Plateau

Lately I feel like I just can't put anything together. Can't seem to get my techs to flow and can't seem to do anything right.

Anyone else have this problem while learning?

Many a hand scaled the grand old face of the plateau

Some belonged to strangers, some to folks you know

Holy ghosts and talk show hosts are planted in the sand

To beautify the foothills, and shake the many hands

Nothing on top but a bucket and a mop

And an illustrated book about birds

See a lot up there but don’t be scared

Who needs action when you got words

When you’ve finished with the mop then you can stop

And look at what you’ve done

The plateau’s clean, no dirt to be seen

And the work it took was fun

Many a hand began to scan around for the next plateau

Some say it was greenland, and some say mexico

Others decided it was nowhere except for where they stood

But those were all just guesses, wouldn’t help you if they could

I have no clue what you mean.

Dougie,

ARGHHHHHHHHH, well wrote a ton of stuff hit add msg and due to a error needless to say it didn't go through. Not sure i'm going to write all of that I did before it was a bunch.

Couple of quick questions. How long have you been training and how often do you currently train your regimen? Are you rolling with folks who are extremely past your ability to roll with, are they tons more ahead of the game than you are at currently?
Do you eat good/sleep well? Are you talking about just grappling or both striking and grappling? Do you wear that type of swim stuff in your bio pic cuz if so man i'd hate to see yah at a pool not to mention the thought of grappling with yah. Hahah sorry just messing around bud.

Adaptability and Attitude are a big part of how you'll do in mma, along with work ethic. Couple of suggestions:

If your rolling with folks who are really really good compared to yourself, maybe do it occasionally but drill with those guys more. Do some drills where you have someone work a sub, escape, takedown etc. and who give you moderate resistance while you work on getting down better form/control. Let them give you advice on what to be looking for when they feel they can give you some information which might help at that particular time. As well as you asking them for help/advice to clarify something your having problems with or not sure about. Roll with some guys more your level go 40%-60% with them at times to help you slow down the pace.. gives you more time to see things you might not see when you going at the speeds of 80-90% which you should do with them as well occassionally.

I know I had a ton more things I said the first time I tried to post but i'm tired I guess and its not coming to me. All say more when you answer a few more details about what your training is like. Sure other folks here will help yah a lot too!

AJ

LOL Cannibal

How long have you been training

Just over a year.

how often do you currently train your regiment?

2 to 3 times a week.

Are you rolling with folks who are extremely past your ability to roll with, are they tons more ahead of the game than you are at currently?

Most guys at the club are close to 200lbs plus white belts with the exception of the blue belts and instructor who are 165 to 170.

Do you eat good/sleep well?

No.

Are you talking about just grappling or both striking and grappling?

Grappling.

Do you wear that type of swim stuff in your bio pic

Just the water wings and bathing suit.

Dougie,

Sounds like you just need to keep at it, over a year well is good but not an extremely long time really.
Btw i'm not the most accurate when it comes to spelling so take it with a grain of salt, like up in the above post hehe, I see you rather liked regiment vs regimen haha. Soo how often are you training your ehem regimen?

AJ

Dougie, you know the other day in class i went in thinking that everyone i rolled with was my moms cancer, the first guy i tapped out in 30 seconds with a can opener then went and caught him in a triangle the next time.

i even rolled with a blue belt and almost caught him in an armbar and heard him go "OH SHIT" because i threw it on so fast he wasn't expecting it.

i have only been training BJJ for about 3 months now so trust me i know frustsrations on the mat and plateaus.

TT

I should have wrtten week instead of year. LOL!

I dunno, I know most guys in the club weight more and are stronger but I used to be better at this and lately it just seems I am falling apart.

I e-mailed za mario and he told me to stop thinking about it so much and just get on the mat.

Thanx all.