People with Extreme Insecurity Issues....

I posted this in another forum, on a different topic. Have any of you met others who display hideous insecurities in public?

1) I saw this a few years ago with this guy who lifted weights at a wedding I attended, the guy actually wore a tight undershirt under his suit jacket, that's it. And then after dinner he actually took off the jacket AND undershirt and walked around so he could display his identity. It was cringeworthy and no one knew how to respond. It was a fairly high falutin' affair too. The father wanted him removed the moment he knew he was only wearing an undershirt. Guy was just so insecure in anything but his bodybuilding identity.

2) I also saw this at another wedding. Guy was 45 years old, single and a mechanic in a smaaaall town. Never had been anywhere. Showed up to his brother's (who was a lawyer) wedding in completely grease stained mechanics overalls/one piece (wtf?) and torn, stained grease-running shoes. Again, everyone ignored him as they did know what to do. I think he realized it after and became very self conscious, no one had the heart to pull him aside and tell him to go home and change. He left early because he realized he looked like an ass.

3) I also knew this Karate girl/instructor who would go grocery shopping, in here Karate outfit and brown belt. She would "conviently" go shopping on lunch break about 10 miles away complete in her sweaty gi and smile and say hi to everyone like she was some celebrity.I wrote it off as, "okay perhaps she doesn't want to get changed, fair enough, she'a bit lazy" or something. Then I saw her AGAIN. Then I saw her a 3rd time with a t-shirt, jeans and WEARING her brown belt??? I dropped by the Karate place a few days later to train and joking mentioned it to the owner, and he rolled his eyes and looked embarassed as someone else had mentioned it. Turns out, on 2 of those days the school was closed and she hadn't been instructing!

4) In the 1990s, I knew this somewhat sketchy guy that went to school at college with our friends. One night we were going out to a bar, and he asked to stop at home for second, he goes in and comes out, and he has put a Gracie JJ shirt on (despite only training informally!) We then noticed that he was at the bar mean mugging guys!

5) In the 1990s, I knew this tough guy but hideously insecure, that showed up to schoool after being missing, with a black eye and bruises. He looked around in hushed whispers how he had really been flown out to Cali (depsite living 1500 miles away) for secret underground NHB fights. Turns out that he got his ass kicked at a local bar. But he was a real tough guy though. He also told people he was an instructor in GJJ and had fought Gracie challenge matches that he had asked not to ber recorded for legal reasons. There were so many more lies, I cannot remember now.

3 Likes

Oh great I bet this is all about me isn't it?

4 Likes

Hot Steppa is legit a top 3 poster. If I knew how to find your posts I would be entertained. My favorite post of yours was the one to tfk_Little boots about her credit card bill. OP you are interesting and have some real gems on here.

I wear tight shorts all the time and call people out loudly for meat gazing.

Slydawg - 

Hot Steppa is legit a top 3 poster. If I knew how to find your posts I would be entertained. My favorite post of yours was the one to tfk_Little boots about her credit card bill. OP you are interesting and have some real gems on here.

Thanks, Sly! I try to keep it interesting. I guess now being older I've had the years to pile on some interesting experiences, as well as having the usual life problems, but interesting perspectives. Sometime I do troll a bit with over-the-top antics/judgments/perspectives, but it is all in fun. What's changed here is that I am a fairly politically-progressive person in most regards, but the participants in the forum make for some interesting arguments as they generally are not so much. lol

Knew a lot of guys like #1. Mostly guidos. Italian kids who got fat eating nonna's cooking all day as a kid. They get jacked up in late high school and everything from there revolves around being huge. Constantly doing pushups to get a pump and impress ugly guido women.

1 Like

2 i'm not sure is insecure just thought his presence at his brother wedding would be enough
likely has no really nice clothes to dress up and felt the money was a waste for one time?

2 Likes

HotSteppa - I posted this in another forum, on a different topic. Have any of you met others who display hideous insecurities in public?

1) I saw this a few years ago with this guy who lifted weights at a wedding I attended, the guy actually wore a tight undershirt under his suit jacket, that's it. And then after dinner he actually took off the jacket AND undershirt and walked around so he could display his identity. It was cringeworthy and no one knew how to respond. It was a fairly high falutin' affair too. The father wanted him removed the moment he knew he was only wearing an undershirt. Guy was just so insecure in anything but his bodybuilding identity.

2) I also saw this at another wedding. Guy was 45 years old, single and a mechanic in a smaaaall town. Never had been anywhere. Showed up to his brother's (who was a lawyer) wedding in completely grease stained mechanics overalls/one piece (wtf?) and torn, stained grease-running shoes. Again, everyone ignored him as they did know what to do. I think he realized it after and became very self conscious, no one had the heart to pull him aside and tell him to go home and change. He left early because he realized he looked like an ass.

