Pettis' Kick NOT the most amazing thing in MMA...

Billyz - you have to take into account much more than the ridiculous technique involved in a move no one has ever seen before.
This wasn't some Capoeira guy fighting a no name on a card in the back alleys of brazil.
1-The level of competition involved in the person who ate the kick to the face. Bendo is elite and was a champion for a reason not some guy on bully beatdown who you can showcase things on.
2-The marquee of the fight and its implications, this was as someone already named the last round, of the last title fight of the last card of an amazing org of an even fight to that point. People dream of rising to the occasion on the third out bases loaded game seven of the series type situations. Now picture it being the last series ever to be played in a particular storied stadium and you have an equal moment This move was the grandslam to close out the WEC.
3. the implications - this move won the title for a challenger and a shot to fight for the title in the UFC in his next fight what other move in history has done that?

4. Opportunity, the stars truly lined up for this to occur (last show last round title fight etc) but that only adds to the magic of it all.

I challenge anyone to find a single move in MMA that was this important to not just a fighter but the organization AND spectacular at the exact same time.

Like I said in the original post, the circumstances around it certainly make it more magical.

But in terms of just comparing move vs. move, i think it's #2.

Next has to be cage run, backflip, 360, head kick , Knockout!!! Phone Post

Next one he's coming in fakey off the backgrind

rampage and chonan are at the top for finishing the fight, the kick was awesome though

crazy submissions are great and all but they have a way of showing up quite often but ive never seen another pettis kick i mean the things named after him for a reason

Ryo scissors heel hook on the Greatest Fighter Ever ... no doubt that was the most amazing move in mma

That kick was by far the coolest thing I have ever seen in MMA.

that kick was awesome...but I still say that Fedor recovering from that god awful slam and getting the submission victory is more incredible.

Datguy - no, jumping off the cage and kicking a dude in the face is more impressive.

This

Datguy
1 hour ago
no, jumping off the cage and kicking a dude in the face is more impressive. Phone Post

Guys have pulled off the armbar before. No one has done what Pettis did last night!

perhaps we need a jump off the cage flying armbar

ganther - If only Harold Howard could've landed that flip kick......

I was just thinking the same thing about Sean Salmon's kick...

Matt Riddle's textbook Flying Kneetard is still the greatest thing in MMA history

I actually agree with the OP.

Sato's armbar required a greater degree of skill to execute, imo. Kick is the greatest strike ever, greatest move is still Sato.

Neck Cranks I have to respectfully disagree, the move was landed on a higher degree of opponent than Sato's beautiful arm bar.

I personally have to put circumstances into the mix into the relevance of the strike. As was stated the armbar was 6 seconds into the fight. A flash sub card can be waived on that one and we have seen it before. Had it been Maia doing it on Anderson Silva in Dubai then it would be ranked higher. This moment in time was after 25 minutes of back and forth fighting by num 1 and num 2 in the league/division.

Ryo's move is stuff of legend but Anderson was not the greatest fighter at the time although highly regarded.

Fedors recovery over the slam was epic and only helped cement his legend.

Once again though it was the lining of aspects out of the fighters control that made this so amazing THING in MMA.
Similar to Griffin and Bonnar being of importance not because of substance (and horrible technique) alone but implications as well, this kick had it all plus just stupid technique and timing

UhUmWellUm - 
Kirik - 
Datguy - no, jumping off the cage and kicking a dude in the face is more impressive.

+1

+2

Midget handstand kick gets my vote.

I know it's a thai match, but it is still the greatest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxik1Pxvujc Peter Grahams rolling thunder vs Badr Hari broke his jaw in like 3 places

Chonan does win it, but this does in no way diminish the awesomeness of the kick.