Pereira describes hallway confrontation with Ngannou

Two things:

1. This guy has thin skin or what? He got all upset over Masvidal sending a “praying hands” emoji to his wife/girlfriend. Now he’s angry at Ngannou after disrupting the HW champ’s sleep while partying in a hotel hallway?

2. This article is obviously poorly translated because the wording is kind of jumbled.

Michel Pereira has detailed the hotel confrontation he had with UFC heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou.

It was Michel Pereira (28-11 MMA) vs Santiago Ponzinibbio (29-6 MMA) in the welterweight co-main UFC Vegas 55 event on Saturday May 21, 2022. Pereira came out the victor via split decision, taking his record to 5 wins in a row.

Following the victory, Pereira and associates celebrated at a hotel, where they happened upon Francis Ngannou and ‘Demolidor’ is sharing the incident.

In speaking with Canal Encarada (h/t talkSPORT), Michel Pereira talked about what happened following his win over Ponzinibbio:

“We celebrated my victory at the hotel, had fun. And we are such guys – we move only with music, we constantly light up, even when we cut weight. I always rock, and my guys are the same.”

“Constantly moving noisily, having parties. Guerra was drinking there non-stop, everyone was joking, bantering. And our room was next door to Ngannou. And since the room was small, and there were a lot of people, someone suggested, ‘Let’s sit in the hallway?’ And we sat down in the corridor, and immediately came out to us – who would you think? Ngannou. The guys look at each other like that, ‘Wow, Ngannou is coming.’

Confirming what Ngannou said to the partiers, Michel Pereira said:

“He comes up and says, ‘Hey, do you think it’s real to fall asleep when there’s such a noise? How do I sleep, huh?’ Honestly, at that moment I felt uncomfortable. It was after a hard fight, my nose was broken, my legs were beaten off.”

“If Ngannou started a fight, what would I do to him? The team is already all drunk, they wouldn’t have helped me in any way.”

Continuing, Pereira admitted that Ngannou made him angry saying:

“Honestly, Ngannou made me angry. Why couldn’t he address us politely? He was lucky that I was all beaten up and couldn’t do anything, especially for a guy of this size. I don’t even want to think about it. I know he’s a modest, nice guy, but why couldn’t he tell us politely, ‘Hey, guys, could you …’ I didn’t like the way he spoke to us. You need to be polite to people.”

“If he had addressed us politely, we would have retained respect for him forever. And so – we just fell silent. ‘What the fk?! Do you think you can fall asleep with such noise?’ Bro, we were just drinking … You have to be polite to people. I could have answered him too, ‘Bro, go fk. Who are you anyway?’”

1 Like

“we were being drunk loud assholes in the hall late at night and then Ngannou had to go and be disrespectful”

Buncha douchebags.

29 Likes

Sounds more polite than these immature clowns deserved to me. I was expecting something like “shut the fuck up before I start cracking bitches skulls!”.

But no these idiots are partying in the hallway outside his door and he basically says “hey I’m trying to sleep here” and this fucking potato thinks Ngannou was the rude one?

I wish Ngannou had been on those Chael meds and smashed everything in the fucking hallway.

12 Likes

I’m officially siding with Ngannou here

21 Likes

Sounds like an egotistical douche bag. If it was any other fighter besides Francis I doubt they would have been that nice

14 Likes

“Hes lucky i was all beaten up and couldnt do anything”

You couldnt and wouldnt do anything at any time Michel

8 Likes

God. Probably a sober interview? Imagine Pereira’s brain on drink. About Ngannou: “he was lucky that I was all beaten up and couldn’t do anything”. Essentially “had it been Joe from IBM, I’d added an assault charge to my current DUI charge.”

5 Likes

He’s just trying to distract from the fact that his WOIF SLID INTO JORGES DMs

3 Likes

Pereira idiot go outside and drink

3 Likes

I’m a huge Pereira fan, partly for reasons just like this….I don’t think he’s a malicious person as much as he is an off-the-wall goof. It’s similar to the way he fights, as well, save for his last two performances when he started getting more serious about trying to win.

I like how he had to say that Ngannou was lucky he was so beat up after his fight earlier in the night.

2 Likes

Because you woke him up you inconsiderate cunt.

8 Likes

The guy just won his fight let him party. What’s ngannou even doing at the ufc? Thought he was leaving

3 Likes

The hallway of a hotel that people are trying to sleep in is not an ideal venue. It’s not like there weren’t bars or clubs still open for them to party in.

12 Likes

He and his friends sound like idiots who almost got whipped by the baddest man walking…wish he had I’ve always thought this guy had a screw loose

7 Likes

$20-$30 a drink maybe more if it’s a major city. I’ll be in the hotel hallway club too

1 Like

You can drink on the streets there. Take it outside you damn chimpanzees!

7 Likes

If he is a self-centered, disrespectful jackass, his motivation is irrelevant. He may have a “heart of gold”, but if his actions are those of an asshole, he’s an asshole.

6 Likes

Well enjoy partying silently so Ngannou doesn’t beat your ass then.

4 Likes

Wait what? Chael was there too???

You gotta be a real ignoramus to think your hotel room is a place to party. Or the hallway

6 Likes