People that say "You don't understand.."

People that say "You don't understand the sport if you thought the fight was boring" are usually fucking retards.

I understand this sport very well. I have watched every single UFC, Pride, and most Strikeforce, WEC, etc. I have trained with former UFC fighters, I have trianed BJJ, Muay Thai, boxing, and wrestling.

I appreciate the skill of all fighters, but some fights are just fucking boring, and Shields v. Mayhem was one of them. I understood the game plan, I appreciated the execution, but I was not entertained.

Jake "The Blanket" Shields.

I enjoyed it, there were a bunch of interesting scrambles, and it was dramatic when Mayhem had the RNC.

I understand grappling very well

And was still bored by Jake Shields tonight

catchascatchcant - I enjoyed it, there were a bunch of interesting scrambles, and it was dramatic when Mayhem had the RNC.

Yeah, that's cool. I just get annoyed with the guys that slam those of us who were bored by it. I don't blame Shields. He executed his game plan. I blame Big John. I counted at least three times when he could have stood them up.

Thank GOD for this post! I wanted to make a similar thread, but my sign up date seems to discredit everything I say here.

Kneeblock -  Jake wasn't the one making it boring imo.  Mayhem's bad defense and inability to launch offense accounted for the slow parts.

I was upset with Mayhem at times, but the dude defended extremely well! How many times did Jake have his back without getting the sub or doing any real damage...Not to mention Jason's reversals.

I have absolutely no problem with someone saying that they were bored by the fight. I wasn't, but I understand that some people don't find the same things that I find entertaining. But I completely disagree with people saying that Jake LnP'd. That was not LnP. He kept working, he was transitioning, looking to improve his position, going for set ups, etc. Mayhem was defending well (which is pretty much what he's known for, being hard to kill). 

I didn't see Shields laying in Mayhem's guard like a freetard, I didn't see him staying in one position the whole fight. I've never had a "blanket" pass my guard practically at will, repeatedly mount me, gain side mount, take my back, work twister side control, threaten the legs @ 50/50, etc.

Thinking the fight was boring does not make you uneducated, but not knowing what you're looking at does, and some people clearly don't.

he never postured up to GnP, he never looked to set up any sub that might risk his position.

i wouldn't exactly call it LnP but i wouldn't blame anyone for calling it that

Well said

Jason UT - People that say "You don't understand the sport if you thought the fight was boring" are usually fucking retards.

I understand this sport very well. I have watched every single UFC, Pride, and most Strikeforce, WEC, etc. I have trained with former UFC fighters, I have trianed BJJ, Muay Thai, boxing, and wrestling.

I appreciate the skill of all fighters, but some fights are just fucking boring, and Shields v. Mayhem was one of them. I understood the game plan, I appreciated the execution, but I was not entertained.

+1

Just curious if all those complaining about this fight also hated Jacare/Mayhem and thought Jacare was laying and praying.

I thought it was an exciting fight. End of almost every round Mayhem reversed and positionally the fight was back and forth. Round 2 and 4 were all shields on top, but the rest of the fight was exciting to me.

wasn't the worst fight i've ever seen. i personally think gray maynard could out bore any of shields fights with his wrestling and lay and pray.

Jason UT - People that say "You don't understand the sport if you thought the fight was boring" are usually fucking retards.

Ok, maybe you understand it fine.

You just don't love it as much as other people do.

Jason "mattress" Miller IMO.

I agree, it's the same retards that spout ''only a true fan appreciates x fighters style''

I love grappling, I am a Mayhem fan, and I still found the fight disappointing. Not boring exactly, just annoying that no one could really seem to get anything.

Not a knock on either fighter, just not one of my favorite fights.

You don't understand.