Plane Crew Refuses to Believe Black Woman is a MD

I believe it. My wife is the head of R&D at her firm which requires travel. Her name is such that no race or gender can be discerned from it. She's a white woman.

She'll travel with her employees to different places, and almost always the other execs she meets with are men and 90% of the time they end up taking for granted that one of the men in her group must be the boss. Worse yet, even once things are cleared up, some folks continue to focus their questions and comments to the men with her rather than her, like she's a figurehead and they are the brains or something.

She's well educated, in charge, and not soft spoken and still gets that treatment. I can't imagine how she'd be treated if she were also a minority.

that's just sad. this lady should be fired. you ask for help but then when somebody trys to help you want to fucking integrate them. they are lucky this person didn't die because this dumb bitch didn't let this lady help

Just couldn't wait to get home and fire off that old blog post of being offended. "To my non medical peeps"...... Definitely doctor talk. Phone Post 3.0

Ryazzo - But serious, this reminds me of the story thats been all over the news about the black kid who was a fake doctor and tricked all those people.

The 18 year old opened the New Birth New Life Holistic and Alternative Medical Center and Urgent Care at 4700 N. Congress Ave. in West Palm Beach.

Love-Robinson is the same teen caught in January 2015 masquerading as a doctor at St. Mary's Medical Center, peeking in on gynecology exams and keeping a wardrobe of lab coats inside his car.

sacredhate - I believe it. My wife is the head of R&D at her firm which requires travel. Her name is such that no race or gender can be discerned from it. She's a white woman.

She'll travel with her employees to different places, and almost always the other execs she meets with are men and 90% of the time they end up taking for granted that one of the men in her group must be the boss. Worse yet, even once things are cleared up, some folks continue to focus their questions and comments to the men with her rather than her, like she's a figurehead and they are the brains or something.

She's well educated, in charge, and not soft spoken and still gets that treatment. I can't imagine how she'd be treated if she were also a minority.

Many many women are consistently taken seriously by their colleagues and business partners. If yours is consistently not taken seriously, perhaps it's time she introspected rather than pointing the finger at everyone else for her own issue.

Card -
Ryazzo - But serious, this reminds me of the story thats been all over the news about the black kid who was a fake doctor and tricked all those people.

The 18 year old opened the New Birth New Life Holistic and Alternative Medical Center and Urgent Care at 4700 N. Congress Ave. in West Palm Beach.

Love-Robinson is the same teen caught in January 2015 masquerading as a doctor at St. Mary's Medical Center, peeking in on gynecology exams and keeping a wardrobe of lab coats inside his car.

Lol at this moron peeking into ob gyn exams. Phone Post 3.0

"oh no sweetie put ur hand down, we are looking for actual physicians or nurses or some type of medical personnel, we don't have time to talk to you" I tried to inform her that I was a physician but I was continually cut off by condescending remarks."

"no sweetie" "we are looking for 'actual' physicians"

This never happened. It's another BLM shill trying to spin the false narrative of epidemic, disastrous racial hate and discrimination against the poor, innocent black community.

But wait, there's more! The woman is really a doctor! What racism!!! A millionaire (she's not yet, because she's just starting out, but she'll be a millionaire soon), with the most respected job title in the entire country is a victim of institutional racism. /sarcasm

Sounds like a shakedown Phone Post 3.0

baj54 - It is not out of the ordinary for flight crews to refuse help from passengers unless the pilot authorizes it. Even then it has to be an absolute necessity. How would you feel if the company in charge of your loved ones safety decides it's okay to allow a complete stranger to perform medical treatment incorrectly and that person dies? Who is at fault? The doctor, the airlines? Phone Post 3.0

This.

A person walks up and says, "I'm a doctor". Do you just believe them and let them do whatever they want now?

A few questions would need to be asked before a stranger who claims to be a doctor should be allowed to help: 

What type of doctor? What training gave you had? Are you currently under investigation for malparactice? Are you certified in emergency medicine? Will you sign this waiver that you assume all liability and resposibility from the airline and its employees for any actions you take trying to save the patients life? 

If an airline allowed anyone who claimed they were a doctor to jump in at any time there was a medical emergency, they would face a huge liability if that doctor made a mistake and cause further hard to the patient. 

