Pettis on skipping the line again: "Suck it up"

"Showtime" sending a message to the critics

He did get screwed with alot aand that wasnt his fault and we've all been waiting to see the rematch.

I understand people upset that TJ would get bumped but they were just as upset when Pettis got bumped.

TJ's past 2 fights: 1st round KOs of Gray Maynard and Matt Wiman

Anthony's past 2 fights: 1st round KOs of Joe Lauzon and Donald Cerrone.

Either way Ben has a handful coming his way.

It's not only the fact that he wants to bump a guy for a titleshot, it's that it would be the second instance of him bumping someone in less than two months and one was in a different division.

Injuries suck but hey thems the breaks sometimes, bumping two different divisions for fights a month apart.

It looks really bad on him and I'm a huge fan, and I don't think it was necessarily that Melendez was the bigger name it was the promise Dana made in public for Melendez while Pettis was making his way back.

Either way these camps are too fucking long for titlefights.

You've made horrible career decisions, Anthony. Every time you missed out on your shot it's been your fault. Suck it up and wait your turn.

No Pettis, YOU suck it up. If you didn't try to drop to FW and instead stayed at your normal class, you would be fighting Bendo for the title in the next few months. You tried to drop to FW, so they've got someone else who has proved themselves worthy to fight Bendo.

Recover from this injury, train your ass off after you do, DON'T reinjure yourself and you'll be fighting for that title before year's end.

MMA Lives Here - 

Everyone here needs to get off TJ Grant's nuts. He has a win over Gray Maynard and that's IT.

Feed him to Cerrone or Thomson while Bendo tries to avenge his loss to Showtime Phone Post

Give Pettis Gray and see if he doesn't get wrestlefucked. He's been given favourable matchups, he just doesn't know how to manage his own career. The fight with TJ is booked, Pettis can get in line and maybe STAY in line for once.

Fuck Pettis, him losing the shot he cut the line for was karma. Wait your turn Phone Post 3.0

MMA Lives Here - 

Everyone here needs to get off TJ Grant's nuts. He has a win over Gray Maynard and that's IT.

Feed him to Cerrone or Thomson while Bendo tries to avenge his loss to Showtime Phone Post

Bullshit.

Undefeated in the LW division, something Pettis can't say for himself. Had the opportunity for the LW, chose to forego it for the FW title shot. He put himself in that situation now he should harden the fuck and deal with it.

Plus Pettis' best UFC win is Cerrone, who is ranked lower than Maynard.

MMA Lives Here - 

They aren't going to choose Bendo vs TJ Grant over Bendo vs Pettis II, so this dIscussion is pointless.

But if Grant can beat the second top 10 guy of his career in the meantime, he'll get his shot, so don't get too worked up. Phone Post

I don't think you're wrong. I think Pettis will get it, and I think he doesn't deserve it. And I will think the UFC learned from the Guida fight that all they need to do is give Pettis the right opponents and he'll make them money. Just gotta avoid the Maynards/Guidas/Millers/Healys/Gilberts of the division and let him choose what champions he gets to fight.

Pettis got absolutely lay and prayed by Guida
Barely scrapped by Stephens
Beat Lauzon impressively who's a gatekeeper
Stopped Cerrone very impressively

He hasn't done enough to be running around cutting lines and stealing title shots alrwady scheduled. Give him any decent LW wrestler and he loses, shit I think Edgar beats him at FW Phone Post 3.0

I don't agree with Chael's special treatment just like I don't agree with Anthony's.

He should go on the Ally McBeal diet and try get a shot at Demetrious Johnson.

Then if doesn't work, buy a fat suit and try get a shot against Velasquez.

I also find it funny that there's an implied assumption that just cos Bendo vs Pettis was a great fight that Bendo and TJ Grant will be a shitfest. It may be, but I doubt it.

Grant's a guy who goes for the finish, as he did wih Wiman, Maynard, Roller and tried finishing Prater and Dunham. He'll take it to Bendo, will make for awesome viewing too imo

MMA Lives Here - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - Pettis got absolutely lay and prayed by Guida

He hasn't done enough to be running around cutting lines and stealing title shots alrwady scheduled. Give him any decent LW wrestler and he loses, shit I think Edgar beats him at FW Phone Post 3.0

He beat Benson. Benson was literally falling over when Pettis threw feints in the last round. The Showtime kick didn't win him the fight, it was an exclamation mark.

He came over as the WEC champ and didn't get his promised immediate title unification bout. He's 16-2 with a bs SD loss to Paleszewski.

With all due respect, TJ Grant can wait for the winner. Phone Post

Rocky Johnson beat Benson too, who cares? He chose to fight instead of wait for the dust to settle. He took a gamble and lost.

With all due respect to Pettis, he can wait for the winner of the already set Grant vs Benson. He was more than happy to wait 6 months to move weight to fight for the belt, waiting 4-5 months to fight for the LW title won't hurt.

ChaosOverkill -

It's not only the fact that he wants to bump a guy for a titleshot, it's that it would be the second instance of him bumping someone in less than two months and one was in a different division.

Injuries suck but hey thems the breaks sometimes, bumping two different divisions for fights a month apart.

It looks really bad on him and I'm a huge fan, and I don't think it was necessarily that Melendez was the bigger name it was the promise Dana made in public for Melendez while Pettis was making his way back.

Either way these camps are too fucking long for titlefights.

Llamas wasn't bumped. Pettis-Aldo was booked in February.

Both divisions looked different then. Phone Post

Hey Anthony, how bout fixing yer injury and fighting Aldo asap and not even try to take TJ's titleshot away?

Grant earned the title shot. Plain and simple.

I like Pettis, but he kind of needs to settle down. Take a top contender fight, and keep himself available in case Grant gets injured, which is entirely in the realm of possibility. He'll get his chance eventually. Phone Post

Love Pettis but he needs to fucking stop already.

Pettis got fucked over badly. He still should get a shot against Bendo. But not stealing TJ spot in the process. Pettis has bad luck but that is no reason the fuck other fighters over.

Fight either a top level dude at lightweight or feather..or wait for your shot at Bendo/TJ after the fight happens( should get the titleshot right away if he decides to do so). Phone Post 3.0

Wait, so is he still fighting Aldo? Phone Post 3.0

MMA Lives Here -
GayGuardMooseSaucy - Pettis got absolutely lay and prayed by Guida

He beat Benson. Benson was literally falling over when Pettis threw feints in the last round. The Showtime kick didn't win him the fight, it was an exclamation mark.

He came over as the WEC champ and didn't get his promised immediate title unification bout. He's 16-2 with a bs SD loss to Paleszewski.

With all due respect, TJ Grant can wait for the winner. Phone Post

So as I see your point, I disagree. Because Pettis had the shot and instead he decided to drop to FW and fight Aldo. Its now TJ Grant's spot, he won the number one contender spot and what's fair is fair. Phone Post 3.0