People are overlooking what Vitor did

…because of the age difference. Me included.

Think for a moment about this. What if a 44 year old boxer took an mma fight with a 58 year old Randy Couture, took him down and submitted him in under a round…

We would all be shocked. This is what Vitor did to Holyfield.

5 Likes

Except it was a shit stop by the ref. Total bullshit.

The results would have been the same but nobody can seriously say he was done.

3 Likes

I was glad they stopped it. That was tough to watch.

9 Likes

Nah, it would be more like if a 44 year old wrestler took an MMA fight with Randy Couture and won, which wouldn’t be a stretch at his age.

4 Likes

Vitor probably didnt even landed clean once, ref just didnt wanted to watch an old man get beat up, vitor would have tired in second round and then holyfield would have showed him what boxing is about

4 Likes

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

5 Likes

I’d be more inclined to believe that Randy would have a second heart attack less than 30 seconds into the flight

2 Likes

I think every MMA guy is green lit in a boxing gym right meow

4 Likes

Yeah combat sports has the most sensitive fans in the world.

It’s not vitors fault this fight was sanctioned. He just stepped in there and did his job by finishing one of the greatest heavyweights ever in the first round.

Also, prime Holyfield fought an ancient foreman and didn’t hold back.

Vitor is an old man himself and has every right to celebrate his legendary win over arguably the best heavyweight ever.

But sensitive crybabies will make excuses and cry when their idols get their asses whipped.

6 Likes

Holyfield is my all time favorite boxer ever behind Duran.

Vitor whipped his ass fair and square. LEGENDARY WIN for Vitor. I’d be celebrating too if I beat Holyfield.

But I wouldn’t. Neither would any of you clowns talking down on him like he’s some frail pathetic defenseless old man. Holyfield would kick all your asses

4 Likes

Not in a spelling contest…

1 Like

Mike Tyson would

1 Like

Sorry it has everything to do with the age difference. If Holyfield was even 50 that would of been a very different fight. Physical age is one thing, battered, aged brain inflammation is another thing. Getting old is a real thing especially for men once they turn 40 let alone tipping close to 60. That was like watching a grown man fight a child retard. Holyfield should of been left with his dignity and never licensed.

5 Likes

He beat someone pushing 60 while being aged where he could still be a professional fighter at the very end of his career and not doing freak show fights. If Evander was closer to 50 then maybe, but at 58? Nah, he had no business fighting someone 14 years younger. It meant nothing except for a giant embarrassment for combat sports in general.

6 Likes

Ok… would anyone be excited for Vitor vs Tyson right now?

3 Likes

All I saw was two grown men that agreed to box each other and one lost, fair and square.

I believe what Holyfield said in that he was never hurt. When you rewatch the fight you can see it. The issue is that his body is obviously not what it was. He lost his balance off the sheer impact of Vitor’s punches. He even sent himself to the canvas off the velocity of his own hook. It’s hard to give Vitor too much credit for the win.

2 Likes

… that’s an interesting take.

Of course. I honestly think Mike looks like a killer still in training where Evander despite being in amazing shape didn’t have his boxing skills still in training. More than understandable being he is 58. Mike still has power and could have taken RJJ out at anytime he wanted to but it was a glorified sparring session with his friend he didn’t want to hurt with headshots.

2 Likes

I also agree with this, however I have no issue with an early stoppage on a man that is 58. I do believe he was fine still.