people who high beam on freeways...

At least 2x in past week I'm driving down interstate 5 and suddenly in my rearview I get a frickin laser beam in the eye. I look over trying to blink the burns in my retina away. I see some asshole with the high beams on. I have the urge to brake check the motherfuckers. Instead I just change a few lanes over.

Is there any reason why some folks need the high beam on in an urban area on a big freeway?

They should be friggin shot.

Same with the assholes who forget to turn on their lights while driving at night. How can you be so oblivious that u don't notice that everything is dark .

the people i can't stand are the ones who don't turn on their headlights during an overcast rainy day

i live in a rural area and sometimes cars are really hard to see as they blend in coming up the local roads....not good for the local kids who are waiting for the bus etc

buvaiser - At least 2x in past week I'm driving down interstate 5 and suddenly in my rearview I get a frickin laser beam in the eye. I look over trying to blink the burns in my retina away. I see some asshole with the high beams on. I have the urge to brake check the motherfuckers. Instead I just change a few lanes over.

Is there any reason why some folks need the high beam on in an urban area on a big freeway?

They should be friggin shot.

Same with the assholes who forget to turn on their lights while driving at night. How can you be so oblivious that u don't notice that everything is dark .
They do that because you are driving in the passing lane like an asshole instead of passing the car a lane over and turning into their lane once you have passed. Only in canada and the US do people just putt along like douchebags in the passing lane. Go to europe or the mideast and people know the unsaid rules of the road. Phone Post 3.0

A high beam in your rearview means you're going too slow for the lane you're in. If you are driving in the left lane and the guy behind you wants to overtake, he flips the high beams as a "move over so I can pass" gesture.

If you're not in the Left lane the high beam culprit is an ass that should be in jail.

i'm guilty of throwing those high beams on but only if like the other posters said if you're in the passing lane cruising well below the speed limit. if the limit is 70 and you're putting along at 50 move the fuck over asshole.

androb - A high beam in your rearview means you're going too slow for the lane you're in. If you are driving in the left lane and the guy behind you wants to overtake, he flips the high beams as a "move over so I can pass" gesture.

If you're not in the Left lane the high beam culprit is an ass that should be in jail.

OP isn't talking about being flashed or lit up in the passing lane. He's talking about douchebags that randomly drive on the freeways with their brights on. If it's the 5, I'm assuming SoCal, where I never understood why people did that shit either.

You're driving along at night, little traffic, four-lane freeeway, and a 1/4 mile behind you some fucking idiot has their brights on. WTF?

maybe they didn't realize they were on, plus, if you were able to move a few lanes away, it sounds like you were in the wrong lane anyway.

If I was American and someone high beamed me on the freeway I would pull out my gun and start shooting. Phone Post 3.0

i've had people do that after i flashed them high beams for going slow. its amazes me to find out some of you are dumb enough not to realize I can just adjust my rearview mirror.

MmmozzY - If I was American and someone high beamed me on the freeway I would pull out my gun and start shooting. Phone Post 3.0
Phone Post 3.0

As a passenger, I once used the visor mirror to reflect the high beams back to the car behind us. The driver turned them off. :)

x

I'm on the 2nd lane in one case with the high beam ass hole merging in from on ramp onto right most lane (I think ). whatever the case this asswipe came into my lane behind me. For those that don't know there's like 5 or mor lanes on Interstate 5 in orange county. There are 3 more lanes to the Left that this person has to pass. I'm going 65 and no attempt is made pass me. After a minute I speed up and go into faster lane. I look back for next minute and asshole still has high beams on.

Oyher time was yesterday and dude had high beams on while we were in traffic in 4th of 5 lanes.

The no light guy seems to show up every other day on the 5. The high beam guy is about once a week or 2.

For whatever reason these guys are all living in southern ca.

SirPrize - As a passenger, I once used the visor mirror to reflect the high beams back to the car behind us. The driver turned them off. :)

That's good. I've thought about getting behind them and then high beaming them but what a waste of time that'd be.

http://cdn2.funnycorner.net/funny-pictures/5556/High-Beams.jpg

This used to be a big problem when I had a small car. I dont even think half of them had their high beams on. The light was just perfectly shining through my rear window. I have a truck now with tinted windows and havent once had this problem.

I do stay a ways back from smaller cars now just becasue I get the feeling they think my high beams are on. So not to piss anyone off I will lag back a bit.

The only problem is my truck is a gas guzzler...but I do feel safer in my truck. Not so much in my previous little car.

pennviachoke - I hate asshole drivers that wanna pace you when you go to pass them in the left lane(u.s.)...they haul ass until they realize they can't handle going 78 mph & slow down-only to do this to the next car that passes them also. Phone Post
I support the death penalty for people that accelerate when you try to pass... Biggest bitch move out there Phone Post 3.0

Yeah but then I want to be able to use the mirror to see what's going on behind me.

Crashdt - 

In most states if its raining and you don't have your lights on, its a ticket.

If you are in the left lane on the highway and driving under the speed limit or at the limit, expect high beams. If you are in the right lane and getting the beams, the dudes a dick. When I drive at night I flip my mirror automatically just in case. Some people believe they are the only people on the road and therefore give no fucks about anyone else. Those are the ones that need slaps. Phone Post

in Pa the rule is if your wipers have to be on then your headlights have to be on

never ever seen anyone pulled over for it however and tons of people don't have them on

astounding imo