People that live on welfare

EFM -

My brother is a chef and started 4 businesses around cooking.  He was doing well until right before Covid.  He took some big risks that in any other environment would seem like no brainers.   Covid has essentially crushed him.  He's on food stamps, living off savings and doing shit at night like "canning", essentially stealing recyclable material out of residential bins at night and turning them in at recycling facilities.  He makes about $100 a night doing that.

He's a great person.  Volunteers time to cook at shelters and the like on weekends.

Not everyone on assistance is a shit bag.

I’m sorry China and the Democrats did this to your brother.

1 Like
Samoa -

LOL "What is the downside of living on welfare?"  Funny shit really.

Explain it to me. 

Free housing. Now it’s even in better parts of town due to “woke” urban planning. 

Free food. Free medical. 

Or, do you think they should be entitled to the luxuries that somebody earning even $50k a year is afforded?

Explain the "LOL". 

failure at life -
EFM -

My brother is a chef and started 4 businesses around cooking.  He was doing well until right before Covid.  He took some big risks that in any other environment would seem like no brainers.   Covid has essentially crushed him.  He's on food stamps, living off savings and doing shit at night like "canning", essentially stealing recyclable material out of residential bins at night and turning them in at recycling facilities.  He makes about $100 a night doing that.

He's a great person.  Volunteers time to cook at shelters and the like on weekends.

EFM's bro story is quite sad. 

If I had chef skills, I’d figure out out to cook meals for 5-10 families. Put them on a meal plan.  It would be enough to pay the bills. Much better than recycling. 

He has a skill. If he were in my town, I’d pay him an hourly and setup that business myself if he didn’t want to bother with the paperwork and logistics. 

AOC calls Amazon jobs a 'scam' because more than 4,000 of its employees are on food stamps-----

https://www.businessinsider.com/aoc-amazon-jobs-scam-food-stamps-no-financial-security

We did the math to calculate how much money Jeff Bezos makes in a year, month, week, day, hour, minute, and second

Bezos' rate is equivalent to $149,353 a minute. To put things in perspective, Bezos makes more than three times what the median US worker makes in year  $45,552, according to data by the Bureau of Labor Statistics — in one minute.-------

https://www.businessinsider.com/what-amazon-ceo-jeff-bezos-makes-every-day-hour-minute-2018-10

^the Welfare System seems to be benefitting Mr. Bezos quite nicely :)

![](upload://tU8Mq7WVxBdXsmtbPr7xmYVUdWI.png)

Yamie Jagerbomb -
Samoa -

Explain it to me. 

Free housing. Now it’s even in better parts of town due to “woke” urban planning. 

Free food. Free medical. 

Or, do you think they should be entitled to the luxuries that somebody earning even $50k a year is afforded?

Explain the "LOL". 

Free housing......that sucks. 

Free medical.....that sucks.

Free food......that sucks. 

Maybe it’s just me but the standard of living of someone on welfare has ZERO upside for me and is all downside. The question, to me, is funny to ask; in a ridiculous way. Maybe you wouldn’t understand it. 

theraskal - 
OblongBox - 

My dad ended up this way. He's 67 and ended up broke due to disability. Now he basically gets free healthcare, food stamps and pays like 250/month for a one bedroom apartment in senior section 8 housing, basically the same cost in hoa/property tax if he owned it. It's not a bad place, not nice but in the small town he was born in. Never in a million years when I was a kid would I think my father would end up that way. We grew up upper middle >

yep, it could happen to anyone and why I advocate the things I do.....saving/investing/buying-payoff-house when times are good.....but MOST OGs will go buy MORE GUN$, Pelotons, and I-things instead of listen to me all while they speak down to God's POOR children until they themselves are making a GFM thread!  

Those that act better then others with the I work for a living and would never ask for govt help. Im a REAL man! are a JOKE!

Ive seen so many TOUGH guys end up begging for help, doing go fund me’s, and eventually crying out the the god they always made fun of.

It can happen in a snap of a fingers and you find yourself “one of them”

Samoa -
Yamie Jagerbomb -
Samoa -

Explain it to me. 

Free food. Free medical. 

Explain the "LOL". 

Maybe it’s just me but the standard of living of someone on welfare has ZERO upside for me and is all downside. The question, to me, is funny to ask; in a ridiculous way. Maybe you wouldn’t understand it. 

The thing is if you don't have the skills or ambition to advance past minimum wage jobs your quality of life won't be any better than people living on welfare. For slow, lazy people welfare is a pretty good gig.

Samoa -
Yamie Jagerbomb -
Samoa -

Explain it to me. 

Free food. Free medical. 

