Petition to make Machida vs Henderson a 5 rounder

I apologize in advance if there's already one in progress. This Android app doesn't appear to have a search function. I also apologize in advance if I missed a memo and it's already been done.

Anyway, title says it all. I don't mind having Rousey as a main event as long as they make the People's Main Event a 5 rounder. Phone Post

EDIT:  THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT ABOUT THE CURRENT MAIN EVENT.  I CLEARLY SAID I DIDN'T MIND THE WMMA TITLE BEING THE MAIN EVENT.  I SIMPLY FEEL THAT HENDO - MACHIDA SHOULDN'T BE A 3 ROUND FIGHT.

Apologies for the caps, but I'm hopeful that they'll help.

Oh, and signed, of course. Phone Post

I think they had to make Rousey/Carmouche the headline, bc its the 1st for the WMMA in the UFC, they had to.

I agree tho....Machida vs. Hendo or whoever if he is hurt should be 5X5 also.

If its not Hendo.....Gustaffson it should be

Dude, calling the Hendo/Machida fight the people's main event is so disrespectful it's crazy.

People need to stop bitching. Women are headlining UFC's now - deal with it.

Porkchop - Dude, calling the Hendo/Machida fight the people's main event is so disrespectful it's crazy.

It's not meant to be disrespectful at all; it's simply realistic.  Title fight or not, the inaugural WMMA fight in the UFC hasn't really earned main event status.  I'm sure if we made a poll asking people which fight is more compelling between Machida - Hendo and Rousey - Carmouche, we'd get a pretty overwhelming majority vote for Machida vs Hendo.

That said, it really wasn't my point.  They can leave that as the main event if they want, but make Machida vs Hendo a 5 rounder.  They've had events with two 5 round fights before. 

Signed Phone Post

^ I should add that if they didn't have enough faith in the Flyweight championship fight to let it main event its own PPV (rather than being a co-main event to the LHW title fight), it's a little hypocritical to let this fight headline its very own show.  Letting the WMMA inaugural fight co-main event with another title fight would have been a more appropriate choice.

thank you. thought about  making this thread myself. I don't mind the rousey fight being Main, it's a title fight and that's just the way it is. but it would be a tragedy for machida/hendo to be only 3 rds. no reason they can't both be 5 rds. Set the precedent, Dana! Awesome, important fights should go 5

Porkchop - Dude, calling the Hendo/Machida fight the people's main event is so disrespectful it's crazy.

thats all mma fans do is bitch.

Look I'm interested in seeing Ronda fight but Hendo/Machida is def the better fight, it just is.

With that said she is a champ, champs get the main event spot, dont have a problem it, if you dont like it dont watch or buy the card.

all the petitioning to make it a 5 round fight is pointless, its not going to happen. But mma fans need something to complain about every single day so this is the newest cause.

Porkchop - Dude, calling the Hendo/Machida fight the people's main event is so disrespectful it's crazy.

Lol, they won't be main eventing after the ppv numbers trickle in for this one... Phone Post

Chris27 - 

Look I'm interested in seeing Ronda fight but Hendo/Machida is def the better fight, it just is.

With that said she is a champ, champs get the main event spot, dont have a problem it, if you dont like it dont watch or buy the card.

all the petitioning to make it a 5 round fight is pointless, its not going to happen. But mma fans need something to complain about every single day so this is the newest cause.

For the record, I did not bitch about the Rousey - Carmouche main event.  I said I was fine with it, but that Hendo - Machida should be 5 rounds.

Zaph - 

It's not meant to be disrespectful at all; it's simply realistic.  Title fight or not, the inaugural WMMA fight in the UFC hasn't really earned main event status.  I'm sure if we made a poll asking people which fight is more compelling between Machida - Hendo and Rousey - Carmouche, we'd get a pretty overwhelming majority vote for Machida vs Hendo.

That said, it really wasn't my point.  They can leave that as the main event if they want, but make Machida vs Hendo a 5 rounder.  They've had events with two 5 round fights before. 

Hendo/Machida isnt for a title.

It would completely disrespect wmma and that title if you make fights under it 5 rounds. You are basically saying Ronda, the div and wmma are shit and arent as important.

Even if that is the case, people can say they are more interested in Cowboy/Pettis or Page/Glover than they are the Fly title, they still arent making either of those fights 5 round fights.

You do this you are saying the titles mean nothing.

Chris27 - 

you guys can call it bitching, but if people don't speak up, things won't change. they may not listen to every complaint fans have, but over time it adds up and things change. I guarantee you there will be 5 rd., non-title co-main events in the next 5-10 years. why the hell not?

Chris27 - 
Zaph - 

<br />
    <p>
        It's not meant to be disrespectful at all; it's simply realistic.&nbsp; Title fight or not, the inaugural WMMA fight in the UFC hasn't really earned main event status.&nbsp; I'm sure if we made a poll asking people which fight is more compelling between Machida - Hendo and Rousey - Carmouche, we'd get a pretty overwhelming majority vote for Machida vs Hendo.</p>
    <p>
        That said, it really wasn't my point.&nbsp; They can leave that as the main event if they want, but make Machida vs Hendo a 5 rounder.&nbsp; They've had events with two 5 round fights before.&nbsp;</p>
</blockquote>
<br />
Hendo/Machida isnt for a title.<br />
<br />
It would completely disrespect wmma and that title if you make fights under it 5 rounds. You are basically saying Ronda, the div and wmma are shit and arent as important.<br />
<br />
Even if that is the case, people can say they are more interested in Cowboy/Pettis or Page/Glover than they are the Fly title, they still arent making either of those fights 5 round fights.<br />
<br />
You do this you are saying the titles mean nothing.</blockquote>

When did I say that Rousey - Carmouche shouldn't be 5 rounds?  I think you completely misread my post.

