Pffffft- 174 PPV does 95-115k…but poss 125k

Those numbers are sagging like granny's fun bags. Ouch.

Though I wish the flyweights were more popular, I'm glad people are speaking with their dollars.

"UFC 174, held June 14 in Vancouver, B.C., was expected to be the baseline test of the UFC brand appeal. The main event pitted flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson against an unknown contender, Ali Bagautinov. It was expected going in that it would be the lowest pay-per-view number for the UFC of the modern era. The only question was, how low would it go?

Estimates for the show are running in the 95,000 to 115,000 range, although Yahoo! Sports last week had a 125,000 estimate. UFC does not release its pay-per-view numbers. But by any estimate, it would set a baseline low for the company which only twice in the modern era had fallen below 150,000 buys, and those were for shows without a championship fight. It is believed the prior low for a championship fight was about 180,000 buys for the Jose Aldo vs. Chan Sung Jung featherweight title fight at UFC 163."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/7/10/5888421/johnson-shows-that-a-championship-exposure-and-success-doesnt-make Phone Post 3.0

"Highest selling Flyweight headline PPV in UFC history"-MMALOGIC 

The restaurant I have been going to for the PPV events with a couple of my friend's (they wont throw in any money for a PPV, even though one of them is the only other hardcore fan friend I have these days) was a ghost town for 174. Also most people left during the MM fight. One of my friend's said he was bored and going outside for a bit, he then texted his brother (my other friend, the hardcore fan) and said he was going home, he wasnt into the card at all. That was at the beginning of the MM fight.

The last PPV had a decent amount of people, and had people yelling and cheering during Weidman vs Machida. HUGE contrast in the amount of people there and the "feel" to the place.

That's what happens when you put manlets in the main event

GayGuardMooseSaucy -

"Highest selling Flyweight headline PPV in UFC history"-MMALOGIC 

LOL VU! Phone Post 3.0

Kelvin Gastelum fan - I went to a bar for the TJ vs Barao card and people were into it. To me, there's a big gap between 135 and 125. I find it odd that there's only 10 lb difference in weight class, it feel like it's much more than that.

The 125 class is a throw away because pretty much anybody in that weight class can fight at 135 with EASE. Hell, the number 6 guy at 125 has ko'd the 135 champ before, the former 135 champ couldnt finish the current 125 champ either. The 125ers all weigh 150-160 pounds once in the cage anyway, and if they want people to take it serious, they need to make mention of this on TV. The average dipshit fan actually believes these are 125 pound dudes once in the cage.

Also, this is coming from somebody who weighs less than the 125ers do once they are in the cage, so if anybody should like that weight class, it should be me lol....yet I do not.

Non N00B - Also, this is coming from somebody who weighs less than the 125ers do once they are in the cage, so if anybody should like that weight class, it should be me lol....yet I do not.

Thats because the division is competing with w135 in terms of worst division in the UFC, and they have the smallest finishing rate in the sport. Also barely any names or personalities, and a champ that makes zero effort to put himself out there.

Add that to the fact that they are tinier than 90% of the MMA fans, and you have a losing combination.

Up. Phone Post 3.0

The scary part is when Dana was talking about going to 115 as well. It seems that has dried up thank god and they've instead focused on the 125lb women.

I love how it's become fashionable to celebrate low buy rates. Each genre/niche has a hardcore group that is self-hating and loudly embraces failure when the aforementioned genre/niche has experienced success. I guess that time is now for the UFC. Phone Post 3.0

Kelvin Gastelum fan - I went to a bar for the TJ vs Barao card and people were into it. To me, there's a big gap between 135 and 125. I find it odd that there's only 10 lb difference in weight class, it feel like it's much more than that.

It is because 135 is pretty stacked and 125 is not at all.