Planning a Trip to Jamaica TME

The girlfriend and I are looking into a vacation at a Couples resort in Jamaica. If we go in the off season to save some money do we risk more rain than sun? Is it worth paying the money to go January - March?

Any advice you offer on planning a trip to Jamaica will be appreciated.

Wife and I got married at Sandals in MoBay in April of '06 (4/20, ironically). We were there for eight days for about $5k. Greatest trip of our lives! <br />It's a 5-star all-inclusive, so you don't pay/tip for anything other than off site trips and souvenirs. Great food, premium booze and all water sports are included. They also have swim bars, piano bars, and food huts where you can get something to eat pretty much 24/7. <br />LMK if you have any more questions and I'll do my best to answer.

*Edited to April.

NHB_Hipster - Wife and I got married at Sandals in MoBay in April of '06 (4/20, ironically). We were there for eight days for about $5k. Greatest trip of our lives! <br />It's a 5-star all-inclusive, so you don't pay/tip for anything other than off site trips and souvenirs. Great food, premium booze and all water sports are included. They also have swim bars, piano bars, and food huts where you can get something to eat pretty much 24/7. <br />LMK if you have any more questions and I'll do my best to answer.

What's the weather like in April? We were thinking of going late April or late August.

Perfect. It only rained on us once, and that a very light sprinkle for about half an hour.

Oh and the resort has Red Stripe in tap, and they hand out bottles of Appleton rum like Halloween candy to their guests. Be prepared so sit in the sun and drink all day and pass out by 10 PM!

I've been to the Carribean 5 times and Jamaica was my least favorite of any of the trips. The food was good, but other than that we didnt love it.

Went on a cruise where one of the stops was Jamaica. Incredibly beautiful from the ship, incredible shit hole off the ship.

To be fair we weren't at a resort. I'd say it's probably pretty nice there. Phone Post 3.0

I got married at Couples Negril. Stayed for a week, all inclusive so I had a pia colada in one hand and a red stripe in the other the entire time. Definitely go to dunns falls with your group, but it's probably a good idea to be at the resort when the sun sets.

Got a half of ganja for FOUR DOLLARS on the trip from the airport to the resort. Phone Post 3.0

Its fun, weeds cheap, locals are pushy but nice. Its a great time honestly. I went in January right after new years and got a great price. It was on the 11th. Weather was great it was sunny and clear skies except for one day that I was there where there was light rain.

I got an ounce of hash for 10$
Over an ounce of weed for 20$
Had a good time Phone Post

Is buying ganja risky for a tourist?

Rantuckjr - I've been to the Carribean 5 times and Jamaica was my least favorite of any of the trips. The food was good, but other than that we didnt love it.
This, but only three times. We went to Montego Bay, and I was not impressed. I enjoy traveling and do it a lot; However, I will not be returning to Jamaica. Phone Post 3.0

dustynothing - The girlfriend and I are looking into a vacation at a Couples resort in Jamaica. If we go in the off season to save some money do we risk more rain than sun? Is it worth paying the money to go January - March?

January to March is not the offseason, it is the most expensive season. I leave for Jamaica on Thursday. Phone Post 3.0

dustynothing - Is buying ganja risky for a tourist?
Buy it on the resort. Its illegal down there. A kid on the resort that's a waiter will not be setting you up. A kid off the resort on the street will set you up.

That being said I went into a shop, and the owner pulled out a bag of hash and I couldn't say no lol Phone Post

I've been in August...weather was great! Phone Post 3.0

OGTT_RKellyPeedOnMe -
Rantuckjr - I've been to the Carribean 5 times and Jamaica was my least favorite of any of the trips. The food was good, but other than that we didnt love it.
This, but only three times. We went to Montego Bay, and I was not impressed. I enjoy traveling and do it a lot; However, I will not be returning to Jamaica. Phone Post 3.0
We are looking to stay at an all inclusive resort and not spend much time outside of it. Phone Post 3.0

dustynothing -
OGTT_RKellyPeedOnMe -
We are looking to stay at an all inclusive resort and not spend much time outside of it. Phone Post 3.0
Find one with a nice beach Phone Post

We are looking at Couples Swept Away resort. Phone Post 3.0

I'd recommend non all inclusive and even (gasp) to walk around and talk to people

They're a lot cooler when they know all your money isn't being channelled to a big offshore company and you're not a snob (if you're not) Phone Post 3.0

Wes_Mantooth - 
dustynothing - The girlfriend and I are looking into a vacation at a Couples resort in Jamaica. If we go in the off season to save some money do we risk more rain than sun? Is it worth paying the money to go January - March?

January to March is not the offseason, it is the most expensive season. I leave for Jamaica on Thursday. Phone Post 3.0

I think he was saying can he go in the off season, or would it be better to spend the money to go peak season (Jan-Mar).