Pick a team to beat the Jordan, Pippen, Rod Bulls.

Pick your starting 5 to beat the Jordan, Pippen, Rodman Bulls!

Rules - two of your starting 5 can not be all stars.

Go! Phone Post 3.0

Magics 85 Lakers WITH Kareem instead of the 91 version with Floppy Divac

2001 lakers with Alpha prime Shaq Phone Post 3.0

Prince, Air Bud, Jackie Moon, Chip Douglas, Jesus Shuttlesworth Phone Post 3.0

The Jazz of the same era, but with Prime Kareem or Shaq as center. Phone Post 3.0

A 7 game series? Or one game? Phone Post 3.0

2014 spurs

Largest point margin of victory in NBA finals history.

I'm slightly biased though ;) Phone Post 3.0

Bert Macklin - A 7 game series? Or one game? Phone Post 3.0
7 games. Phone Post 3.0

HernanCortes - 2014 spurs

Also had some of the highest field goal percentages in finals history. Phone Post 3.0

Lex_o - 2001 lakers with Alpha prime Shaq Phone Post 3.0

this

I'm not completely crazy by choosing the 2013-2014 Spurs....

Since the advent of the shot clock, the Spurs’ 52.8 field-goal percentage was the best in Finals history, breaking the record of the 1991 Chicago Bulls.

The Spurs' 14.5-point margin of victory was the highest in NBA Finals history.

The 75.8 percent mark is a new NBA record for field-goal percentage in a half

The 118 playoff wins for San Antonio’s Big Three is better than Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Michael Cooper who had 110 with the Los Angeles Lakers. Phone Post 3.0

1987 lakers. no weaknesses at all. magic was at his complete best. 23pt, 12 assists, 7 boards. 

people talk about shooting seasons, byron scott was just off. 48%fg, 43%3pt (from the old school line) 89%ft. and played lockdown defense

kareem still pouring in 17 a game on 56% shooting

ac green with the hustle. worthy.

cooper and mychal thompson off the bench who could both score and defend. that team had it all. powerhouse scoring, tremedous defenders at every position.

big time clutch players. karrem was an mvp and finals mvp, magic, worthy. all big game guys. they beat the bulls. they were tremendously stronger than the bulls at every positiion except 2 guard. however scott is such a shooter that jordan has to stay on him and cannot play the passing lanes.

pippen is a great defender, but he has his hands full with worthy. kareem murders luc longley. magic averages a tripe double against ron harper. rodman is more of a 'legend' than ac green, but green was a tough customer who hit the boards, defended and would have fought rodman for every single board

Magic (All-Star 1) - G
Dell Curry - G
Bird (All-Star 2) - F
Horry - F
Bill Russell (All-Star 3) - C

HernanCortes -
HernanCortes - 2014 spurs

Also had some of the highest field goal percentages in finals history. Phone Post 3.0
VU

Came to say this Phone Post 3.0

93-94 rockets Phone Post 3.0

pharochuck - 
Lex_o - 2001 lakers with Alpha prime Shaq Phone Post 3.0

this

Yup

HernanCortes - 2014 spurs

This or 2001 Lakers would have the best chance.

I truly believe, that in most sports, everyone improves.

But those Bulls were damn good. Way better than their competition at the time no doubt.

That 2001 Laker playoff run was just insane. Shaq was unguardable at a level no one had seen since regular season Wilt.

And I think the level of outside shooting the Spurs had last year would just be too much for any team from prior eras to deal with. You can't trade 2's for 3's.

Pretty sure the correct answer is 'no team ever'.

But I would also take the Spurs or Kobe/Shaq Lakers. Spurs for perfect teamwork, Lakers 'cause Shaq goes right at the Bulls' weakest point and would average 45.

86 Celtics and 87 Lakers were insanely good as well.

It's really just unfair to compare teams from different eras. So many variables.

pharochuck -

1987 lakers. no weaknesses at all. magic was at his complete best. 23pt, 12 assists, 7 boards. 

people talk about shooting seasons, byron scott was just off. 48%fg, 43%3pt (from the old school line) 89%ft. and played lockdown defense

kareem still pouring in 17 a game on 56% shooting

ac green with the hustle. worthy.

cooper and mychal thompson off the bench who could both score and defend. that team had it all. powerhouse scoring, tremedous defenders at every position.

big time clutch players. karrem was an mvp and finals mvp, magic, worthy. all big game guys. they beat the bulls. they were tremendously stronger than the bulls at every positiion except 2 guard. however scott is such a shooter that jordan has to stay on him and cannot play the passing lanes.

pippen is a great defender, but he has his hands full with worthy. kareem murders luc longley. magic averages a tripe double against ron harper. rodman is more of a 'legend' than ac green, but green was a tough customer who hit the boards, defended and would have fought rodman for every single board

Completely agree. VU when i recharge for the excellent breakdown Phone Post 3.0