PFL 5 (2021) results & discussion

Weird how the issue of bullshit judging is not addressed in mma. Really weird.

That is legit one of the worst decisions I have ever seen and that is really saying something. 1,000 percent Rory won 29-28 and a good argument can be made it was 30-27.

Brutal decision.

Meh, Rory didn’t do anything spectacular. Diving for takedowns from across the ring and missing them over and over and over again doesn’t look good to the judges.

1 Like

Glad I fell asleep now. Was planning on staying up to watch this. Main card didnt look too appealing. Tom Lawlor and the Vinny fight shouldve been main card but I guess neither fight ended up being that great. Shitty for Rory. Worth watching the Tibau fight? Ie. was it an entertaining fight regardless of the bad dec?

it was an okay fight but I honestly was gaming while watching so I missed a bit of it. even with that said…I totally had it for Rory.

Just now checking what happened as I had some important duties to take care of. I left in the middle of round three and thought Rory would either get a finish or win an easy decision, wow what the fuck? That’s one of the worst decisions I’ve seen in a LONG time. I don’t use the term a lot but absolutely a robbery. Jesus Christ. At least it was an entertaining fight.

1 Like

It’s a commission problem. Fighters can’t do anything about it, all promoters can say is don’t leave it up to judges. And sadly the commissions don’t hold their judges or even referees accountable, nor do they want to admit that their system is fucked up.

1 Like
1 Like

Rory needs to stop point fighting, stop fighting boring, and then he may actually have a case. He fought to win last night, not to finish. I’m glad he lost.

I cannot complain about the judging. I bet $2 (that is right, two whole dollars) on Tibau at +600.

I also bet $15 on Ray Cooper III at +115.

I don’t think you know what point fighting is. Rory isn’t as dangerous as he used to be but he threw plenty of damaging strikes last night. Watch that fight again and you’ll see what’s more impressive is the way Gleison walks through them.