Pics of the new guitar

This is one view of the Mystic Black guitar I am building.A Warmoth Guitars Strat style body made of Swamp Ash with a very odd finish. It's green...It's purple!Here it is with a copper foil lining of the pickup and control cavity(standard on all of my guitars).....and here with the pickguard set in place. Seymour Duncan Hot Rails bridge and neck models for screamin' high output stuff with a Cool Rails staggered pole pick up in between to bring out those Strat like "cluck" tones. All mounted on a jen-u-whine Mother of Toilet Seat pickguard. ;)

The reason for the foil should be obvious.

Aliens.

We don't want them to know what we're playing,do we? ;)

Actually the foil is what is known as a Faraday Cage. It is an inclosure of grounded conductive material that provides a shield against RFI or Radio Frequency Interference from amp transformers,video monitors, passing UFOs,etc. Most decent guitars have some kind of shielding, often a coat of black nickle based paint(like Fender) that is grounded with a wire to a volume pot. REALLY GOOD guitars(heh heh) use copper foil with its own path to ground independant of the controls. A mistake many make is to use the ground plane as a convienent ground for pickups and pots. You can actually create a gound loop that can act as an antennae(*sings "I'm on a Mexican radio"*). Just remember if you are shielding your own guitar:

That copper foil (which you can buy through stained glass supply shops or me) is sharp as HELL! I use dowels and tools to press it down in the cavities.

You want to create a SINGLE PATH TO GROUND. This means create a single continuous path from each pot and switch to ground(at the jack). All pickup grounds to back of one pot.

Warmoth necks are in my opinion, the best aftermarket necks available. They come in many widths and headstock shapes, as well as many neck wood/fingerboard combos.

Warmoth necks are available with a bunch of different 18% nickle silver frets(what you are used to) as well as one or two sizes of stainless steel frets. I have played S.S. frets on the Parker Fly guitar, but not on a Warmoth neck. They should last forever, literally.

The tone COULD be a bit brighter, but I had nothing to compare it to, what with the wacky construction of the Parker. S.S. frets could also be tougher on strings, but if they are well polished, I doubt there would be a problem.

Keep in mind that you can have your Strat neck refretted. Usual cost for me to do it runs $200-250.00 depending on a few factors, but it may be cheaper in your area(or not). Of course, you can get a new neck for that much, but after installation,making a nut for it,mounting the tuners,set up(which is included in the refret price) it gets to be quite a lot more.

LOL@ponyboy.

Really nice RX.

Is that the same guitar in each pic? Mystic black changes colour that much?

Yes that is the same guitar, and the pics don't EVEN do justice to the finish. It flips from green to purple to a kind of gold with a hint of green. Completely wild! If you want to see some of this paint, all new design bills have a reflective denomination (10,20,100)near the portrait that is the same paint basically.

If you look at the 3rd pic, it's purple on top and green on the edge.

sweet, very very very cool finish 

*drools*

*offers rustypenny a moist wipe towelette while holding nose*

Nice one!Polyester base coat?

Majic Sam, I'm not sure, you would have to ask the guys at Warmoth as I got this one prefinished from their online showcase.

The Swamp Ash body is really nice for anyone who wants to save weight on a guitar. It sounds really nice but the body weighs like 4 pounds!

It's done!It's done!It's done!

I'll send some pics to DasBeav to host. Damn! Not to toot my own horn too loud, but this thing sounds even better than I thought it would. ;)

That's an awesome finish.