Pete Sell: Georges St. Pierre is a "mental midget"

If there's ever been a hole in GSP's game, it's been his mind. He admitted being intimidated by Hughes when he lost to him and you could argue that his loss to Serra had a lot to do with mental weakness. For as talented and impressive as he is, I don't believe he fights every fight like he truly believes he is going to win and that his life depends on it. And even at that, he's an incredible fighter. But I don't think Michael Rappaport's comments were completely incorrect.

HendOver - 

If Sell would think about it he would realize that GSP's statements aren't mutually exclusive. GSP gave Serra credit but he also acknowledged he wasn't prepared properly for the fight. Maybe if Sell understood that he could have a better record than 7-4 himself.

HendOver is correct. GSP has always said that Serra was the better man that night. 5 weeks and countless interviews after the first fight, GSP finally gave reasons why he thought he wasn't at his best and lost. If Serra/Sell want GSP to say that he got beat when he was at his very best, it's not happenning, because it's not true.

Besides, Serra even said in the UFC 69 prefight interviews that "he prayed" that GSP took him lightly. Well, he got his wish. Quit trash talking and trying to tell GSP that he's mentally weak. We saw how well that worked out for Hughes when he tried that before his 2nd fight with GSP.

so, George wouldn't get in a fist fight in a bar, but Serra would, so he's cooler?
Wow Pete Sell, you're a genius.

he's right, but this is nothing new. everybody knows this.

I'm not sure Sell should be calling anyone else a mental midget.

Sell shouldn't talk about intelligence after hurting Smith bad, he runs in with his hands at his waist and gets pwn3d!

Of course Sell would say this, he's trying to get into GSP's head because he knows, as well as his mentor knows, that if GSP comes in fully focused and confident, he will most likely kick ass. So they're afraid of that and will do whatever they can to avoid the inevitable.

Extendo - Pete "Mensa" Sell

LOL

"If there's ever been a hole in GSP's game, it's been his mind."

Bullshit. Unlike 99% of fighters and other professional athletes, GSP doesn't mind self-analyzing himself publically.

He's not afraid to explain his thoughts when others just give positive cliched responses to the media.

" In the fightticker.com interview, Sell (7-4 MMA, 1-4 UFC) also confirmed that he's making a move down to welterweight. Sell competed as a middleweight on a "comeback" season of "The Ultimate Fighter 4" and has dropped three straight fights at the weight class since then."

Isn't he one of the bigger 185 lber's? I always thought he looked like one of the bigger guys at that weight but, I've never met the man or seen him in person.

sadic1 - If there's ever been a hole in GSP's game, it's been his mind. He admitted being intimidated by Hughes when he lost to him and you could argue that his loss to Serra had a lot to do with mental weakness. For as talented and impressive as he is, I don't believe he fights every fight like he truly believes he is going to win and that his life depends on it. And even at that, he's an incredible fighter. But I don't think Michael Rappaport's comments were completely incorrect.

Again, if this was so true, GSP would have folded agaisnt BJ when he got his nose busted up and could see properly

He wouldnt have beat a guy as good as Kos in his first fight after a huge loss.

He would have buckled under the pressure of being the fav to beat Hughes in fight III

I'm pretty sure GSP was not 'scared' of fighting Serra the first time, so how would mental weakness play into that loss?

Heddy - 

Sell dropping to WW? Craziness.

I posted in here about the same topic. If he does cut that far what is he hoping for? GSP beats Serra and Serra retires? You know he doesn't want to fight his coach/best bud.

txbudoka - LOL @ trying to bust GSP's chops then move to the same weight class.

I give him mad props for it. I may not agree with what he said about GSP, at least he moved to a weight where concievably meet in the ring.

MikefromCalgary - I'm pretty sure GSP was not 'scared' of fighting Serra the first time, so how would mental weakness play into that loss?

I think you could make an argument that St Pierre was mentally unprepared for the Serra fight. Didn't he basically say that he looked past him whe he said he might not have fought if it was someone he thought had a better chance against him? To me, that would definitely be a mental weakness or error.

Like I said, though, I don't think you can call GSP or anyone a "mental midget" in "the right way". He's a great fighter, and a lot better than Serra on paper, but if there is any part of GSP's game that is weaker than the rest, one could argue that it's his head. Didn;'t he also say something abotu is camp and the people around him before the Serra fight?

jbb71 - Is that as "mentally weak" as losing 3 straight and dropping to WW, Bwo?

That's classic!!! lol

GSP is 100 times the fighter and man Sell will ever be. You dont hear George talking shit about people IQs and such.

who's pete sell? i know who pete spratt is.. oh wait pete sell.. ya that's right a nobody!! hey pete, i'll fight you. the comeback TUF was ahile ago. yer done

Who the fuck is Pete Sell?

Heddy - 
"He has all the tools to dominate, but he is a mental midget. His mentality is very weak."

Pete Sell is a moran. Seriously, one of the dumbest motherfuckers in all of fighting. No joke.

Serra is a FUCKING DEAD MAN!

War GSP!