Places to Train in NYC

"www.roninathletics.com"

busy page... what's your style?

If you want BJJ, may I recommend Studio X. Classes are taught by Fabio Clemente and Marcelo Garcia and the average class size is around 25.

www.studioxny.com

www.marcelogarciajj.com

There's also Renzo's in Midtown but it's a bit bigger and more expensive, which sounds like a concern for you.

studioxny? just bjj?

"studioxny? just bjj?"

Yea, it is just BJJ for now. They used to have a kickboxing program but the instructor moved to California. I'm not sure if they're planning on bringing it back, you should contact Fabio if you want to know for sure.

"www.roninathletics.com"

busy page... what's your style?"

my usual answer to this question is always ... TIGER STYLE!!! but seriously, we train stand up/clinch/ground. main focus is BJJ/MMA (more No-Gi classes than Gi) we have Kickboxing (padwork/conditioning) classes and also MMA & Kickboxing sparring classes for more experienced practicioners.

are you having trouble accessing the website?? please let me know if there are any problems. you can reach me directly with any questions at: info@roninathletics.com

"Christian, did the guy from Holland ever come back to your school?"

yeah, he actually dropped by to say hello last night and sat in on another BJJ class. got to introduce him to some of my guys who i hope to have compete in the near future. hopefully set up some good training/sparring for them while he's still in town (he's a good fit since they are much taller than me :)

ttt for 'tarp in the park'....

Is that a pic of Carmine rolling with a chick? I'm jealous!

gets ready to be flamed about how he's the reason women are scared to train with guys

:)

NY Sanda & Straight Blast is prolly your best bets. I went to main Straight Blast in Portland, Oregon for a few years in the Late 90's; don't see Matt and them associating with anything other than quality. However i hardly train anymore due to NYC prices. How much is Renzo again? =)

however.. TARP IN THE PARK is free! =)

The Rev Moon cult place is www.manhattanmma.com I think? He used to list his styles as "Rickson Gracie Jujitsu" and "Moey Thai" (I kid you not). I guess he dropped the Rickson thing, maybe someone found out? The "Tong Il Moo Do" thing is hidden in there pretty well, but it's there

Fightergrl - there's a couple girls training at Ronin. I've been out with an injury but once I am 100% I'm there most of the time. All the guys are really nice and welcoming anyway, and good training partners.

Plus all the Red Hot Chilli Peppers you could ever want to listen to during open mat. You can't go wrong there.

Wherever you end up training , it will be good for the sport, we need more women in our sport

craziness...

only prob with all these suggestions is that when you call, they refuse to tell you how much it costs..you have to go in to find out.

bastards! ;)

our rates are on our web site under the FAQ....

lkfmd,

How much are your Jiu Jitsu only memberships? the site doesn't say. Thanks!

BJJ only, $120 per month, or $600 if you pay 6 months up front....

thanks!

no problem, Carmine is (IMO) a great instructor and guys from his other locations come in to roll as well, so it's a good vibe

Or maybe this place called Staten Island...

Is that a real place... ;)

Renzo's academy has muy thai, capoera and (of course) bjj.

Kyra Gracie teaches the women's classes and you're always welcome to train with the boys.

ttt