PFL on TV Tonight - Thursday June 10 - ESPN2 10PM EST

That’s bullshit

And wrestling gets taken out by basic BJJ. I was submitting OU wrestlers as a 4 stripe white belt in BJJ.

And a straight BJJ person is getting raped by someone with basic takedown defense.

See how dumb your comment was? We learned all this shit back in 1993. You have to be cross trained these days.

Did you bother watching the fight?

At 5 months I actually caught a few purples. Without doxxing myself I started off at a small branch school with 2 black belt instructors and we had a group of like 6 guys rolling. We all leveled up very fast because we rolled with these 2 black belts non stop every class. Classes were so small it was like getting a personal lesson every day of the week.

My one black belt coach got his black belt in Brazil after selling all his belongings and moving there for 5 years in the mid 90s. I stopped attending gi class and did only no gi after about a year. One of my old training partners has his own school and affiliation network. He was awarded his black belt from Galvao and his ranked top 5 in the world at his weight. Enough of what I did in my past and back to the fights tonight.

So you are a blue?? Just following along.

Trying to hide behind your smartly worded paragraph to dodge the question…morons are saying Kayla would take her down and maul her…yeah no shit.

I believe you are correct but the logical issue with that incredibly dumb statement is that Kayla’s 1st sport isn’t MMA; it is judo.

Shields killing Kayla in boxing is a given as is Kayla killing Shields in Judo.

We are discussing a 2nd mutual combat sport that both of them have decided to participate in so it is fair to discuss how that projected fight would play out. Considering it is a mutual playing field since MMA is not their primary sport for either fighter.

Kayla has just had way more time at this point. In a few years it will be a real fight if Clarissa puts in time in MMA and not just part time.

That’s logical

No just calling out your lack of logic in your conclusion to a premise. No need to hide behind anything quite frankly.

A just as equal stupid response would be to say “Let’s see Shields fight Kayla in judo!”. Of course, Kayla kills Shields in judo and Shields kills her in boxing. We are talking about MMA here though.

These type of fights don’t happen often so I do like to make observations about them and think about what it can mean in terms of “if there was no ref” scenario or other constraints. Clarissa, the world class athlete and obviously much stronger of the two, got put down with ease while dishing out no damage in the first round. I find that fascinating. Sorry if you guys can’t see past your own face on this

1 Like

Can you go a post without saying logic or logical?

I dare you…I double dare you

No amount of time will close that ground skill gap. Shields will have to land something before getting ran across the cage. The fight will happen within 18-24 months because I doubt the PFL will financially pay Shields $250k reportedly to fight these ham and eggers in perpetuity.

1 Like

I agree with you

I would if you go a post without an ad hominem.

Where I started there was no purple belt who was worth a shit that ever got caught by a white belt unless there was a big discrepancy in size or age or a fluke. And it was a very competitive school.

But that is irrelevant about “catching” someone a few times. It happens.

At 5 months you were getting raped by mediocre blue belts. And if you weren’t you were at a shitty school.

Claressa has 5 months of grappling experience. That isn’t jack shit. Expecting her to fight high level people right now is a joke.

I think we are all pretty much in agreement

LMAO!

Someone send this dude a tape of UFC 1.

Or tell him to buy a UFC Fight Pass subscription and watch the first UFC’s.

Your mind is going to be blown.

Can I just remind everyone that you’re arguing over WMMA.

2 Likes

Yes I saw it. My point stands. The concept of rounds favored shields. Shields won via conditioning and fight iq. Which Elkins had neither

1 Like