Well if DW stays true to his own words that the winner of that fight gets title shot as a #1 contender, then why not make it a more important fight by adding the championship rounds....... Not disrespecting the women, but respecting the fact that this fight is not just another fight, it is for something.......

jsdaugh34 - Well if DW stays true to his own words that the winner of that fight gets title shot as a #1 contender, then why not make it a more important fight by adding the championship rounds....... Not disrespecting the women, but respecting the fact that this fight is not just another fight, it is for something.......

I agree.  I think both fights should be 5 rounders.  They've had events with two title fights before, so they should be able to have two 5 rounders here here as well.

Zaph - 
Chris27 - 
Zaph - 

<br />
    <p>
        It's not meant to be disrespectful at all; it's simply realistic.&nbsp; Title fight or not, the inaugural WMMA fight in the UFC hasn't really earned main event status.&nbsp; I'm sure if we made a poll asking people which fight is more compelling between Machida - Hendo and Rousey - Carmouche, we'd get a pretty overwhelming majority vote for Machida vs Hendo.</p>
    <p>
        That said, it really wasn't my point.&nbsp; They can leave that as the main event if they want, but make Machida vs Hendo a 5 rounder.&nbsp; They've had events with two 5 round fights before.&nbsp;</p>
</blockquote>
<br />
Hendo/Machida isnt for a title.<br />
<br />
It would completely disrespect wmma and that title if you make fights under it 5 rounds. You are basically saying Ronda, the div and wmma are shit and arent as important.<br />
<br />
Even if that is the case, people can say they are more interested in Cowboy/Pettis or Page/Glover than they are the Fly title, they still arent making either of those fights 5 round fights.<br />
<br />
You do this you are saying the titles mean nothing.</blockquote>

When did I say that Rousey - Carmouche shouldn't be 5 rounds?  I think you completely misread my post.

Its not about saying the title fight shouldnt be 5 rounds.

You make a non title fight under a title fight 5 rounds because people are complaining you are shitting on that title and that div.

Just like if they did it for Glover/Page under the Fly title, it completely disrespects that title imo.

You make a non title fight 5 rounds in a main event when there isnt a title fight, thats fine, but you start doing it fights on a card under a title fight its shits on that belt.

I have a feeling if this fight was the co main event under GSP/Condit would fans be bitching and crying about it not being a 5 round fight?

Sure some would still want it to be 5 rounds because its a good fight but 90 percent of the calls for this fight to be 5 rounds are because its under a fight they feel shouldnt be a main event. Its under a wmma and that pisses them off that this fight in their eyes is being demoted for a shitty wmma fight nobody cares about.

jsdaugh34 - Well if DW stays true to his own words that the winner of that fight gets title shot as a #1 contender, then why not make it a more important fight by adding the championship rounds....... Not disrespecting the women, but respecting the fact that this fight is not just another fight, it is for something.......

Dana didnt say that, he said Shogun/AG winner would be next.

Chris27 - 
Zaph - 

Hendo/Machida isnt for a title.

It would completely disrespect wmma and that title if you make fights under it 5 rounds. You are basically saying Ronda, the div and wmma are shit and arent as important.

Even if that is the case, people can say they are more interested in Cowboy/Pettis or Page/Glover than they are the Fly title, they still arent making either of those fights 5 round fights.

You do this you are saying the titles mean nothing.

People are really hot over this one. IDGAF I'm buying and may not watch the even main event.

Hendo has been out over a year, Machida got his shot (which was questionable to give at 2-3 & yea revoked because he wanted a full camp LMFAO) with a 3 rounder Vs Bader. I'm cool with 3. Hendo can play the same game Page did for Rd.'s 1 & 2. Of course there is Machida's weakness in taking the overhand right which he must worry about too.

Chris27 - Its not about saying the title fight shouldnt be 5 rounds.

You make a non title fight under a title fight 5 rounds because people are complaining you are shitting on that title and that div.

Just like if they did it for Glover/Page under the Fly title, it completely disrespects that title imo.

You make a non title fight 5 rounds in a main event when there isnt a title fight, thats fine, but you start doing it fights on a card under a title fight its shits on that belt.

I have a feeling if this fight was the co main event under GSP/Condit would fans be bitching and crying about it not being a 5 round fight?

Sure some would still want it to be 5 rounds because its a good fight but 90 percent of the calls for this fight to be 5 rounds are because its under a fight they feel shouldnt be a main event. Its under a wmma and that pisses them off that this fight in their eyes is being demoted for a shitty wmma fight nobody cares about.

I've never seen anyone complain because a non-title fight was 5 rounds.  Well, there may have been a few outliers, but mostly, people have been asking for important non-title fights to be 5 rounds.  I count myself among those people. 

Boxing has title fights and non-title fights go 12 rounds, why must MMA have more rounds for a title fight?  I would be perfectly happy if all high profile fights were 5 rounds.

You may take exception to 5 round non title fights, but to be clear, I don't.  I think both fights should be 5 rounds.  Realistically, there's a very low degree of probability that Rousey's fight will even make it to a second round anyway.  Machida - Hendo, on the other hand, could very well go 5 rounds.