Phil Davis... Athlete in MMA

Nothing like Askren. Askren has an infinitely more diverse and clever wrestling game--inside cradles, chancery, rear ankle picks, etc. Incredible diverse in scrambles.

BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
Ministry of Truth -
BTT-RyannVonDoom - 
Ministry of Truth - I'm not going to hate on Phil for winning. He did all he could do against Machida.

The judges got it wrong, though. But that's not Phil's fault in the least.

Nope.. going for the takedown when there's 20 seconds left in the round to score points to game the system, isn't his fault? Him not having killer instinct isn't his fault either? It's clear that he's an athlete in the now sport of MMA.. it's not a fight anymore, it's a sporting competition. 

"Nope.. going for the takedown when there's 20 seconds left in the round to score points to game the system, isn't his fault?"

It's a fault of the judging, more than anything. He isn't unique in that way, either. So to hate on him for that means you should be hating on 80% of MMA fighters that employ that tactic.
Oh i do. And my other points? Phone Post 3.0

Why hate on the fighters and not the judging? Seems a bit backwards, logic-wise. If you fight to win, you do what it takes. Same thing in a street fight, you do what it takes to win. That's just simple survival instincts and tactics.

And yes, it is now a mainstream sporting competition that involves fighting. Money has increased, and college athletes are even more abundant than they were in the past. Nothing surprising, really.

MyUnclesCreepy - This place was a lot better when you were banned Phone Post 3.0
The hundreds of posts, the fighters, all the backing say otherwise.. But hey i guess truth and opinion of the otherside have no place here eh?

And those i called fucktard today, i'm sorry thats the beer talking. Face rvd is kinder :) Phone Post 3.0

BTT-RyannVonDoom -
MyUnclesCreepy - This place was a lot better when you were banned Phone Post 3.0
The hundreds of posts, the fighters, all the backing say otherwise.. But hey i guess truth and opinion of the otherside have no place here eh?

And those i called fucktard today, i'm sorry thats the beer talking. Face rvd is kinder :) Phone Post 3.0
Your acting like Phil doesn't finish when he does. I had Machida winning the fight and I root against him every time he fights. IMO while he finishes fights he is boring to me so I can understand where your coming from about Phil. But don't hate the player hate the game. There needs to be changes in the scoring system but until them this is what you get left with. At least he didn't try to dry hump his way to a win

No need to hate on Phil for doing what he felt he needed to do to win Phone Post 3.0

MyUnclesCreepy -
BTT-RyannVonDoom -

Your acting like Phil doesn't finish when he does. I had Machida winning the fight and I root against him every time he fights. IMO while he finishes fights he is boring to me so I can understand where your coming from about Phil. But don't hate the player hate the game. There needs to be changes in the scoring system but until them this is what you get left with. At least he didn't try to dry hump his way to a win

No need to hate on Phil for doing what he felt he needed to do to win Phone Post 3.0
Nope, he just got out struck and tried to get one takedown a round to win by points and game the system. No worse than guida or benson etc.. But i'm using him as an example of fighter vs athlete... The fighters have killer instinct and go for the finish always, even if they arent successful sometimes.. Athletes go into mma with a different mindset..

See matt brown or wanderlei for the example of fighters opposed to phil davis or rashad evans.. They can finish sure, but tell me there isnt a difference between mindsets and approaches to mma? Phone Post 3.0

IvanNilinNavi - I thought Davis won. Admittedly, I haven't watched or read a description of the fight, but I stand by my opinion.

So which judge were you? Phone Post

Adulterous_Zucchini -

Some of you need to REWATCH the fight. Davis won, get over it.

Lol troll much? Phone Post 3.0

Sure he hasn't KO'd anybody but he has pulled off more than a few sick subs on some solid fighters. Unwarranted hate IMO Phone Post 3.0

StutheJu - Sure he hasn't KO'd anybody but he has pulled off more than a few sick subs on some solid fighters. Unwarranted hate IMO Phone Post 3.0
Two in the ufc. Where it matters. See him vs vinny? Vs rashad? Phone Post 3.0

BTT-RyannVonDoom -
MyUnclesCreepy -
BTT-RyannVonDoom -

Nope, he just got out struck and tried to get one takedown a round to win by points and game the system. No worse than guida or benson etc.. But i'm using him as an example of fighter vs athlete... The fighters have killer instinct and go for the finish always, even if they arent successful sometimes.. Athletes go into mma with a different mindset..

See matt brown or wanderlei for the example of fighters opposed to phil davis or rashad evans.. They can finish sure, but tell me there isnt a difference between mindsets and approaches to mma? Phone Post 3.0
Well a sport is not a fight. Zuffa wanted MMA to be a legitimate sport. Athletes excel in sports which is what MMA has become. So basically you have a problem with MMA, not Phil. Phone Post 3.0