People that say "This Town Sucks"

Does anyone have any of these people that they talk to in person or where it's more common, in your Facebook feed? Notice it's always someone who is not very happy or successful in any part of their life.

I've observed that most towns are essentially the same, with the same number of things to do and the same types of people.

These miserable fucks that bitch about 'this town" or "this city" really crack me up. I'm thinking, "It's you, dude. It's you. You are a miserable, negative loser and wherever you go you will hate it."

I have similar opinions of people who get "bored." I think if you're bored, it means you're boring.

It's generally true about jobs too. I like to ask people who complain if they've ever had a job they liked, they say yes and then I ask why they left that job... Blank stare...

I hear what you’re saying but some places are better than others. Some places are depressing, some are amazing.

Canooke -

I hear what you’re saying but some places are better than others. Some places are depressing, some are amazing.

Word

Canooke -

Yeah I mean if you live in some 1 stop light town in the fucking woods that's 45 minutes away from the nearest ANYTHING than maybe... but even then there are people who love it there... people who do things on 4-wheelers and burn bonfires or go fishing or whatever rednecks do. You could start an orgy swinger club in that town. You can have fun anywhere unless you're a boring shitty person.

The two cities I have experienced this with the most have a TON of stuff going on though. Great nightlife, shopping, music scenes, arts and entertainment, tourist attractions, dining... literally every fucking thing that there is to have in a city. And there are people who say "this town sucks."

Throwin'Knuckles -

I think there is a lot of truth to what you are saying. Some people are just negative. At the same time, some places do suck. I have been working in a city of 2500 for months. There are 3 places we eat at. The liquor laws are retarded. Its BFE. I don't mind it really. But if you want anything it's an hour drive. 

Agree & have the opposite situation. Was relocated for work from the coast to a city. I fucking hate cities & all the filthy shit that comes with them. Loved my little beach/fishing town of 10k people & great weather. 

I keep the positive attitude mostly for my family but the second my son is out of the house, wife & I are back to the coast. 

The company you keep is one thing.... The assholes that inhabit certain places is another thing. Lifestyle plays a role too. If you want hikes in nature but you live in a concrete jungle you might think the city sucks. 

Icy Mike -
Canooke -

Yeah I mean if you live in some 1 stop light town in the fucking woods that's 45 minutes away from the nearest ANYTHING than maybe... but even then there are people who love it there... people who do things on 4-wheelers and burn bonfires or go fishing or whatever rednecks do. You could start an orgy swinger club in that town. You can have fun anywhere unless you're a boring shitty person.

The two cities I have experienced this with the most have a TON of stuff going on though. Great nightlife, shopping, music scenes, arts and entertainment, tourist attractions, dining... literally every fucking thing that there is to have in a city. And there are people who say "this town sucks."

I don’t mind small towns with little to do. I’m thinking more along the lines of cities or neighborhoods where industry has left town and they are run down and poor, the people are down and out, etc.

I can enjoy rural, urban, and suburban. That’s no problem.

Perhaps travelling to the town/city that these people are complaining about and then fighting them in their back garden could be an option?

I'm originally from Columbia, SC. That city is fucking amazing. Parks, restaurants, museums, an amazing zoo, nightlife, music... everything. There's centers for the arts and tons of clubs and groups. There's also a huge lake and lots of rivers. And people will be like "There's nothing to do here."

Now I'm in Myrtle Beach, which has some sort of attraction every 50 feet, a lot of them really cool, nightlife, dining, parks, rivers... a fucking BEACH. People are like "Can't wait to go back to OHIO! FUCK THIS PLACE!"

Icy Mike -

I'm originally from Columbia, SC. That city is fucking amazing. Parks, restaurants, museums, an amazing zoo, nightlife, music... everything. There's centers for the arts and tons of clubs and groups. There's also a huge lake and lots of rivers. And people will be like "There's nothing to do here."

Now I'm in Myrtle Beach, which has some sort of attraction every 50 feet, a lot of them really cool, nightlife, dining, parks, rivers... a fucking BEACH. People are like "Can't wait to go back to OHIO! FUCK THIS PLACE!"

What are you on about?

Columbia and Myrtle Beach are shitholes that are filled with dirtasses. 

Captain CargoShorts: Pitbull Apologist -
Icy Mike -

What are you on about?

Found one!

This thread sucks.

I wish I lived in a one stoplight town,I don't get why people complain about it.

Icy Mike -
Icy Mike -

What are you on about?

Found one!

I would never live in either, moran. 

The BEST CAROLINA town I live in is fucking awesome. That's why I live here. 

You just have very low standards. 

Icy Mike -
Icy Mike -

What are you on about?

Found one!

Dude... you wear cargo shorts and have a pitbull.you probably live in fucking myrtle manner trailer park. You aren't fooling anyone

Icy Mike -
Icy Mike -

What are you on about?

Found one!

I'm saying I found one of those people, not a dirtass. You wish you had the dirt of my hometown on your ass.

To be fair, everyone in Boston that says "This town sucks" is right.

How dare you disrespect Boston like that! No-one in Boston had ever even said those words! I lived in Windsor north Carolina for 3 months and that place sucks. 

I don't know, I lived in a town with less than 2000 people and it was pretty boring there