Penn State Frat Bro Drank To Death--Murder??

Piazza, pledging to a frat at Penn State is forced to drink alcohol, falls down the steps twice, suffers injuries and dies two days later. On tv they're acted like his frat brothers maliciously murdered him, talking about how when he was unconscious his friends were slapping him. "WHY WOULD THEY SLAP HIM??" Because everyone was fucking drunk and they were slapping him to try and wake him up. Anyone watching this?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/amp/penn-state-fraternity-death-timothy-piazza-s-parents-say-son-n759426

How long before they called for help? So much for brotherhood

You nees read the whole report of what happened. Its far worse than just "falling down the stairs"

Greek Life should be banned on all campuses, stupid bullshit

Train Sumo - How long before they called for help? So much for brotherhood

12 hrs

Your friend is passed out drunk after a ton of booze, falls repeatedly and hits his head. Get him to an emergency room for either of those things let alone both. I don't know about murder definition, but wtf are these guys thinking? 

Get drunk all you want but do it like a fucking adult, while hanging out with your friends doing something.  Not sticking a beer bong up your ass and speed drinking.  This shit is a recipe for disaster and the outcome was completely predictable.  

Are college age students not adults? We are doomed as a nation. 

Smartaleck response follows...

It's Penn state, at least they didn't take him to the shower and ass rape him!

Their brains don't fully form until 25, so they can't really be held responsible. Slap on the wrist it is!

Reminds me of that scene in Clockers where Strike collapses from illness and his crew starts kicking him like that's gonna help because they're fucking retards just like these guys.

Guy takes a brain injury falling while heavily intoxicated and the solution is to punch him and avoid calling for any sort of help?

The pictures of these douchebags make them look like frat bros from central casting.

Co3 -

Your friend is passed out drunk after a ton of booze, falls repeatedly and hits his head. Get him to an emergency room for either of those things let alone both. I don't know about murder definition, but wtf are these guys thinking? 

Get drunk all you want but do it like a fucking adult, while hanging out with your friends doing something.  Not sticking a beer bong up your ass and speed drinking.  This shit is a recipe for disaster and the outcome was completely predictable.  

They are adults legally but most college students especially frat members are immature

YVEL MACHIDA -
Co3 -

They are adults legally but most college students especially frat members are immature

We need to bring back the draft

After reading more of the case I don't see how anyone can defend the frat douches

This is a bad situation. Man. How do you sort through this? 

Fucking idiots.

Trifive -
YVEL MACHIDA - You nees read the whole report of what happened. Its far worse than just "falling down the stairs"

Greek Life should be banned on all campuses, stupid bullshit

This.  I never understood "buying friends".   It's fucking stupid.  Ban that shit all together.  Losers. 

Nah. That one was bad. Most are alright.

NerveBlock -

Negligence, possibly involuntary manslaughter. Definitely not murder. 

My national organization carried a 28 million dollar umbrella coverage for situations like that along with assaults, accidents etc etc. Insurance is what you're paying for (generally half your dues) and the other half goes to local chapter events, fundraising etc etc

Co3 -
YVEL MACHIDA -
Co3 -

The day we end immoral wars. This is what you get with our society's values

Train Sumo -
Co3 -
YVEL MACHIDA -
Co3 -

Maybe with a draft we'd fight fewer immoral wars since all Americans would have a reason to think hard before going to war. The values at play here aren't about war, they're about lack of consequences for your actions and selfishness. They learned that from their parents revolving their worlds around them as children.

Co3 -
Train Sumo -
Co3 -
YVEL MACHIDA -
Co3 -

Maybe with a draft we'd fight fewer immoral wars since all Americans would have a reason to think hard before going to war. The values at play here aren't about war, they're about lack of consequences for your actions and selfishness. They learned that from their parents revolving their worlds around them as children.

When your relatives and friends are forced to fight people on the behalf of those in power, people get ornery.

That's actually credited by some as the reason why Nixon ended the draft. He knew it would squelch the anti-war movement, and it did.

If they can say it's a volunteer army, then people accept that it's what they signed up for, and give less of a fuck about why we're entering war. 

So how exactly is it murder? Did they somehow force alcohol down this guys throat? It sucks but I don't see how that justifies murder.