Playing SB on the Bubble in a SnG

Hey guys, I was hoping you all could help me with how to play from the Small Blind in a SnG, when there are only four players left (top three are in the money). Specifically when you have a middle to lower stack size at the table, and the action has been folded around to you so it's just down to the blinds.

Part of me says to play this in the same way as if I was in the small blind and playing heads up. When heads up in such a possition I'll call with any playable hand, I'll raise with my larger hands, and I'll only lay down my very lowest of hands (if I have a large enough chip lead I'll even call with these often enough).

However, this situation is obviously different b/c we're on the bubble so nobody is in the money yet and thus part of me says not to play it like I'm heads up but instead to play it fairly tightly unless I have a large hand.

Usually by this point in the game the blinds are about 100-200 or higher (players started with 1500) so the blinds are nice to steal, but b/c of the lower chip stack in such a situation I'd rather not risk a chunk of my stack that'd help get eliminated on the bubble. I see the point that getting 3-to-1 odds is nice on your call, but after a couple of calls with nothing to show for it, it can deffinitely add up. (Perhaps I need to work on my post-flop play on the bubble also, but that's for a different thread).

Generally, if I don't make it in the money, then I tend to get knocked out in fourth place more then any other position, so I feel like I'm playing good for this level SnG (VERY low limit), but I really feel that being in the SB on the bubble is one of the places where I have a lot of room for improvement so that I can start turning more of those fourth place finishes into 2nd or 3rd place finishes; and eventually move up to higher level SnG

C'mon, someone on here has got to have some advice on how to play the small blind late in a SnG. I'm playing one right now and it's the same situation all over again

Damn, got knocked out in third. I actually built up a nice chip stack but lost almost all of it when I flopped a pair a kings with jack kicker from the bit blind, and the small blind who had been playing way too aggressively and had been bluffing constantly flopped two pair

i imagine the answer should be "it depends"

on blind size relative to your stack, number of players in the hand, aggressiveness of other players

Damn, got knocked out in third. I actually built up a nice chip stack but lost almost all of it when I flopped a pair a kings with jack kicker from the bit blind, and the small blind who had been playing way too aggressively and had been bluffing constantly flopped two pair

Just out of idle curiosity and not-because-the-same-hand-in-reverse-happened-to-me-in-the-same-situation-last-night, what site was this on?

ttt for later.

Steve72, it was on Ultimate Bet. I actually wouldn't mind as much if it was a fellow forum member who did it to me. It's just when it's someone you don't know who started playing way to aggressive and constantly bluffing but finally got a real hand, that's when it burns a bit more cause it leaves that 'why me?' thought. Oh well

Nope. Wasn't me.

I know what you mean. It sucks when you finally pick your spot, and you pick exactly wrong.

unless the blinds are huge relative to my stack i like to limp

Get Harrington on Holdem Vol 2.

It is dedicated to the later stages of a tournament.

push allin w/Q8 or better IMO