People continue to use Hard drugs...why?!

Here we are, we have so much info on hard drugs and their effects, good and bad..we know hard drugs cause intense addiction and physical dependence..they do damage to many organs and often the damage is permanent..they can cause you to overdose, they rot your teeth and tend to make you neglect your health in various ways..sooo many lives have been completely ruined through the use of hard drugs but people continue to use them in very large numbers!

Why?!? It doesn't seem very logical

Btw, by hard drugs I mean anything above weed and cigarettes...I'm mostly talking about cocaine, crack, heroin, meth etc etc

The are just supporting the cartels to keep Mexicans down

Caffeine!? I neeeeeeeed it mother fucker! 

Smoking cigs is point blank the dumbest fucking thing people still do.  There's no health expert that wouldn't have at number one as thing to avoid.  2019 and you're smoking, you're a fucking nitwit

i don't get hard drugs either.  I mean I like a couple beers but there's no high better than ultra sober, clear headed and alert .  

9 Likes
Girly -

Smoking cigs is point blank the dumbest fucking thing people still do.  There's no health expert that wouldn't have at number one as thing to avoid.  2019 and you're smoking, you're a fucking nitwit

i don't get hard drugs either.  I mean I like a couple beers but there's no high better than ultra sober, clear headed and alert .  

Gritty, we obviously have contrasting genetics.  I have never done hard drugs and probably never will, but once the beer pump has been started.... there aint no stoppin.  

1 Like

How about MDMA once in awhile?

2 Likes
GhettoDestro -
Girly -

Gritty, we obviously have contrasting genetics.  I have never done hard drugs and probably never will, but once the beer pump has been started.... there aint no stoppin.  

Only time I really go hambone with beer is at concerts.  

Stimulus barrier. Cigs primarily. Cheap, or cheap enough.

Cheap way to rise above your problems for a short while.

Turn off the rumination effect.

...and oddly, death wish, which strangely enough is related to fear of mortality.

I have the distance to know this because I observed it. I thank whatever gods may be that I am vice free.

1 Like

"Why?!? It doesn't seem very logical"

You're trying to apply reason to something that is not rational. Addiction has been shown to be associated with the nucleus accumbens, which is what triggers urges such as thirst and hunger. 

Emotional trauma can compel people to seek relief, even temporary relief, from substances like hard drugs, even if they rationally understand the danger of those drugs. The emotional pain overcomes their rational fear. 

This then leads to overexpression of certain substances in the nucleus accumbens such that it gets rewired to develop urges for that substance. This is when the hook really gets set. 

How easy would it be for you to ignore your thirst if you hadn't drunk anything for 4 or 5 days? Could you be rational and logical about it or would you be more likely to do whatever it took to slake your thirst? That's how it is for many addicts.

And even once you get the psychological and emotional tools to help you fight the urge, it never goes away. It may be reduced, you may get better at fighting it, but it's always there. It *never* goes away. It's why many people fail at recovery and end up dead. It's why even those who are successful with recovery usually relapse at some point. 

3 Likes

Because  drugs are fun.

7 Likes
Thrill Hammer -

Because  drugs are fun.

This.  Someone i know whos an addict told me recently that he disnt want to quit drugs because life is boring without them.

Thats pretty fucked up.

2 Likes
Girly -
GhettoDestro -
Girly -

Only time I really go hambone with beer is at concerts.  

I have trouble keeping my composure at baseball games.  #TurntUp

1 Like

I feel like people and even professionals always try and blame the person. The newer thing is to say someone who is an addict must have a genetic predisposition to it. 

I feel this is a way of telling themselves they are better or different than addicts. 

But the truth is these drugs mostly have extreme europhic effects and are extremely addictive. 

We have an entire generation of people who have become addicts because they were simply overprescribed extremely addictive pain medication. They do not have a genetic predisposition to addiction and they do not have any mental trauma or conditions that caused their addiction. The drugs themselves are addictive as fuck. 

If you haven't done a hard drug several times consecutively you have no idea how hard it is to stop. 

You are not better than an addict. Every single one of us could break a bone, get overprescribed pain meds and end up homeless and addicted to heroin after a couple years. 

2 Likes

Feels good man

They don't have anything better to do.  

Boredom.

It feels good.

Friends that do it. 

Get stuck in the routine of doing it.

Trying to distract themselves from life or pain.

5 Likes

Life's a mind numbing, bogus drag. 'Just Say No' peckerheads, they make me gag.

Fury2Feed - Life's a mind numbing, bogus drag. 'Just Say No' peckerheads, they make me gag.

If you find regular life to be a mind-numbing drag, then you probably have some deep seated issues and could use some professional help. 

1 Like

Hey Op since you're all high and mighty then how about to go and try banging a hooker without some coke or similar? Lead by example 

1 Like

Attack them like cigarettes but good luck. Big pharm gotta leg up.

As far as illegal drugs go that's a list cause until you address the legal ones that are toxic af

1 Like
robbie380 -

They don't have anything better to do.  

Boredom.

It feels good.

Friends that do it. 

Get stuck in the routine of doing it.

Trying to distract themselves from life or pain.

All of these except for the last one for me

& also because they're usually fun