Styles make fights. This one did'nt produce excitement. More like a chess match.

All said and done, Lyoto won imo. BJ did'nt look right at this weight. And he did'nt fight with the same explosiveness that makes him one of the best.

I hope he stays between 165 -175 at most. Plenty of good fighters there for him, and we will see him at his best. Not sluggish.

wild celtic,

this is bj's first fight against a heavy. i am sure he will adapt to the added weight and do just fine. if he could not perform at that weight neirther he nor his management team would allow it.

bj also knows there is more money to be made fighting the heavies. fighting 165-175 just does not bring in big paydays.

"i would have never known that. i dont speak "dirt" languages of the 3rd world kind. only languages where the people that derived or currently speak the language have some level of global importance."

I like this guy. He gets it.

folks where is the fight clip?

Goku you are the man i will never agrue with you ever you really shut um down. B.j. Had three weeks to prepare for lyoto. he did dam good fighting and carrying aroung a guy 44 pounds heavyer. You know lyoto showed respect to bj in the fight cause he was less aggesive the he normally fights. but much prop's to him and much love to bj for taking the fight at lyoto;s weight. "TEAM HILO BOY" Thunda

Poodollar

Granted the money will be better against the bigger guys. And BJ probably has more punching power at this weight. But he definately sacrificed his quickness in this fight.

I like watching BJ fight at his best. I'd like to see him stay at say 170 and take on even 185 lb fighters instead of guy's that are 40 lbs heavier.

"this is bj's first fight against a heavy. i am sure he will adapt to the added weight and do just fine."

You don't think there's more to fighting bigger guys than just "adapting" to the weight difference?

Maybe BJ will take on Herring next.

I'm sure Lyoto was terrified of somehow fucking up and being beaten by a guy known for being a 155lber.

Ironlung makes yet another fuck tard post.

The crowd made the fight even worse than it was. The crowd was like a bunch of corpses. Check for pulses.

lyoto won. definitely FAR from domination. i was disappointed with lyoto. he looked like he was trying not to lose, as opposed to going for a finish. i'm sure its because he respects BJ, but that was garbage.

I didn't mind the fight. Was it a big thrill? No....but Miletich vs Burnett this was not.

vortex2001 - I thought he was doing a good job of 'slipping' a lot of Lyoto's strikes. He put himself in danger a fair bit by dropping his head but I reckon he needs more work on the strikes.

A lot of times he ended up hitting with his wrist or bottom of the fist. Needs to tidy that up and he may stun some guys on the way in instead of only occasionally tagging them.

Fucking turkeys calling this domination.....btw, Ironlung? You got me tto. My blood was starting to boil.

Maybe Lyoto can turn his career into the reverse of BJ's, where he only fights smaller dudes from here on out. Now that he's beaten BJ, he can start calling out Matt Hughes, Sudo, and the like. He can bill himself as a total bully. "I just wanted to prove that the bigger man can always beat a smaller skilled martial artist---that's what bullying is all about, beating up the smaller man."