I would also think a doctor would understand these issues from their work and training, and not make a big fucking deal about it and cry racism that they were not allowed to get their "heal on" because they were black.

I am going to tell my doctor from now on when he walks in the room to loudly exclaim " Ima get my heal on!". Thst sound pretty cool.

sacredhate - I believe it. My wife is the head of R&D at her firm which requires travel. Her name is such that no race or gender can be discerned from it. She's a white woman.

How interesting that this is happening to your wife.

I worked in upper management in very big, multinational corporations for the majority of my adult life and saw women in positions of equal or higher authority than me all the time. Women who were respected for the results they achieved and for their leadership.

99% of people are blind to their own faults. When they get passed over for a promotion or "shorted" in any way, they prefer to blame "racism" or "sexism" etc. instead of taking responsibility for their own performance.

"oh no sweetie put ur hand down, we are looking for actual physicians or nurses or some type of medical personnel, we don't have time to talk to you" I tried to inform her that I was a physician but I was continually cut off by condescending remarks."

"no sweetie" "we are looking for 'actual' physicians"

Not saying this story is false, but I've never heard anyone use language like that in an actual conversation with an adult.

Chocolate Shatner -
White347LX - Her story is compelling. No way anyone just thought, "oh she's a black woman so there's no way she's a doctor." There has to be more to it, like she was dressed like a retard, drunk, something.

Why?

I'm a white male married to a black woman for the past 16 years. I've personally witnessed multiple times when my wife's been disregarded because of her race.

The best was when she was a figure skating coach in South Carolina. I was there (I don't skate, I was just hanging out), and someone calls. She talks with them, sets an appointment for a prospective student to come in and talk with her in about an hour.

An hour comes, and my wife's waiting, at the front counter, in her coach's outfit with her name on her jacket. A woman walks in, looks directly at my wife, walks past her and approaches the skate rental person on duty, asking for my wife by first name. The employee points my wife out, and the person's response was, "Oh no dear, I mean the one who's the figure skating coach, not her."

"K*** is the figure skating coach," the counter guy says. The person's shocked, and refuses to believe that my wife can actually skate, even though she's in her coaching gear, in her fucking figure skates even.

So yes, that shit happens.

Bro, you made that up. Racism doesn't exist in America. Just ask Travenbjj and all the other right wing OG-tards. Phone Post 3.0

No racism - nothing to see here. Libtards MUST inject it into every event and discussion. Just another day in Narnia.

Says more about the sky waitress than anything. Terrible that this woman wants to help and the waitress is an idiot. Phone Post 3.0

ryans - 

Many many women are consistently taken seriously by their colleagues and business partners. If yours is consistently not taken seriously, perhaps it's time she introspected rather than pointing the finger at everyone else for her own issue.

Her company holds contracts with the american military, as one example, if you don't think that's a bit of a boys club, you're a fool.

facing discrimination/sexism doesn't mean losing to it clown. In every instance those people end up having to swallow their sexism at some point and my wife does just fine. try travelling to some different countries and see if you don't ever face some sort of discrimination.

Drunkie -

that's just sad. this lady should be fired. you ask for help but then when somebody trys to help you want to fucking integrate them. they are lucky this person didn't die because this dumb bitch didn't let this lady help

Integrate huh????

Lol

Maybe if they INTEGRATED better, this whole thing would not have happened Phone Post 3.0

I 100% believe racism exists and racial bias is a real problem black people deal with from time to time. I don't blame them for being extra sensitive about it, even to the point where I completely understand how sometimes they might see racial bias where it doesn't exist.

So, now that we got that out of the way, this story has nothing to do with "not believing racism exists". The story sounds like a completely made up story. First, it doesn't make sense. No one talks like that to another adult. The ONLY source for the story is her Facebook post. No news coverage at all. In this political environment msnbc would be all over this in a heartbeat. There would be witnesses. There would probably be lawsuits. I'm sure the dude that supposedly almost died would have something to say. There would be Delta PR people doing damage control. This would be a big deal. But the only source is her facebook. That's it.

This didn't happen. Phone Post 3.0

How she looks on her Facebook page is irrelevant. It's the story and the lack of witnesses that make me think this is bullshit. Phone Post 3.0

Drunkie -

What was wrong with the patient? According to you they were about to die so why don't you give us a report of what really happened that day. Since you know.