phd thesis: the earth is flat

http://m.gulfnews.com/opinion/thinkers/phd-thesis-the-earth-is-flat-1.2009202

Oh he's a Muslim and thinks the Qu'ran tells us the earth is flat? Consults with religious leaders about science... At least it fits in with the rest of their centuries old beliefs.

Muslim with a Ph.D...?

He'll be the President of Mizzou in no time.

Ghengiseanie - Quran says everything in orbits and multiple planets prior to astronomical dicsovery of planets.

Yeah, and which passages would those be?

Ghengiseanie - Quran says everything in orbits and multiple planets prior to astronomical dicsovery of planets.

Oh boy

Hey Ghengis can the Quran solve the dark matter / dark energy mystery for us also?

Could try making a few predictions in advance? Rather than waiting until scientists discover something then just saying hah the Quran said that all along. Which makes you guys look especially lame. Although not quite as much as the raping murdering and other Islamic shit of course.

The big travesty is that the supervisor of this clown gets to select a panel of markers to review the work and any money they pick lunitics who agree with this perspective to get them through. We had a Saudi PhD student go through in my cohort and they spent twice as long and still failed out due to ignoring advice and knowing better than established supervisors.

I have my PhD and have been a reviewer for masters and PhD and the fix is in on this one. Fucking disgraceful. This makes me so dam mad. 

Isaiah 40:22

22 He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
and its people are like grasshoppers.
He stretches out the heavenslike a canopy,
and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

Bible says it's flat guys.

[Quran 39.5] [Allah] Created the heavens and the Earth in truth. He overlaps the night over the day and overlaps the day over the night, and enslaved the sun and the moon, ALL MOVE (Kullon Yajree ?? ????) to a prerecorded destiny. Is He not the Exalted, the Forgiver?

This is what I imagine ghengiseanie is referring to.

The Quran mentions the stars and planets 'sweeping', as in moving, which to be fair is probably an impressive assessment for the day, but I'm sure many others had posed the same theory before and contemporarily.

Also it's vague as shit like everything else in these books.

Still to be fair he wasn't proposing flat earth at least.

"He overlaps the night over the day and overlaps the day over the night, and enslaved the sun and the moon, ALL MOVE"

Well the enslaving thing does sound exactly the kind of thing Allah would want to do, along with a bit of rape and mass murder.

Otherwise "ALL MOVE" sounds pretty damn vague at best. Nah.

Did the Quran give us anything useful like the 1/r^2 rule for gravity? That would have been something. Otherwise have to conclude it is basically a bunch of wank.

shen -

Muslim with a Ph.D...?

He'll be the President of Mizzou in no time.

I chuckled. 

God is great.

So if the earth is flat, why is there night time on one side of the planet, while it's day time on the other side?

By side, I hope you mean left and right. But it's due to the obstruction of light by the atmosphere.

Calavaro - So if the earth is flat, why is there night time on one side of the planet, while it's day time on the other side?
You can't reason with these people.

Sogflop -
Calavaro - So if the earth is flat, why is there night time on one side of the planet, while it's day time on the other side?
You can't reason with these people.
I'm just saying the sun is a spotlight - DUH!

chapter 1 the earth is flat

chapter 2 if you kill yourself blowing up a market and killing women and children, god gives you virgins. 

Theres a reason there are 2 different words for religion and science 

A religious text being AMBIGUOUS???? Whoever heard of such a thing.