People who love to "challenge themselves"

Are full of shit. Can't stand fuckers like that.

Some prick talking about how much he loves to "challenge" himself.

They are full of shit because subconsciously they pick "challenges" they know they can do. Or pick a challenge they enjoy, like beating a video game.

Nobody loves true challenges! A true challenge is not pleasant, in fact it's a bad thing.

People who "like challenges" are pretentious douchebags.

Elvis Sinosic used to say that he was looking to challenge himself every time he fought in the UFC.

MMA Playwright - Elvis Sinosic used to say that he was looking to challenge himself every time he fought in the UFC.

long live the King

Hell yeah.  People who force themselves out of their comfort zone and try to improve themselves are major fags

TheMMAn -

Hell yeah.  People who force themselves out of their comfort zone and try to improve themselves are major fags

It's bullshit. They only force themselves out of their comfort zones with things they subconsciously know they can accomplish.

How about go to Chernobyl and hang out near that plant for two weeks and then challenge yourself to survive it.

ProteinOverdrive -
TheMMAn -

It's bullshit. They only force themselves out of their comfort zones with things they subconsciously know they can accomplish.

How about go to Chernobyl and hang out near that plant for two weeks and then challenge yourself to survive it.

So the only real way a person can challenge themselves is to risk death?

Sounds legit

TheMMAn -
ProteinOverdrive -
TheMMAn -

Sounds legit

No. I'm saying, people don't really want a real challenge. They only take on challenges that they like and enjoy.

ProteinOverdrive -
TheMMAn -

Just my opinion but I think you are blowing it way out of proportion with the Chernobyl comment. Most successful poeple I have met always talk about the challenges of a promotion, or pushing themselved in a competition.

The stresses that come with doing something new, possibly failing but learning it and or winning that competition gives you a confidence boost. You see it in combat sports, like in grappling competitions. It sucks being on the bottom while you are getting mauled in front of poeple while the clock is going, fucks with your nerves. But fighting through the nerves, back on top and winning the match gives you a great sence of confidence. One of the best feelings in the world in my opinion.

some people love that riding the edge feeling... I think only self destructive people take unnecessary risks aka like can fighters... they deep down know they are gonna lose, and that guarantee in a sense makes it no risk at all.... The people who chase the big deal/go on the vision quest are the real pace makers... fortune favor the bold...

ninjaboy562 -
ProteinOverdrive -
TheMMAn -

Just my opinion but I think you are blowing it way out of proportion with the Chernobyl comment. Most successful poeple I have met always talk about the challenges of a promotion, or pushing themselved in a competition.

The stresses that come with doing something new, possibly failing but learning it and or winning that competition gives you a confidence boost. You see it in combat sports, like in grappling competitions. It sucks being on the bottom while you are getting mauled in front of poeple while the clock is going, fucks with your nerves. But fighting through the nerves, back on top and winning the match gives you a great sence of confidence. One of the best feelings in the world in my opinion.

Why don't you have confidence in the first place?

Depends what you mean. For most people, failure is hugely important on the road to success. Living in the safe zone ensures mediocrity.

ProteinOverdrive - 
ninjaboy562 -
ProteinOverdrive -
TheMMAn -

Why don't you have confidence in the first place?

Leaning towards the fact you are now trolling but i'll bite. Have you ever competed? Its not about not having confidence but gaining more as you fight through the nerves.

Its life's lessons, it comes with taking on challenges as we explained but it depends on the person, some wont venture out of their world.

ProteinOverdrive -
TheMMAn -
ProteinOverdrive -
TheMMAn -

Sounds legit

No. I'm saying, people don't really want a real challenge. They only take on challenges that they like and enjoy.

Sounds like the best type of challenge surely? Why are the two mutually exclusive in you eyes?

arc123 -
ProteinOverdrive -
TheMMAn -
ProteinOverdrive -
TheMMAn -

Sounds legit

Sounds like the best type of challenge surely? Why are the two mutually exclusive in you eyes?

Because by definition itself a challenge should not be something you enjoy.

ProteinOverdrive -
arc123 -
ProteinOverdrive -
TheMMAn -
ProteinOverdrive -
TheMMAn -

Sounds legit

Because by definition itself a challenge should not be something you enjoy.

You don't understand the concept of a good challenge. It should be achievable, but only through dedicated effort. That builds you up and makes you grow as a person. If the challenge is overbearing, it just breaks you down. That's how people get burnt out.

I felt challenged to make it past a few posts by OP in this thread.

I failed.  :(

As already mentioned, David Goggins is a hood example which goes against what you are saying. He has failed at some of his challenges and by his own admission hates doing them.

There people that do things and there are people who everyone to see the things they do.

I think you’re referring to the latter.

And David Goggins is one who wants to be seen as one who does.

"I don't know what the word "challenge" means - OP

ProteinOverdrive -

Are full of shit. Can't stand fuckers like that.

Some prick talking about how much he loves to "challenge" himself.

They are full of shit because subconsciously they pick "challenges" they know they can do. Or pick a challenge they enjoy, like beating a video game.

Nobody loves true challenges! A true challenge is not pleasant, in fact it's a bad thing.

People who "like challenges" are pretentious douchebags.

Not everyone is a coward like you.