Phil Baroni pulls out of his bare knuckle fight

Kind of weak sauce.

Rumor is he just signed the contract for publicity - but when it came down to it, he’s not stepping up.

Bare knuckle boxing in England - same deal Melvin Guillard has been fighting on this last while.

He’s claiming the promoters in England, BKB, wouldn’t pay for his flight.

They’re claiming they paid for this flight, he missed it - they booked him another flight - and he won’t take it.

Weak sauce.

Letting down a lot of fans, an opponet who trained for him, and a lot of promotional dollards spent.

Plus it’s obviously far too late to find a replacement.

I personally wouldn’t complain if Joe Riggs somehow managed to step in for him.

I think they’re the same weight, plus he looked beastly the last time he fought BKB.

Apparently Robin Black is doing commentary for this event also?

I was originally going to go to this, I would of been pissed off if he dropped out for no reason.

Why was a 6’3 Light Heavyweight supposed to be boxing Baroni anyway?

Are these the non-bare knuckle bare knuckle fights?

I have a hard time believing Phil dropped out without ever actually wanting to fight. With all the names and guys he’s been in the ring with it was probably some cotract dispute. 

Mynameisburns -

I have a hard time believing Phil dropped out without ever actually wanting to fight. With all the names and guys he’s been in the ring with it was probably some cotract dispute. 

Word.....   Baroni is Tough as Nails and he isn't scared of anyone...

You can say a lot of things about Baroni, scared to fight isn't on that list.  Twenty year track record doesn't lie.

Yeah. 100 percent he's not dropping out afraid of some schlub. 

I believe hands are wrapped

Listen - I'm not one to question the integrity of the dude but...

Just remember - he fought all those fights, and I think it’s fair enough to say, his testosterone levels weren’t in the 700 to 900 range, if you know what I’m saying.

His shape now a days says, would suggest - that they are.

High hormones levels change perspective when it comes to slugging it out - especially with no gloves and no wrestling to pit stop in.

If he had a legit beef as to why he’s pulling out - that’s one thing.

But he’s claiming, "they won’t pay my flight" - which is obviously a total crock.

do they get paid better there than they would in an mma show that would book em today?

SmurfetteWasASkank -

Listen - I'm not one to question the integrity of the dude but...

Just remember - he fought all those fights, and I think it’s fair enough to say, his testosterone levels weren’t in the 700 to 900 range, if you know what I’m saying.

His shape now a days says, would suggest - that they are.

High hormones levels change perspective when it comes to slugging it out - especially with no gloves and no wrestling to pit stop in.

If he had a legit beef as to why he’s pulling out - that’s one thing.

But he’s claiming, "they won’t pay my flight" - which is obviously a total crock.

He said he was on the juice on the mmaroasted podcast a week or so ago. 

Join date 2/22/18... isnt a troll at all. 

Baroni will not be good at bare knuckle boxing…he will go out there and gas in under a minute then his opponent will tee off on him…Baronis striking skills have always been overrated

yeah, I don’t think that would have ended well for Phil.

Baroni has slugged it out with the best in the sport but let's take the word of an 18'er on his 5th post.  

SmurfetteWasASkank - 

Apparently Robin Black is doing commentary for this event also?

Never thought I’d have a reason to not watch BKB.

Julian Lane is boxing on this card also.

I’ve been following him on twitter.

He seems hella prepared, serious shape, and his latest vid he’s gonna, "beat some British bum" - lol.

For smaller promotions, sometimes overseas opposition will just, basically - fuck the promoter.

He seemed the pciture of lunacy on TUF - but good to see he’s taking his fight seriously and prepared to deliver, by all appearances.