Penn working with Mayweather Sr.

nice! so awesome if we get to see the philly shell vs a wrestler. might help with td defense having the lead hand down to underhook

bj needs to work on his sweeps to win this fight.

malex1 - bj needs to work on his sweeps to win this fight.

i think this guy may be able to do sweeps?

"He's also taking some privates from Sergio Penha while he's down in Vegas." -stillmatic

He couldn't possibly pick a better boxing trainer. This is an excellent move. Phone Post

BJ is gonna own him

BJ should spend a few weeks at the Holiday Inn folding blankets.

Just some comments... Didn't roach say when asked, that Penn was 1 of the best mma fighters he has worked with... Mike Tyson WOULD NOT be a good boxing trainer, the men who have trained mike would be great.... Floyd sr. Is a piece of shit but yes, he knows his shit. Phone Post

cusandmike - BJ should be working with Team Quest for this one. If I were to bring in a boxing coach, I'd rather bring in Mike Tyson. Mayweather's style is not for MMA. Tyson's peek-a-boo is ideal for smaller, faster, hard hitting fighters. Not saying that they have a similar style or movements, but Mike KNOWS HIS SHIT and would probably be better versed in the intricacies of MMA than Floyd.

Come on now! Mike tyson doesn't have any world champions, he's not a trainer. Mayweather Sr. is a great trainer, and he can cater to more then 1 style. I am sure he is just tightening up BJs boxing fundamentals more then anything. I doubt he's trying to make him anything like his son.

inf0 - 

BJ should spend a few weeks at the Holiday Inn folding blankets.

Facking GOLD Jerry.. GOLD!

Serms like this would've made more sense vs the fights with Edgar but we'll see Phone Post

GodSaveTheQueen - John Fitch's head is coming clean of his shoulders.

Ppfffttt, ok! I hate this fight for BJ, I can't think of a worse match up. He's not even supposed to be fighting WW at this stage in his career. Who cares he beat an aging Matt Hughes? I really thought Gray was going to win, and I envisioned BJ going back to his proper weight class and knocking Gray into next week, but that's not in the cards now. I got Fitch by UD.

This is the type of stupid shit that has blighted the career of BJ - learning boxing when he's about to be laid on for 15 minutes.

Anyone want to bet me on this? I got Fitch by an easy UD.

Who's a better boxing coach for mma fighters? Roach or mayweather sr? Phone Post

MMALOGIC - This is absolutely retarded... BJ needs to be focused on one thing and one thing only:

Wrestling defense... specifically Defense against wall and stall and lay and pray. That's it.

He should be at team quest or a place where there's some fucking monster wrestlers. He needs to be training with ryan bader,aaron simpson, etc... not with a fucking boxing coach.
This. +1.  But at a minimum, I am just glad he is no longer hanging in Hilo with all his boys.

www.bjpenn.com/video/training-with-master-floyd 

that's BJ with Floyd Sr. footage... not matbattle

OII?

if Pierre was able to out box Fitch, BJ has a solid chance as well.

Immaculata - 
GodSaveTheQueen - John Fitch's head is coming clean of his shoulders.
Ppfffttt, ok! I hate this fight for BJ, I can't think of a worse match up. He's not even supposed to be fighting WW at this stage in his career. Who cares he beat an aging Matt Hughes? I really thought Gray was going to win, and I envisioned BJ going back to his proper weight class and knocking Gray into next week, but that's not in the cards now. I got Fitch by UD.
Agree.  Worst possible matchup for BJ (worse than even GSP).  Guy will weigh about 25-30 pounds heavier come fight time not to mention massive size and reach advantage.

Everything that Fitch is good at (grinding it out and not slowing down) is BJ's weakness (gasses due to conditioning).

I am a huge fan of BJ but don't think this is a good matchup.

Barry_BondsMVP - if Pierre was able to out box Fitch, BJ has a solid chance as well.

how do you out-box somebody from your back?

just how Hughes did lol, no but if he works on keeping it standing, he should be ok..it should be a good fight though.

Bj gonna lay an ass woopin Phone Post