People that live on welfare

Personally, I don't associate with anybody that lives this life  

What exactly is this life? Section 8 housing? Money cards for food that they sell for .50 on the dollar?

What is day to day life like?  We know children get school benefits such as breakfast and lunch at school.  Also, their college is our paid for.  They get medical too right?

Whats the downside? No home ownership? Shitty car? No real vacations?

1 Like

If Kamala takes that office, you will get to find out what it is like first hand.

10 Likes

My dad ended up this way. He's 67 and ended up broke due to disability. Now he basically gets free healthcare, food stamps and pays like 250/month for a one bedroom apartment in senior section 8 housing, basically the same cost in hoa/property tax if he owned it. It's not a bad place, not nice but in the small town he was born in. Never in a million years when I was a kid would I think my father would end up that way. We grew up upper middle >

7 Likes
OblongBox - 

My dad ended up this way. He's 67 and ended up broke due to disability. Now he basically gets free healthcare, food stamps and pays like 250/month for a one bedroom apartment in senior section 8 housing, basically the same cost in hoa/property tax if he owned it. It's not a bad place, not nice but in the small town he was born in. Never in a million years when I was a kid would I think my father would end up that way. We grew up upper middle >

Sorry man. :frowning:

I work the inner city I heard a girl (Late 20s-early 30s) say "My mother never had a job, why would I?". She explained the system, how she purposely waited X amount of time to have kids so the money would last longer, she kept her place nice, had a pretty nice car too...trust they aren't living that bad

4 Likes
OblongBox - 

yep, it could happen to anyone and why I advocate the things I do.....saving/investing/buying-payoff-house when times are good.....but MOST OGs will go buy MORE GUN$, Pelotons, and I-things instead of listen to me all while they speak down to God's POOR children until they themselves are making a GFM thread!  

3 Likes
theraskal -
OblongBox - 

yep, it could happen to anyone and why I advocate the things I do.....saving/investing/buying-payoff-house when times are good.....but MOST OGs will go buy MORE GUN$, Pelotons, and I-things instead of listen to me all while they speak down to God's POOR children until they themselves are making a GFM thread!  

There is a general lack of empathy 

5 Likes
theraskal -
OblongBox - 

We don’t need you telling us not to buy guns.

5 Likes
EvilMaster - If Kamala takes that office, you will get to find out what it is like first hand.

Do you actually believe this? 

If so, why?

ps I voted Trump

1 Like
EvilMaster -
OblongBox - 

Is it possible to allow your father to live with you instead?  If no, why not?

2 Likes

It’s a shitty way to live, that’s for sure. 

1 Like

yep, it's RIDICULOUS all these GREEDY fortunates complaining about the POOR instead of just being THANKFUL for the BLESSING of qualities that have allowed them to LIVE WELL

I am thankful I am not on welfare and own a home on the coast.   Now I gotta go bust some bum villages before they get to close to me!

1 Like
9JuanJuan - 

I am thankful I am not on welfare and own a home on the coast.   Now I gotta go bust some bum villages before they get to close to me!

I would prefer that my UPSCALE Property Taxes be used for COMPASSIONATE social programs like Universal HealthCare and caring for the Homeless instead of being used on L/R political fighting impeachments & witch-hunts, WAR mongering, CORPORATE BAILOUTS, and so on.......

5 Likes
theraskal -
9JuanJuan - 

I would prefer that my UPSCALE Property Taxes be used for COMPASSIONATE social programs like Universal HealthCare and caring for the Homeless instead of being used on L/R political fighting impeachments & witch-hunts, WAR mongering, CORPORATE BAILOUTS, and so on.......

Yeah, who wouldn't prefer that? But shit in one hand and wish for the government to figure out how to efficiently spend our tax dollars in the other hand and see which one fills up first. 

that is why taxes should be cut

I started working when I was 10.  While most kids played during the summers I'd be working in a steel shop. At 16 I was diagnosed major depression, anxiety,phycosis and Catatonic. I had to drop out senior year but still worked got ged and even went to college.  Until I was 30 I'm 40 now have kids and been on SSDI the past 4 years I do  get food stamps and subsidized housing but everyday is a struggle for me mentally and financially.  I do odd jobs to make ends meet and hope to someday join the workforce again.  It's just 2020 has left me in a rut as far as going back to school and working.  I'm honestly just burnt out. 

16 Likes
Yamie Jagerbomb -
EvilMaster -
OblongBox - 

Is it possible to allow your father to live with you instead?  If no, why not?

Maybe you allow his father to live with you since you care so much about other people's business. Oh wait, you wouldnt associate with the likes of his father. 

I'm sure all the poor folk are just super upset that they dont get the chance to associate with you. 

1 Like
HillboFrateTrane -
theraskal -
OblongBox - 

There is a general lack of empathy 

When was the last time you donated your time and money?  Versus just putting a BLM sign in your front yard?

2 Likes
BONERJAMZ -

I started working when I was 10.  While most kids played during the summers I'd be working in a steel shop. At 16 I was diagnosed major depression, anxiety,phycosis and Catatonic. I had to drop out senior year but still worked got ged and even went to college.  Until I was 30 I'm 40 now have kids and been on SSDI the past 4 years I do  get food stamps and subsidized housing but everyday is a struggle for me mentally and financially.  I do odd jobs to make ends meet and hope to someday join the workforce again.  It's just 2020 has left me in a rut as far as going back to school and working.  I'm honestly just burnt out. 

Hang in there man. Times are tough for lot of people. You're not alone in that. Just keep fighting your fight and get yourself in position to pounce on a good spot when you're ready. 

But please dont try to talk to OP.  Hes a fancy uppity type and he doesnt associate with poor folk like you. I'm sure you're devastated, but I am here for you because poor folk are the only ones I've ever liked. 

6 Likes

Im just a bear so i get confused sometimes. By welfare do you mean the poor people who get money and benefits from the government, or the rich people and corporations that get money and benefits from the government?

1 Like