Person in front paid for my coffee

Was in the drive thru at Starbucks yesterday and it was taking real long. When it was finally my turn, I handed the Starbuckster my money and she said, "No need. The person in front of you paid for your coffee." I was surprised of course, and she looked like she was going to say something else but before she could talk I said, "Oh. Cool. Thanks, bye." and drove off.

I think she was going to ask me if I'd like to pay for the chump behind me. Glad I took off.

Free coffee, bitches.

4 Likes

Fuck them! 

I just tell them to take my money and put it in the charity jar or tip jar. I am not playing this circle jerk game. 

I've had this happen before. My coffee was like 3 bucks. Then the girl at the window asks if I'd like to pay it forward to car behind me. 

Of course I'm like sure, how much is their order? "Well it's$17"

I was like yeah nevermind. I'll pay you the 3 bucks my coffee cost and you can take it off their order. 

Fucking tricksters.

OP,  please tell me you sped off recklessly?  This story is much better if it happened like I'm imagining.  

Did you burn rubber on your way out? Pedestrians have to dive out of your way as you haul ass out of that joint?

2 Likes
HighInsideLegKick - 

OP,  please tell me you sped off recklessly?  This story is much better if it happened like I'm imagining.  

Did you burn rubber on your way out? Pedestrians have to dive out of your way as you haul ass out of that joint?

No, but I like how she took a breath in preperation to talk, and my instincts told me: HURRY AND THANK HER AND DRIVE OFF OR SHE'S GONNA ASK YOU FOR MONEY

I always hate that feel good circle jerk. It's nice but it's also fucking stupid. 

I got caught in one once and I think it was pretty even as far as what was paid for and what I paid. 

1 Like

Why don't these people donate that money to charity for people in need instead? Paying it forward is ridiculous and only serves as a cheap way to pat oneself on the back. Most of the time it just creates confusion

1 Like
beatbum -
HighInsideLegKick - 

No, but I like how she took a breath in preperation to talk, and my instincts told me: HURRY AND THANK HER AND DRIVE OFF OR SHE'S GONNA ASK YOU FOR MONEY

Good instincts.  I believe I am a fan of you BB.  Hilarious story lmao. 

The wife and her BFF at work play that game as well. They'll each pay for the other's lunch. The only problem is my wife's lunch usually costs around $7 and her friend's lunch is around $15-$20 because she doesn't know how to stop eating.

I told her she needs to stop that BS because she's (we're) getting screwed.

Same thing happened to me at the Starbucks drive thru, I didn't even think about the pay it forward thing until I was well on my way with my free drinks, pay it forward should be a one and done policy either way 

yeah, no one is receiving a favor if they participate in this faggotry. You get a free coffee but then pay anyway for the asshole behind you so it's just a cute little game. I'm the only one that did it right. By not "paying it forward" I validated the person who paid for my coffee and her favor now actually has value. 

It's like when a friend wants to do you a favor and buy your beer and you, mister one upper, won't have it and you insist on buying his next one so here we go again with the faggotry.

1 Like
HighInsideLegKick -

Sounds like some dumb millennial bullshit . Just pay for your shit so I can pay for my shit and get on with the fucking day ! 

1 Like

I put a new twist on it, I tell the cashier that the person behind me offered to pay for my order.

1 Like
beatbum - 

Was in the drive thru at Starbucks yesterday and it was taking real long. When it was finally my turn, I handed the Starbuckster my money and she said, "No need. The person in front of you paid for your coffee." I was surprised of course, and she looked like she was going to say something else but before she could talk I said, "Oh. Cool. Thanks, bye." and drove off.

I think she was going to ask me if I'd like to pay for the chump behind me. Glad I took off.

Free coffee, bitches.

OP name checks out

CuddleBug - I put a new twist on it, I tell the cashier that the person behind me offered to pay for my order.

I was pulling into a Starbucks by myself. A car full of people sort of sped in front of me, cutting me into the drive thru. 

I spent the next several minutes just staring at the car with hatred. In that moment, I wanted to murder them.

But when I finally pulled up, the lady told me the car in front of me paid for my drink. I felt like such an asshole, and realized I shouldn't be so quick to judge people.

When the cashier asked if I'd like to pay it forward, I said no, and explained that the car in front paid for me because they cut me off. And I told her that I didn't cut off the car behind me, so why would I pay for their drink? 

Hocky -
HighInsideLegKick -

Lmao. Hocky gets it! Like I always say, hocky is the best dude ever and everyone else sucks in comparison!

Only thing more annoying are the jackasses at 4 way stops that are "polite " and wave you through even though they got their first, which then causes more issues because now the natural order of the 4 way stop is broken down.  

Only the OG would have someone do something nice for them then do nothing but bitch about it.

Good grief, some of you are miserable cunts.