Phillies sign Bryce Harper for 13 YEARS!!

YIKES!

The Phillies and outfielder Bryce Harper have agreed to a historic 13-year deal, sources told MLB.com on Thursday afternoon. The deal includes a full-no trade clause and is worth $330 million -- a value that would be the largest contract in MLB and North American pro sports history -- and does not include any opt-outs or deferred money, a source told MLB.com's Mark Feinsand.

The club has not commented.

Harper, 26, is a six-time All-Star and was one of the most prominent free agents in recent years, who was reportedly also pursued by the Dodgers and Giants. San Francisco offered Harper a 10-year deal, while the Dodgers did not offer Harper 10 years, a source told MLB.com's Jon Paul Morosi. His decision ends months of speculation as to which team he would sign with after reportedly turning down an offer from the Nationals, his first and former team.

Bryce Harper deal with Phillies

Wow. Realistically, his stats don't warrant this....good for him I guess,  bad for ticket payers...

Maybe after 5 years the Jays will take over the contract and then pay him to play somewhere else...

RhinoHog -

Maybe after 5 years the Jays will take over the contract and then pay him to play somewhere else...

Haha

$25 million per year, far less (on average) than Arenado just received. He was so determined to get the largest max value ever that he took a loss on a per-season basis.

That will work out about as well as the Angels contract with Albert Pujols. That thing will be an albatross around the team’s neck by the midway point.

no trade, no opt outs… I heard a former GM on espn say this was boras negotiating for himself and being able to brag about having the client with the largest MLB contract in history…

RhinoHog -

Second ha ha! 

Then starts sobbing uncontrollably

AnthonyWeiner - $25 million per year, far less (on average) than Arenado just received. He was so determined to get the largest max value ever that he took a loss on a per-season basis.

Ego is a hell of a drug...

So the contract ends when he is 39? Lol. Great deal for him

Taco Muncher - 
RhinoHog -

Second ha ha! 

Then starts sobbing uncontrollably

Then during spring training 2030 he can hit a chinker 1 ft over the wall and 1 ft fair then dance around the bases like Joe Carter in '93....

Ya cuz there’s so many elite 39 year baseball players. What stupid fuckin deal. So much for collusion 

SubConscience - 

Ya cuz there’s so many elite 39 year baseball players. What stupid fuckin deal. So much for collusion 

White guiltesque maybe......scared of the backlash so they did something retarded to prove nothing is happening....

He’s incredible some years, and other years he’s not. As a Nats fan I wish him the best and hope he strings together a bunch of seasons like 2015 but he’s been inconsistent.

Canooke - He's incredible some years, and other years he's not. As a Nats fan I wish him the best and hope he strings together a bunch of seasons like 2015 but he's been inconsistent.

Incredible 1 year. Above average 1 year, average 1 year, terrible 2 years.....

RhinoHog -
Canooke - He's incredible some years, and other years he's not. As a Nats fan I wish him the best and hope he strings together a bunch of seasons like 2015 but he's been inconsistent.

This exactly and that’s only at the plate. In the field he’s never been above terrible. He’s not even one of the 15-20 best players in the league. He’s easily the most overrated player in baseball. 

Good for him and Boras getting someone to buy the hype. 

VinegarStrokes - 
RhinoHog -

This exactly and that’s only at the plate. In the field he’s never been above terrible. He’s not even one of the 15-20 best players in the league. He’s easily the most overrated player in baseball. 

Good for him and Boras getting someone to buy the hype. 

True enough....missed that.