Pickled Eggs - your recipes!

So a few months ago I made pickled eggs.

When I was done, I put a small bottle of blue food dye in with them.

After a few weeks I noticed the blue colour in the jar was almost clear. So the eggs must be absorbing the food dye.

Then I went and got another bottle of food dye and put it in. After a few more weeks the dark colour was getting opaque again.

So I went and put a 3rd bottle of blue food dye in. After 3 months now I bet those eggs are full of blue food dye. 

I kind of wonder how much they will absorb before they can't anymore?

Also, when you eat an egg packed full of food dye, will you sh*t blue?

In any case, please post your pickled eggs (or anything else) recipe here.

Are pickled eggs different than deviled eggs?  I like deviled eggs.  Mostly, anyways.

Why would you put food coloring in it? I don't believe I've ever tried a pickled egg but I'd be up for it. They might even be good. Now I'm curious and want to try it. I've seen them in dive bars and package stores over the years.

Homeslice - 

Are pickled eggs different than deviled eggs?  I like deviled eggs.  Mostly, anyways.

Yes they are prepared very differently.

headroll - 

Why would you put food coloring in it? I don't believe I've ever tried a pickled egg but I'd be up for it. They might even be good. Now I'm curious and want to try it. I've seen them in dive bars and package stores over the years.

I just wanted to see if the eggs would turn blue and then it go to see how much they could absorb and how deep into the egg in would go.

Dougie - 
Homeslice - 

Dougie is just fuckin around. They are basically identical. Get yourself some and don't even smell it, just pop that bitch down the hatch!

This one is funny.

Dougie -

After a few weeks I noticed the blue colour in the jar was almost clear. So the eggs must be absorbing the food dye.

Then I went and got another bottle of food dye and put it in. After a few more weeks the dark colour was getting opaque again.

So I went and put a 3rd bottle of blue food dye in. After 3 months now I bet those eggs are full of blue food dye. 

Have you tried the jalapeño recipe? What sort of spicy recipes have you tried that are good?

TheVandalz - 
Dougie - 
Homeslice - 

Dougie is just fuckin around. They are basically identical. Get yourself some and don't even smell it, just pop that bitch down the hatch!

Don't listen to Vandalz!

They are not the same thing.

Deviled eggs are different!

headroll - 
Dougie -

Have you tried the jalapeño recipe? What sort of spicy recipes have you tried that are good?

I just did a bland style this time.

I plan on trying to jalapeno one in the summer!

Then I will have them for the winter.

Homeslice -

nope. same exact thing.

Ingredients

2 dozen pickled eggs

1 trash can

Instructions

1) Open trash can

2) Dump pickled eggs in trash

3) Empty trash

Enjoy!

BrckNoHitBk - 
Homeslice -

nope. same exact thing.

Sweet baby jeebus!

NOOOoooOOO!

Curtis_E_Bare - 

Ingredients

2 dozen pickled eggs

1 trash can

Instructions

1) Open trash can

2) Dump pickled eggs in trash

3) Empty trash

Enjoy!

God that sounds horrid. Damn pickled eggs. My partner is Finnish and eats fish in brine in glass jars. Most absolute disgusting thing ever. Not in fillets, just straight up fish in brine with scales and all. They are called rollmops.