Explain the "LOL". 

Housing

In NorCal, often their free housing is in the good neighborhood. The urban planning geniuses i mentioned earlier. "They'll have access to good schools, teachers, etc", they said. 

Know what they did with that access?  Jack shit. Caused problems. Increased suspensions, etc. 

Medical

Perhaps it isn't Kaiser or some other PPO plan, but it's much better than the medical that many working Americans get. 

Food

Don’t they get stamps that allow them to buy the essentials?  Why the fuck aren’t they buying lean meats and veggies?  Laziness is why, they buy processed foods and drink soda.

Regarding your statement the "life isn't for you", I agree.  It's not for me either.

Why dont these people go learn a skill.  For fucks sake, illegal immigrants make a decent living cleaning houses and cutting lawns.  How fucking hard is it to learn how to do pool cleaning?  Fixing an HVAC?  At most, a 6 month commitment to learn everything about pool systems or HVAC  

They just don't want to work sit around and bitch about shit.  

Don't agree?  Once again, look at all the non skilled immigrants that have figured it out. 

SuperFightFan -
theraskal - 
OblongBox - 

My dad ended up this way. He's 67 and ended up broke due to disability. Now he basically gets free healthcare, food stamps and pays like 250/month for a one bedroom apartment in senior section 8 housing, basically the same cost in hoa/property tax if he owned it. It's not a bad place, not nice but in the small town he was born in. Never in a million years when I was a kid would I think my father would end up that way. We grew up upper middle >

yep, it could happen to anyone and why I advocate the things I do.....saving/investing/buying-payoff-house when times are good.....but MOST OGs will go buy MORE GUN$, Pelotons, and I-things instead of listen to me all while they speak down to God's POOR children until they themselves are making a GFM thread!  

Those that act better then others with the I work for a living and would never ask for govt help. Im a REAL man! are a JOKE!

Ive seen so many TOUGH guys end up begging for help, doing go fund me’s, and eventually crying out the the god they always made fun of.

It can happen in a snap of a fingers and you find yourself "one of them"

I’m not saying we end wefare programs. Just reevaluate who gets it and for how long

Also, government shouldn't solve all problems. That's what family is for. Too bad most Americans shit on their families and never have time for them. 

Earlier in thread, someone mentioned they felt bad for their 70yo father. Fuck man, let him live with you. You have control over that. Nah, they’d rather let the government “fix” it. 

jpm995 -
Samoa -
Yamie Jagerbomb -
Samoa -

Explain it to me. 

Free food. Free medical. 

Explain the "LOL". 

The thing is if you don't have the skills or ambition to advance past minimum wage jobs your quality of life won't be any better than people living on welfare. For slow, lazy people welfare is a pretty good gig.

and that’s another downside, no?

Yamie Jagerbomb -
failure at life -
EFM -

EFM's bro story is quite sad. 

If I had chef skills, I’d figure out out to cook meals for 5-10 families. Put them on a meal plan.  It would be enough to pay the bills. Much better than recycling. 

He has a skill. If he were in my town, I’d pay him an hourly and setup that business myself if he didn’t want to bother with the paperwork and logistics. 

Hes still working and the meal plan deal is something he’s been doing.  But it doesn’t pay like the catering gigs he was getting before and his restaurant gig is permanently done as the restaurant closed.

The problem is now he also has to compete with all the unemployed restaurant chefs as well.  It’s been tough but he’s getting by and refuses to ask for or accept money.

theraskal -

![](upload://tU8Mq7WVxBdXsmtbPr7xmYVUdWI.png)

Bezos is not the richest person in the history of the world.

Yamie Jagerbomb -
Samoa -
Yamie Jagerbomb -
Samoa -

Explain it to me. 

Free food. Free medical. 

Explain the "LOL". 

Housing

In NorCal, often their free housing is in the good neighborhood. The urban planning geniuses i mentioned earlier. "They'll have access to good schools, teachers, etc", they said. 

Know what they did with that access?  Jack shit. Caused problems. Increased suspensions, etc. 

Medical

Perhaps it isn't Kaiser or some other PPO plan, but it's much better than the medical that many working Americans get. 

Food

Don’t they get stamps that allow them to buy the essentials?  Why the fuck aren’t they buying lean meats and veggies?  Laziness is why, they buy processed foods and drink soda.

Regarding your statement the "life isn't for you", I agree.  It's not for me either.

Why dont these people go learn a skill.  For fucks sake, illegal immigrants make a decent living cleaning houses and cutting lawns.  How fucking hard is it to learn how to do pool cleaning?  Fixing an HVAC?  At most, a 6 month commitment to learn everything about pool systems or HVAC  

Don't agree?  Once again, look at all the non skilled immigrants that have figured it out. 

