Please cut Roy Nelson.

He is a punching bag against the top guys. He can go to 205 but he doesn't dedicate himself.

If he wont go to 205 then cut him.

He needs to re-invent himself like Mir himself did after getting gang raped by brock and carwin.

I gotta hand it to him he did it and so can roy.

If UFC incorporates the Strikeforce heavyweights into their HW division then maybe they can afford to cut him. I'd be fine with that.

He needs to get with a legit team, or he will continue to get wrecked. He belongs in the UFC but seems as if he doesn't take training serious. Floats by on his toughness. Phone Post

Roy is doing himself a huge disservice by not cutting weight. I don't know that he needs to go to 205, but he does need to drop at least 30 pounds. He could have won tonight if he was in shape. But, Roy is in denial, so he most likely won't.

he broke Mirs jaw

nogblublt -  He needs to get with a legit team, or he will continue to get wrecked. He belongs in the UFC but seems as if he doesn't take training serious. Floats by on his toughness. Phone Post

Agree.  The build up shows had him rolling on some mats in a basement and riding a stationary bike down there.  

FreakDaddy - Roy is doing himself a huge disservice by not cutting weight. I don't know that he needs to go to 205, but he does need to drop at least 30 pounds. He could have won tonight if he was in shape. But, Roy is in denial, so he most likely won't.

Good post and I agree. Not 205 but at least drop 30-40 pounds and could be pretty legit again.

Did anyone see the MIR vs Nelson grappling match, he moved pretty good there anyone know what he weighed then?

nobones - 
crazydave - He is a punching bag against the top guys. He can go to 205 but he doesn't dedicate himself.

If he wont go to 205 then cut him.
he's becoming a journey man.  he obviously doesn't have the strength or speed to compete with the elite HWs.  His technique is good but not good enough to compensate against guys with good technique and great strength and/or speed.  I'd like to see him in Strikeforce to see how he stacks up.  I don't see him being able to get down to LHW any time soon but he definitely either needs to gain lots of strength or lose some weight so he can be more explosive and faster.

Solid post.

He also got dominated on the ground by Mir which was surprising.

TopGrinder -  ROY NELSON VS Brett Rogers, make it happen

That would be a good match.

Cindy

CindyO - 
TopGrinder -  ROY NELSON VS Brett Rogers, make it happen

That would be a good match.

Cindy

He needs to go to a camp that has good heavyweights, strikers, wrestlers, bjj guys and start actually training. He says all this shit about Mir being able to afford to train and shit. I guarantee Roy makes more than enough money to train wherever he wants, he just seems stubborn to me. Training in a basement vs training with a top camp and possibly becoming a legit contender. Hmmm hard decision to make. Phone Post

CUT Nelson? GIVE ME A FREAKIN BREAK....

He BEAT Schaub....do you want to cut Schaub too?
He BEAT Struve
and he took JDS to a decision

He lost to Mir but broke his jaw and ribs.

Should he cut down to 205, absolutely. Should the UFC cut him? No FKG WAY.

I don't even think it's as drastic as people are making it out to be. Nelson could cut 25 lbs of fat and put on a measley 10 lbs of muscle, and if he actually took his training camp seriously he could be great.

You can still be fat and be somewhat prepared.  Nelson looked not just fat, but unprepared...which is sad.  I say he loses 20-25, adds 10 of muscle, and actually takes his training camp seriously and he finishes the fight he just lost.

It's not like he's going to be too small for HW at that point, or have to fundamentally change in his game due to a change in his body type... I mean the guy would still be around 250. 

marketinghelp2 - CUT Nelson? GIVE ME A FREAKIN BREAK....

He BEAT Schaub....do you want to cut Schaub too?
He BEAT Struve
and he took JDS to a decision

He lost to Mir but broke his jaw and ribs.

Should he cut down to 205, absolutely. Should the UFC cut him? No FKG WAY.

I disagree 100%. Yes Roy is a good fighter and better than a lot of the heavyweights. However, Roy's natural class is LHW if not middleweight but because of laziness he fights outside of his class and makes the UFC as well as MMA look bad in the process. He should be embarrassed by this performance. But he doesn't care. Dana absolutely should give him the option to either get in shape and fight at 205, or find another job.

spliff - he broke Mirs jaw

i dont know your source for this info but if its true it most likely came from wall n stalling with his forhead firmly planted in mirs jawline. definately not from a punch i saw.

If he broke Mir's Jaw, Mir's jaw is made of weak sauce

Only man to go the distance with JDS, one of the few to do so with Mir.

Sure he was beat decisively in both, but what many would consider "much superior" fighters have fallen to both men in worse ways.

Keep him around i say.

there's nothing wrong with Nelson, he just had a bad night.. he's a legit HW, f@ck this pussyass weight cutting thing

He needs to step it up, but he's got mad potential.