3) I also knew this Karate girl/instructor who would go grocery shopping, in here Karate outfit and brown belt. She would "conviently" go shopping on lunch break about 10 miles away complete in her sweaty gi and smile and say hi to everyone like she was some celebrity.I wrote it off as, "okay perhaps she doesn't want to get changed, fair enough, she'a bit lazy" or something. Then I saw her AGAIN. Then I saw her a 3rd time with a t-shirt, jeans and WEARING her brown belt??? I dropped by the Karate place a few days later to train and joking mentioned it to the owner, and he rolled his eyes and looked embarassed as someone else had mentioned it. Turns out, on 2 of those days the school was closed and she hadn't been instructing!

4) In the 1990s, I knew this somewhat sketchy guy that went to school at college with our friends. One night we were going out to a bar, and he asked to stop at home for second, he goes in and comes out, and he has put a Gracie JJ shirt on (despite only training informally!) We then noticed that he was at the bar mean mugging guys!

5) In the 1990s, I knew this tough guy but hideously insecure, that showed up to schoool after being missing, with a black eye and bruises. He looked around in hushed whispers how he had really been flown out to Cali (depsite living 1500 miles away) for secret underground NHB fights. Turns out that he got his ass kicked at a local bar. But he was a real tough guy though. He also told people he was an instructor in GJJ and had fought Gracie challenge matches that he had asked not to ber recorded for legal reasons. There were so many more lies, I cannot remember now.

some funny stories but i dont know how #2 is insecure?

He was embarrassed and under-dressed maybe.. but insecure?

lol there are way more #5 out there than there should be.. was his name David Lang by chance?

1 Like

I know a guy whose thing was being "smart".

So he is at a bar with one of our friends who had no problems with chatting up women... soon enough they are talking to two girls who worked office jobs for a Satellite TV Company (Sky or DirectTV).

In the middle of the conversation he pulls a "are your satellites geostationery?"

Obviously they had no clue what he was talking about, looked at him like he was a weirdo and proceed to refer to him as "Geo" for the short rest of the evening.

I once saw an entire thread dedicated to gossiping about what other people are doing regarding attire.

It seemed a bit insecure.

CavemanDave -

I once saw an entire thread dedicated to gossiping about what other people are doing regarding attire.

It seemed a bit insecure.

Always one of these jackasses has to show up in these threads 

1 Like

YES

Ive known some wackos through martial arts.

A guy who couldnt accept anyone receiving any compliments from anyone else without bringing himself into the conversation.

If a student was said to "have a really good guard" this idiot would within 3 seconds say "yeah I think part of the reason that Ive passed every guard in competition and been undefeated this year is because I am used to going gainst them in >

If someone says that a student is "so strong" this idiot will immediately say "I used to power lift and was significantly stronger than they are. But now Im focusing on cardio and overall health more."

ust on and on.

The worst however though.......

Are MUAY THAI POSERS!

These are guys who hit the F'ing jackpot when they realize you can join a MT gym and do all the padword and just never show up for sparring!

First dude was a young hispanic guy who after 3-4 months of training twice a week showed up with "M U A Y T H A I" tattooed right across his knuckles. Basically guaranteeing he'd never hold a mainstream job. He wound up training for a year and then dropping out.

Second clown joined at 40 and was 6'6 340lbs. Did the best he could as a low athletic potential guy. Everyone encouraged him. Then he got it in his head that he wanted to get the status of a "fighter" but knew he couldnt fight(didnt even do the sparring offered).

So his grand plan was to talk shit online that he was "getting ready to book a fight" and then just keep coming up with excuses of why the fight was delayed or canceled. This went on for over a year.

He joined multiple forums and groups for professional Muay Thai fighters. Would list our school as where he fights out of despite being told multiple times that he in fact is not fighting out of our school.

To this day he still posts pictures and talks shit even though he hasnt trained in over 5 years. He just photoshops old pics to make them look different enough to appear new.

Its sad. I think its like a lower-scale version of "stolen valor" where pathetic people idolize the accomplishments of others and prefer fantasy to a mediocre reality.

2 Likes

Russ - #2 i'm not sure is insecure just thought his presence at his brother wedding would be enough
likely has no really nice clothes to dress up and felt the money was a waste for one time?

This, I don't see oil stained guy as highly insecure at all. In fact, he seems to have a "who gives a fuck?" Attitude thus he's going to dress however he wants.. I know people like him and they aren't insecure

It's either that or he's autistic and doesn't understand "social norms"

yeah but its one thing to pull that attitude at a fancy dinner or something where you can push the place's policy.

showing up to one time events like weddings or funerals in paint stained work clothes is just bad form.