Lol please don’t include hvac in the easy trade to learn in 6 months category haha. A lot deeper than one would assume. Hvac is a huge subject with a lot of different specialties. Yea you can learn to install residential systems and maybe diagnose faults within 6 months but hvac itself is a lot deeper than that. I agree with your sentiment that more people need to learn trades though. Bunch of fuckin idiots at my job been driving forklifts for 30 years and bitch at maintanence cause they don’t always seem busy. Then why the fuck didn’t you pick up an electrical book in 30 years?

madvillain11 -
Yamie Jagerbomb -
Samoa -
Yamie Jagerbomb -
Samoa -

Explain it to me. 

Free food. Free medical. 

Explain the "LOL". 

Housing

Medical

Food

Lol please don’t include hvac in the easy trade to learn in 6 months category haha. A lot deeper than one would assume. Hvac is a huge subject with a lot of different specialties. Yea you can learn to install residential systems and maybe diagnose faults within 6 months but hvac itself is a lot deeper than that. I agree with your sentiment that more people need to learn trades though. Bunch of fuckin idiots at my job been driving forklifts for 30 years and bitch at maintanence cause they don’t always seem busy. Then why the fuck didn’t you pick up an electrical book in 30 years?

My bad, no disrespect to HVAC guys. 

I said it out of ignorance I suppose, cuz most times those guys diagnose pretty quick and it’s never a fix, just replacing a part. 

Bend The Knee - 

I work the inner city I heard a girl (Late 20s-early 30s) say "My mother never had a job, why would I?". She explained the system, how she purposely waited X amount of time to have kids so the money would last longer, she kept her place nice, had a pretty nice car too...trust they aren't living that bad

Exactly why the progressive want to destroy the nuclear family and the easiest culture to do it was black culture. More specifically urban blacks. They want everyone on state/social assistance. A single mom can get assloads of state assistance. Hell if she claims she was abused by a man she can probably retire on her welfare money after having 3 kids and spacing them out.

Yamie Jagerbomb -
madvillain11 -
Yamie Jagerbomb -
Samoa -
Yamie Jagerbomb -
Samoa -

Explain it to me. 

Free food. Free medical. 

Explain the "LOL". 

Housing

Medical

Food

I said it out of ignorance I suppose, cuz most times those guys diagnose pretty quick and it’s never a fix, just replacing a part. 

Ha fair enough. It can get deep. Just like electrical work can be deeper than residential wiring. When I used to be a residential hvac tech I used to do a lot of work in section 8 housing. Was never a man in the house. Only women raising the kids. Lots of grandmas raising their grandchildren. Rat shit everywhere. And lots of trashed places. 

madvillain11 -
Yamie Jagerbomb -
madvillain11 -
Yamie Jagerbomb -
Samoa -
Yamie Jagerbomb -
Samoa -

Explain it to me. 

Free food. Free medical. 

Explain the "LOL". 

Housing

Medical

Food

Ha fair enough. It can get deep. Just like electrical work can be deeper than residential wiring. When I used to be a residential hvac tech I used to do a lot of work in section 8 housing. Was never a man in the house. Only women raising the kids. Lots of grandmas raising their grandchildren. Rat shit everywhere. And lots of trashed places. 

This is precisely the problem. Women are raising the kids themselves. They model poor behavior, etc. 

The above is what everybody will parrot. 

As though it is like a North Korea situation where people really cannot improve their lives. Bull fucking shit. 

For those kids living in suburbia, which is majority, they have plenty of opportunity. They just throw it all away. Fuck are they doing with their time?

Nothing. 

They go to school and don't do shit.  Go home and do absolutely nothing. And we excuse theme for this behavior because their housing isnt that nice. Their medical isn't as good as Kaiser. stop making excuses. 

This thread was interesting to me becuase I was downvoted. Why?  OGers act like a bunch of badasses and generally lean toward voting Republican. But this thread offended them. The same fuckers that say roll your sleeves up and work hard, were triggered by what I wrote. Go figure. 

Yamie Jagerbomb -
Samoa -
Yamie Jagerbomb -
Samoa -

Explain it to me. 

Free food. Free medical. 

Explain the "LOL". 

Housing

Medical

Food

I’m in the NorCal hosing projects regularly. The schools and the housing suck. The food at The Grocery Outlet in Vis Valley in SF for example has much different food than a Nob Hill grocery store. There isn’t a “good” grocery store without getting on the bus line. 

Welfare sucks. That’s why people should use it to get out of the situation