Pettis on skipping the line again: "Suck it up"

bearockbrobama - 
ChaosOverkill -

It's not only the fact that he wants to bump a guy for a titleshot, it's that it would be the second instance of him bumping someone in less than two months and one was in a different division.

Injuries suck but hey thems the breaks sometimes, bumping two different divisions for fights a month apart.

It looks really bad on him and I'm a huge fan, and I don't think it was necessarily that Melendez was the bigger name it was the promise Dana made in public for Melendez while Pettis was making his way back.

Either way these camps are too fucking long for titlefights.

Llamas wasn't bumped. Pettis-Aldo was booked in February.

Both divisions looked different then. Phone Post

Lamas just never got the titleshot cause there was backstage planning in the works, without Pettis he would have gotten the shot cause there was no one else at the time that was logical until Pettis stepped up which the guys at FW consider cutting in line

He's so obsessed now because of the injury and the choice to fight Guida he will fuck anyone he can over.

Go lose some fans Pettis!

Michai - 
Michai - Dudes... There is no 'line' in the UFC. If you don't already know that UFC does not use a linear system for determining title fights. Also Pettis is the former strike force champ, in all fairness he deserves to fight for the belt against Benson. Pettis has a far better chance of putting on a show for the belt than grant, ultimately that's all UFC wants - an entertaining pvp not to appeal to a fake sense of linear ranking system. Phone Post

Ppv * Phone Post

I dunno how you can get off saying "far better chance of putting on a show than Grant."

If you said he is "guaranteed to put on a show" then okay, agreed. But in LW, Grant fights for the finish. He might not jump off fences and throw much spinning shit, but he goes in there with the intention of fucking people up just as much as Pettis does.

Wasn't this the fight that was meant to happen anyway?

BrunoMcGyver -
Michai - 
Michai - Dudes... There is no 'line' in the UFC. If you don't already know that UFC does not use a linear system for determining title fights. Also Pettis is the former strike force champ, in all fairness he deserves to fight for the belt against Benson. Pettis has a far better chance of putting on a show for the belt than grant, ultimately that's all UFC wants - an entertaining pvp not to appeal to a fake sense of linear ranking system. Phone Post

Ppv * Phone Post

I dunno how you can get off saying "far better chance of putting on a show than Grant."

If you said he is "guaranteed to put on a show" then okay, agreed. But in LW, Grant fights for the finish. He might not jump off fences and throw much spinning shit, but he goes in there with the intention of fucking people up just as much as Pettis does.

This

TJ Grant reminds me of the old school hockey goons ready to spill blood Phone Post 3.0

What would you do if you were in his shoes? Phone Post 3.0

Michai - 

Ppv * Phone Post

He does deserve to fight for the belt. But IMO he hasn't earned the right to jumped around the goddamn weight classes stealing other fighter's title shots.

And him acting like a really unlikable guy in that video doesn't help his case.

Not cool man, he's great but he acts like he's Gods gift to MMA. Show some respect, this isn't a good look. I'm still a fan but damn... Phone Post 3.0

Suck it.

I wanna hear what Grant has to say about all this. Lots of points for and against Pettis getting the shot.

Dude ain't gaining any fans with all this for damn sure.

Pettis didn't steal the shot at 145 from anyone, he was offered the fight and took it.

He cut in line, true, but this time he will definitely bump TJ out if he gets it. IMO, fair would be finding him another fight in the co-main event slot or just having him wait for the winner. Phone Post

MMA Lives Here -
GayGuardMooseSaucy - Pettis got absolutely lay and prayed by Guida
Barely scrapped by Stephens
Beat Lauzon impressively who's a gatekeeper
Stopped Cerrone very impressively

He hasn't done enough to be running around cutting lines and stealing title shots alrwady scheduled. Give him any decent LW wrestler and he loses, shit I think Edgar beats him at FW Phone Post 3.0

He beat Benson. Benson was literally falling over when Pettis threw feints in the last round. The Showtime kick didn't win him the fight, it was an exclamation mark.

He came over as the WEC champ and didn't get his promised immediate title unification bout. He's 16-2 with a bs SD loss to Paleszewski.

With all due respect, TJ Grant can wait for the winner. Phone Post

I like Anthony, but the kick absolutely did win him that fight. Phone Post 3.0

amazing, a guy won 2 out of 3 rounds of a fight with one kick.

RileyPust -
MMA Lives Here - 

They aren't going to choose Bendo vs TJ Grant over Bendo vs Pettis II, so this dIscussion is pointless.

But if Grant can beat the second top 10 guy of his career in the meantime, he'll get his shot, so don't get too worked up. Phone Post

I don't think you're wrong. I think Pettis will get it, and I think he doesn't deserve it. And I will think the UFC learned from the Guida fight that all they need to do is give Pettis the right opponents and he'll make them money. Just gotta avoid the Maynards/Guidas/Millers/Healys/Gilberts of the division and let him choose what champions he gets to fight.
Why should he have his fights hand picked for him though? Avoid putting him in against strong grapplers and then let him choose which champion he fights? What a silly comment that is. Being the champion of your division means being better than all the rest. Based on your logic, how could Pettis say he is the best when he would have skipped past several of the top guys at lightweight just because he can't handle strong grapplers. That's on Pettis to improve his game, not down to the UFC to give his hand picked fights. Phone Post 3.0

Wait your turn bro. Phone Post

Herring In A Fur Coat -
Reed Rothchild - 
Willy the Coyote - Pettis thinks he's a superstar even though the "showtime kick" is more famous than he is. Ask any casual fan and they'll tell you they saw the kick on ESPN and have no idea who threw it.

Grant has been just as exciting as Pettis lately, but with more impressive victories. Phone Post
Lmao... Grant has beaten one top 10 fighter. Sit down Phone Post 3.0

And how many Top 10 fighters did Pettis beat?

Cowboy......

That's it lol Phone Post 3.0

Clay Guids says hi.

People are so funny. Since when did the politics become more important than the fights? I can't wait to see Pettis rematch Benson, and I'd also love to see him fight Aldo. I don't care about anything but watching top guys compete in exciting fights. Maybe that's just me though...

MMA Lives Here -
RileyPust -
MMA Lives Here -  They aren't going to choose Bendo vs TJ Grant over Bendo vs Pettis II, so this dIscussion is pointless.

But if Grant can beat the second top 10 guy of his career in the meantime, he'll get his shot, so don't get too worked up. Phone Post

I don't think you're wrong. I think Pettis will get it, and I think he doesn't deserve it. And I will think the UFC learned from the Guida fight that all they need to do is give Pettis the right opponents and he'll make them money. Just gotta avoid the Maynards/Guidas/Millers/Healys/Gilberts of the division and let him choose what champions he gets to fight.

So this is how it is now? We judge people on one performance.

Pettis got laid on by Guida, TJ "the failed welterweight" Grant beat Gray Maynard and suddenly TJ's king. All you need to do is give Pettis guys with no ground game, like Cerrone, Lauzon, Roller and Bendo.

It's weird. People are cool with Chael getting a shot at Jon Jones, they go nuts about Weidman getting a shot after a couple of measly top 10 and top 5 wins, and they're oh so passionate about TJ Grant getting a shot over Pettis.

You guys have fun with your Bendo vs TJ Grant fantasy match-up, I want to see the rematch of one of the greatest fights of all time. Phone Post

Did you just say Joe Lauzon has no ground game?
WHAT?!?!?! Phone Post 3.0

Need to go grab the "nachos and chili dog" quote from the other thread the other day...brb...