Places to train in Honolulu, HI?

Heading to Waikiki for a wedding this weekend and was wondering what my best bet would be to get some nogi training in while I'm there.

Thank you's in advance bruddahs!

Looks like Island BJJ has a nogi class Wednesday night and then Egan's place has open mat Thursday and Friday night.

I'll have to call Egan's ahead of time and see if it's cool if I don't bring a gi for open mat.

Not in Waikiki but I've visited the Onzuka Bros several times. They are always welcoming and great instructors.

Dude i just came back from my honeymoon and trained all over hawaii, by far my favorite was island jiu jitsu. Jason vigil is the nicest beast ive ever met. Trust me mate he made my holiday so much more memorable. And the students are more then welcoming,i felt like a member of the family straight away. Phone Post 3.0

Be careful. Some places are friendly and others are not. There's a Hawaii ground where you could get more info Phone Post 3.0

Here's a link of me and jason rolling
You can see he's a cool dude. :)

I also trained at maui jiu-jitsu and kona bjj recommend those aswell, but check out island bjj first.

https://youtu.be/X1W6bkdl_RM Phone Post 3.0

If you have a car and some time hit up Mike Fowlers in the North Shore. Well worth the drive to learn from Mike Himself. Try contacting him first because he's been traveling lately. Phone Post 3.0

TristanESP - If you have a car and some time hit up Mike Fowlers in the North Shore. Well worth the drive to learn from Mike Himself. Try contacting him first because he's been traveling lately. Phone Post 3.0

I don't think Mike is teaching anymore.  If you're in Waikiki, the closest is Ronn Shiraki's place, about a half mile away. Jason Vigils place is about two miles away.  I know open mat at 6 at Ronns on Friday nights, can go nogi if you want.  Not sure of Jason's schedule but he seems like a nice guy, I know his instructor well.  

Near most Waikiki hotels...

http://www.ronnshiraki.com/

I've been to the UFC Gym classes with Leandro Nyza while on vacation multiple times before and they were excellent! Nyza is super cool and very technical. He also has some really badass competitors and students under him. Definitely check it out if you have time.

http://teamhk.ning.com/
and
http://www.gracietechnics.com/

Both places are really good. Very welcoming to visitors. Just returned from HNL. Spent the week training at both places. Morning classes at Team HK and evening classes at Gracie Technics.

I did a semester at UH manoa in 2004 and trained on campus at a Rickson affiliate, it was a lot of fun. Romolo Barros ran the program. I doubt it's there anymore but I really liked it, wish I had been taking BJJ seriously then as there's a bunch on Oahu. Phone Post 3.0

cswhitey321 - I did a semester at UH manoa in 2004 and trained on campus at a Rickson affiliate, it was a lot of fun. Romolo Barros ran the program. I doubt it's there anymore but I really liked it, wish I had been taking BJJ seriously then as there's a bunch on Oahu. Phone Post 3.0

Still there, and Romolo still teaching!

Robobear -
cswhitey321 - I did a semester at UH manoa in 2004 and trained on campus at a Rickson affiliate, it was a lot of fun. Romolo Barros ran the program. I doubt it's there anymore but I really liked it, wish I had been taking BJJ seriously then as there's a bunch on Oahu. Phone Post 3.0

Still there, and Romolo still teaching!

Awesome! Phone Post 3.0

Oh wow I'll have to check out Ronn on friday night!

We always rent a car but it's my wife, our 2yr old son and I so I don't wanna have to travel too far. She is Maid of Honor so I can't really stick her with the baby to travel and train all day.

Thank you all very much for your input, I really appreciate it. You guys helped out a lot when I went to Maui last year, too.

JohnnyBrabo - Oh wow I'll have to check out Ronn on friday night!

We always rent a car but it's my wife, our 2yr old son and I so I don't wanna have to travel too far. She is Maid of Honor so I can't really stick her with the baby to travel and train all day.

Thank you all very much for your input, I really appreciate it. You guys helped out a lot when I went to Maui last year, too.

Go to Shiraki's 100%. Jason... Well... No comment. Put it this way, he opened up a school literally 200 feet from another well established school... That's not cool in my book. But to each his own. Phone Post 3.0

JohnnyBrabo - Oh wow I'll have to check out Ronn on friday night!

Ronn not usually there on Friday nights, but Vinny Miller one of his instructors and Reyn Morimoto, a Relson black belt are usually there running the open mat.  Kinda hit and miss on Friday nights.  I actually struggled to round up guys for Tom Lawlor when he came down. Unfortunately I won't be there, gotta work.

I'd recommend Burton Richardson as well.   Incredibly gifted teacher.

4348 Waialae Ave. # 128
Honolulu, Hi 96816
USA * Telephone: 808 864 1620

The Professional - 
JohnnyBrabo - Oh wow I'll have to check out Ronn on friday night!

Go to Shiraki's 100%. Jason... Well... No comment. Put it this way, he opened up a school literally 200 feet from another well established school... That's not cool in my book. But to each his own. Phone Post 3.0

Is that the gym on the second floor near the college? The one with a RVCA banner? I mean the guy Jason's place. Are Ronn and Jason across the street from each other? Seems like there is another school across the street from the RVCA gym. Couldnt really tell though as I didnt go upstairs to look

Make sure that when in HI, you make and maintain eye contact with all the locals. They see it as a sign of respect.