Pettis Replaces Camus in Tachi Tourney Finale

By Paul Fladten of US Combat Sports
---

How does the Legend of Fighting Championship replace newly signed UFC bantamweight Chico Camus in the upcoming finale of the Tachi Tournament? It's simple: just substitute in Camus' emerging Roufusport teammate and nationally recognizable prospect Sergio Pettis.

Just days removed from his fourth straight victory, "The Phenom" has accepted the biggest opportunity of his career and will now step in against Tom McKenna at "LFC 53 – Memorium" with a contract into the Tachi Palace Fights organization on the line.

After making his debut in the flyweight division with a win over Chris Haney at North American Fighting Championship "Colosseum" on Friday, Pettis stated that the cut to 125-pounds was a little tougher than he had anticipated. But that won't be a problem come June 15 in Indianapolis.

Pettis finds himself the recipient of Camus' tournament success after "King" was singed to the UFC following consecutive unanimous decision victories over the previously undefeated Daniel Aguirre and Alp Ozkilic. 23-year-old Kentucky prospect Tom McKenna was up next for Camus but that responsibility will now be handed over to Pettis.

With back-to-back first round stoppages over Quinn Broomfield and Christopher Collins in the first two rounds of the tournament, McKenna (6-1) now matches up with the Roufusport replacement with everything up for grabs.

Still only 18 years of age, Pettis will once again improve upon his level of competition as he looks to further his career at rapid pace. Stay tuned to US Combat Sports for any breaking news regarding LFC 53 and the bantamweight matchup between Pettis and McKenna.

awesome for sergio, skys the limit for him

good for Pettis, hope to see him win this fight and get into TPF.

So is he done with Flyweight or is this just taking a fight at BW?

Is he gonna go forward as a BW now or will he try cutting to 125 again?

Chris27 - good for Pettis, hope to see him win this fight and get into TPF.

So is he done with Flyweight or is this just taking a fight at BW?

Is he gonna go forward as a BW now or will he try cutting to 125 again?

I'm pretty sure his natural class right now would probably be flyweight. He's probably just taking opportunities where he can get them but I'd assume when he makes the move to the UFC, he'd be a great addition to the flyweight division. Sergio has looked awesome so far. Phone Post

From the sounds of it he may go between both or take whatever opportunity arises. But at 18, who knows how long his body will remain able to make the cut.

Yeah it sounds like the cut was harder than he thought it would be.

I think guys are thinking new Flyweight div, make the cut, its a faster ticket to the UFC and a new div someone can make a name quicker but it seems like the cut is gonna be tough for him.

I think he probably stays at BW, and BW isnt a deep div so he can make it into the UFC as a BW just as fast imo.