Perry sends troops to Texas border.

Monday, Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) announced he is deploying 1,000 Texas National Guard to the U.S. border with Mexico, saying he can not idly sit by while "our citizens are under siege."

Pointing out the tens of thousands pf unaccompanied minors only make up roughly 20 percent of those being apprehended illegally crossing the border, Perry said he can no longer wait for the president to act as gang members and drug cartels flood into Texas, causing crime to skyrocket. Perry pointed out Texas tax payers can not bear the expense of processing and housing the surge of illegal immigration caused by President Obama's 2012 executive action "Dream Act" which has given people in Central America the idea children will be allowed to stay once in the U.S.

Perry has repeatedly called on President Obama to visit the border, calling his refusal Obama’s “Katrina,” moment. Phone Post 3.0

About time someone does something Phone Post 3.0

I see some gun toting redneck being stopped by the border patrol with a suburban full of little mehicans on its way back to mehico and a full on fire fight starting. The only thing from Texas is steers and immigrants. Phone Post 3.0

About time somebody stepped up to the plate!

It needs to be the federal government, not the state though Phone Post 3.0

baj54 - I see some gun toting redneck being stopped by the border patrol with a suburban full of little mehicans on its way back to mehico and a full on fire fight starting. The only thing from Texas is steers and immigrants. Phone Post 3.0
You no nothing of Texas. Phone Post 3.0

lol Phone Post 3.0

Perry's a complete moron but I support this move.

Tough situation. I would do the same in the position of the refugees but as the leader of a nation, you can't let these things happen.

I thought about applying for the border patrol, but i'd end up having 30 fat-assed latinas living in my basement and owe more child support than Terrell Owens and Antonio Cromartie combined..

Damn son, sgit just got real Phone Post 3.0

StrikingMMA - I wonder what the mandate is that these troops will operate under. Turn people away and not let them in? Arrest people?

This feels a little like a political stunt. The illegals have been coming in for a while now. Why wait till now to deploy troops?

because its almost voting season. gotta keep up with appearances and make it look like you are doing something.

StrikingMMA - I wonder what the mandate is that these troops will operate under. Turn people away and not let them in? Arrest people?

This feels a little like a political stunt. The illegals have been coming in for a while now. Why wait till now to deploy troops?
I suspect that the sharp increase in immigrants and soaring crime rates in southern texas played a role. But mostly perry likes to blow whatever way the wind blows and right now people are irritated about this. Phone Post 3.0

It's about time. Phone Post

Hours before Texas Gov. Rick Perry announced he would send National Guard troops to the border, Texas state Senator Dan Patrick said there are at least 100,000 illegal immigrant gang members in the state.
On Monday's The Laura Ingraham Show, Patrick, who is also the Republican candidate for lieutenant governor, said from 2008 to 2012, 143,000 illegal immigrant criminals were arrested and jailed in Texas. He said these were "hardened criminals, gang members, and other criminals that we identified as being in Texas illegally."

"We charged them with 447,000 crimes, a half-million crimes in four years, just in Texas, including over 5,000 rapes and 2,000 murders," Patrick said. "We estimate we have 100,000 gang members here illegally." Phone Post 3.0

So, i spend about half my time down in Mcallen tx, 7 miles from the border...its business as usual down there to my eye. feels like more news sensationalism. Phone Post 3.0

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

Drugs_Delaney -
StrikingMMA - I wonder what the mandate is that these troops will operate under. Turn people away and not let them in? Arrest people?

because its almost voting season. gotta keep up with appearances and make it look like you are doing something.
Perry isn't running for governor again. He already announced that a while back. Phone Post 3.0

Wyatt Derp -
Drugs_Delaney -

Perry isn't running for governor again. He already announced that a while back. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah he's just trying to set up another failed bid for the GOP presidential nomination. Phone Post 3.0

ttt Phone Post 3.0

HereWeAre - 
Wyatt Derp -
Drugs_Delaney -

Yeah he's just trying to set up another failed bid for the GOP presidential nomination. Phone Post 3.0

I hope this time around he is going to remember all the federal agencies he is planning to eliminate.

ttt Phone Post 3.0