If you want to see the insecure homos come out, just make a post about liking 

Must-Have Clothes For an All-American Summer
 :-)

Akkadian88 -
HELWIG -

YES

A guy who couldnt accept anyone receiving any compliments from anyone else without bringing himself into the conversation.

If a student was said to "have a really good guard" this idiot would within 3 seconds say "yeah I think part of the reason that Ive passed every guard in competition and been undefeated this year is because I am used to going gainst them in >

If someone says that a student is "so strong" this idiot will immediately say "I used to power lift and was significantly stronger than they are. But now Im focusing on cardio and overall health more."

ust on and on.

Are MUAY THAI POSERS!

These are guys who hit the F'ing jackpot when they realize you can join a MT gym and do all the padword and just never show up for sparring!

First dude was a young hispanic guy who after 3-4 months of training twice a week showed up with "M U A Y T H A I" tattooed right across his knuckles. Basically guaranteeing he'd never hold a mainstream job. He wound up training for a year and then dropping out.

Second clown joined at 40 and was 6'6 340lbs. Did the best he could as a low athletic potential guy. Everyone encouraged him. Then he got it in his head that he wanted to get the status of a "fighter" but knew he couldnt fight(didnt even do the sparring offered).

So his grand plan was to talk shit online that he was "getting ready to book a fight" and then just keep coming up with excuses of why the fight was delayed or canceled. This went on for over a year.

He joined multiple forums and groups for professional Muay Thai fighters. Would list our school as where he fights out of despite being told multiple times that he in fact is not fighting out of our school.

To this day he still posts pictures and talks shit even though he hasnt trained in over 5 years. He just photoshops old pics to make them look different enough to appear new.

Its sad. I think its like a lower-scale version of "stolen valor" where pathetic people idolize the accomplishments of others and prefer fantasy to a mediocre reality.

This Puerto Rican guy used to come in my gym and told people he had 7, then 9, then 14 boxing fights in Puerto Rico but got this terrified look on his face every time we were about to spar and would just go hit the bag. I think there's probably one of those in every gym. 

Martial arts gyms really allow the weirdness in people to shine for some reason. 

1 Like

Tim Sylvia wearing the belt at UFC fights, I always thought was odd and a sign of insecurity.

ons ear -
Russ - #2 i'm not sure is insecure just thought his presence at his brother wedding would be enough

This, I don't see oil stained guy as highly insecure at all. In fact, he seems to have a "who gives a fuck?" Attitude thus he's going to dress however he wants.. I know people like him and they aren't insecure

It's either that or he's autistic and doesn't understand "social norms"

Naw, he was a highly insecure guy in general. He felt so uncomfortable outside of his identity as a (very good) mechanic, he went to a wedding in full grease outfit.Imagine sitting at a high end wedding filled with professionals, lawyers, and you have a greased stained outfit from head to toe. He was like a deer in headlights when I think he was realized that he looked ridiculous. But who knows.

This also reminds me another story from the 1990s, I was taking a certificate at a university and we had a session where we gave presentations in front of the group, like one does in college. I mean collar shirt with jeans at most. One of the guys taking the certificate, probably in late 50s then, showed up in his full old military regalia, medals, hat and all, and walked around with authority. We all didn't know how to react. Here are 30 people at some university certificate program in the summertime, and one of our shows up wearing full military outfit as if he is being knighted by the queen. Luckily we were able to call a group of guys who hadn't shown up and asked a couple to throw ties and jackets on so he wouldn't fee so bad as he was a really nice guy. We realized that he was feeling a bit douchey. His wife came to pick him us and covertly told us that he really identified with his military life (former) and felt a bit insecure. We played it up like it was an everyday occurence, but she knew. ;

clattymine -
Akkadian88 -
HELWIG -

YES

ust on and on.

Are MUAY THAI POSERS!

This Puerto Rican guy used to come in my gym and told people he had 7, then 9, then 14 boxing fights in Puerto Rico but got this terrified look on his face every time we were about to spar and would just go hit the bag. I think there's probably one of those in every gym. 

Martial arts gyms really allow the weirdness in people to shine for some reason. 

Martial arts attracts: 1) tough people, 2) highly insecure people 3) unstable people, usually a mix of #2 and #2. 

HELWIG -

YES

ust on and on.

Are MUAY THAI POSERS!

I knew a guy like this! I was attending that were Kenpo and full-contact. Guy came out after a few months and got a Kenpo tattoo, and we saw him doing the Kenpo stance on his front lawn one summer! Anyway, they would promote people without sparring because they wanted to stay in business, etc. he would make a dash for the front door when sparring was going to happen. Never sparred. Got his black belt.then left, and opened up 3 schools, made up his own and at one point was making $250 000/yr. Dude would make up full-contact glory stories to his students, little did they know. I think a few found out later on.