Peter Strzok to testify before congress 7/10

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/07/03/house-judiciary-committee-subpoenas-peter-strzok-to-testify-in-open-congressional-hearing.amp.html

The House Judiciary Committee announced Tuesday that it has issued a subpoena to embattled FBI official Peter Strzok to testify in an open hearing next week regarding the FBI’s actions surrounding the 2016 election

The hearing, on FBI and Department of Justice actions around the 2016 election, will take place next Tuesday and comes after Strzok was accused of being “smug” during questioning at a closed-door Judiciary hearing last week.

That appearance was the first congressional appearance by Strzok following revelations of anti-Trump messages he exchanged with colleague Lisa Page.

antifragile - 

What's the latest talking point on why they keep issuing a subpoena to someone who has volunteered to testify? Genuinely curious. Is there a technicality I'm missing?

Well Orcus, whats the talking point for somebody that volunteered to testify only to continually pleads the 5th behind closed doors?

I guess we will see how "open" he is in a public setting with his answers, now wont we?

antifragile -

What's the latest talking point on why they keep issuing a subpoena to someone who has volunteered to testify? Genuinely curious. Is there a technicality I'm missing?

I’m likely wrong, but I assumed it was a formality.  It’s like his ticket to his interrogation. 

Too bad he won’t be able to recall anything. They need to force feed this asshole some ginkgo biloba

antifragile - 

He "volunteered" to testify, then refused to agree to a date, repeatedly declining to set a meeting. So they subpoenaed Strzok, now he doesn't have a choice.

antifragile -
Bad Monkey -
antifragile -

I’m likely wrong, but I assumed it was a formality.  It’s like his ticket to his interrogation. 

Too bad he won’t be able to recall anything. They need to force feed this asshole some ginkgo biloba

I'm a little behind here. I know his closed-door testimony already happened. Was there an issue with him not remembering or not answering questions that was reported and if so, can you link me? I'm not trying to challenge you. I just honestly haven't been following that closely to that thread of this political circus.

I’m not up to date with his testimony. To me, there is no doubt in my mind he acted inappropriately. It seems common for people in the position I believe he is in to develop a severe case of CRS. 

Ill Portents - Not being able to recall 99% of the things asked about is only okay when it's the head of the DOJ Jeff Sessions doing it.

I bet Loretta Lynch pled the 5th more times than sessions

antifragile -
Bad Monkey -
antifragile -
Bad Monkey -
antifragile -

I'm a little behind here. I know his closed-door testimony already happened. Was there an issue with him not remembering or not answering questions that was reported and if so, can you link me? I'm not trying to challenge you. I just honestly haven't been following that closely to that thread of this political circus.

I’m not up to date with his testimony. To me, there is no doubt in my mind he acted inappropriately. It seems common for people in the position I believe he is in to develop a severe case of CRS. 

I disagree (obviously) but I also really don't care if they poke and prod him. If it makes people feel like there is oversight and something is being audited, I say go for it. However, I also don't think any congressional testimony should be in private in the first place.

It doesn't matter if he did or didn't act inappropriately.  This is a dog and pony show.  Fuck all will come of this.  I think congress just does this to amuse themselves.

Ill Portents - Not being able to recall 99% of the things asked about is only okay when it's the head of the DOJ Jeff Sessions doing it.

sessions is a piece of shit just like strzok

Bad Monkey -
antifragile -

Fuck that...  . Sodium pentathol 

Ill Portents - Not being able to recall 99% of the things asked about is only okay when it's the head of the DOJ Jeff Sessions doing it.

Like Hillary's head injury?

Strzok can not speak about active investigations. The committee already knows that. You’ll see most government employees, excluding Comey, not speak on something like the Trump campaign/Russia investigation. 

To the extent that the Clinton investigation is ongoing he’ll also be advised to not speak on that. 

He’ll offer some general explanations for his texts with Page I’m sure, and will be grilled hard.

Bad Monkey - 
antifragile -
Bad Monkey -
antifragile -
Bad Monkey -
antifragile -

I disagree (obviously) but I also really don't care if they poke and prod him. If it makes people feel like there is oversight and something is being audited, I say go for it. However, I also don't think any congressional testimony should be in private in the first place.

It doesn't matter if he did or didn't act inappropriately.  This is a dog and pony show.  Fuck all will come of this.  I think congress just does this to amuse themselves.

THIS, Nothing ever happens and no big players ever go down.

It’s really cute when orcus switches SNs in the middle of a thread. 

spider guard -
Bad Monkey - 
antifragile -
Bad Monkey -
antifragile -
Bad Monkey -
antifragile -

THIS, Nothing ever happens and no big players ever go down.

Agreed

Bring on Gowdy. He will at least humiliate this fuck

antifragile -

Its part of the process.

antifragile -
Bad Monkey -
antifragile -
Bad Monkey -
antifragile -
Bad Monkey -
antifragile -

Same. I see a lot of focus on the text messages which feels like a bit of a red herring to me for both sides of the argument. If the shoe was on the other foot, I would want to audit his prior case work to look for a pattern of intent in other, unrelated matters. We already have his text messages likely going back years. I'm sure they could match his opinions to other cases as well.

I think part of the problem is congress hasn’t received ALL the texts and emails from DOJ. That’s why they are threatening rosenstein. How can you depose a witness without all the supporting documents? 

antifragile -
Bad Monkey -
antifragile -

He repeatedly said on advice of fbi counsel he could not answer questions.  That's the short version.  

He’ll either plead the 5th and say he can’t say anything due to classified reasons. Unfortunately it’ll be another nothing burger.

wormiwalkinstik -

Bring on Gowdy. He will at least humiliate this fuck

Like he humiliated himself with his hurry the hell up bullshit? Gowdy and Jordan are only there to do Trump's dirty work