Playstation 3 class action settlement

...for those who bought the fat PS3 & had the Other OS function bricked by an update. "Up to $65" is what you get. Couldn't find any info on what mitigates the "up to" part, but here you go regardless:

http://www.otherossettlement.com/

^This is an 8 year old lawsuit that is just now winding down. Your choice to jailbreak or when won't impact whether you're eligible for the money.

It's $65 if you can prove you had the PS3 and used a Linux OS during that time. Otherwise it's $9 if you can just prove you had the PS3.

And I don't think the settlement got approved by the judge yet.

Lol I went through several PS3s. Got the PS4 on the first day and it still runs perfectly 

LotionInTheBasket -

It's $65 if you can prove you had the PS3 and used a Linux OS during that time. Otherwise it's $9 if you can just prove you had the PS3.

Yeah gather up those 9 year old screenshots you took of Linux booting!

jackbone -
LotionInTheBasket -

Yeah gather up those 9 year old screenshots you took of Linux booting!

Exactly. It's a shit settlement, but I guess the people filing the suit decided to settle for this because the suit was already dismissed once.

Dey took r Linux!!!!

Interesting. Mine bricked way out of warranty while updating and I called Sony, explained that the update wasn't something I needed, or wanted and that it was forced on me. They sent me a refurbished unit and it's been working ever since.