Philip Rivers played with a torn ACL.

Just sayin. You cant compare football to MMA though.

11s gonna 11. Phone Post

your 12ing in 11

i played a full college lacrosse season on a torn ACL... if you have really strong and big legs, you can get by without it... you just have to be careful when you laterally cut... it slipped on me a couple of times and it hurt like a s.o.b

It's one thing to play with an injury in a team sport where the other guys around you are aware of it and can try to help you out. If GSP's knee slipped on him during a fight he would be down on the ground and getting punched in the face before he realized what happened.

Yeah I'm sure GSP would love to put his title and legacy on the line fighting with a torn ACL Phone Post

It's all about the explosion. 

Rivers needed the surgery eventually anyway, but his position (and style of play) doesn't require anywhere near the amount of explosive maneuvers that GSP's style of fighting does. 

There are degrees of injury.. I'm pretty sure your doctor told you it could have been worse. Phone Post

Isn't there a Spurs bball player who plays with no acl / mcl? Phone Post

EnderTL -  There are degrees of injury.  Phone Post

Body Shots -  Isn't there a Spurs bball player who plays with no acl / mcl? Phone Post

DeJuan Blair. Don't know what he's made of, but it isn't human.

KevinMcAllister -
Body Shots -  Isn't there a Spurs bball player who plays with no acl / mcl? Phone Post

DeJuan Blair. Don't know what he's made of, but it isn't human.

. Phone Post

I tore my ACL and it swelled up huge for a long time. I decided to not have surgery and it fucked me up because I wound up spraining my other knee very badly (which started swelling often) because I overcompensated. No way somebody could fight in that condition.

I've completely tore my ACL twice. It sucks. That is all.