People that say "You don't understand.."

I found it fine, not thrilling but not boring.

Shields mma grappling has gotten nuts.

It had it's moments but wasn't exactly a barn-burner.

i'll say it was a technical grappling match ;)

TheClips - 
Jason UT - People that say "You don't understand the sport if you thought the fight was boring" are usually fucking retards.

I understand this sport very well. I have watched every single UFC, Pride, and most Strikeforce, WEC, etc. I have trained with former UFC fighters, I have trianed BJJ, Muay Thai, boxing, and wrestling.

I appreciate the skill of all fighters, but some fights are just fucking boring, and Shields v. Mayhem was one of them. I understood the game plan, I appreciated the execution, but I was not entertained.

Ok, maybe you understand it fine.

You just don't love it as much as other people do.

That is probably true. This fight was much more action packed than Penn v. Pulver 1, but for some reason I was much more entertained by that fight. I guess my love for the sport has waned a little over the years.

I loved freestyle wrestling. I wrestled in high school, watch NCAA and olympic wrestling whenever it's on. But when I watch mma, I watch to see a fight. What I saw from Shields last night was anything but.

There's a reason they didn't interview Shields and it wasn't due to time constraints. It's because nobody likes to see what he did last night.

Jason UT - People that say "You don't understand the sport if you thought the fight was boring" are usually fucking retards.

I understand this sport very well. I have watched every single UFC, Pride, and most Strikeforce, WEC, etc. I have trained with former UFC fighters, I have trianed BJJ, Muay Thai, boxing, and wrestling.

I appreciate the skill of all fighters, but some fights are just fucking boring, and Shields v. Mayhem was one of them. I understood the game plan, I appreciated the execution, but I was not entertained.

uhh shields was boring...the reversals and position changes were not bad at all...shields hanging on to Mayhem's hips for half a fucking round almost put me to sleep.