PLEASE HELP ME - WE ARE ON OUR WAY!!

Please read my blog http://mmamyway.tumblr.com/.  Today is day ONE blog of my mission to legalize MMA.  Armed with knowledge, MPs, Lawyers, and an ok rack READ HERE: http://bit.ly/bMYVmQ

I was told this morning by the honorable Dean Del Mastros office to have petitions be the beginning....but they have to be written a certain way - no electronics.  I really believe that this law could be changed.  Apparently it is sanctionable right now with permission, but if we can get a few words changed with a bill it will be legal here in Ontario...and everywhere else in Canada.  I AM BEGGING you to help me.  This is going to be a long nine months. ....... but totally worth it!  I have lawyers and policitcal friends backing me ...but I need everyones help!!

This chicita can't do everything by herself :) 

Cheers

that is so hot !!

I applaud your effort, but I don't believe it will work.

Good luck to you. I really hope this works. Also, there are others in Canada working toward the same goal, hopefully you can somewhat join forces with them.

Hey Mike - it only takes one ticket to win the lottery - whos' to say it won't take one ambitious girl to change the criminal code?

I have lots of notables and people behind me - stay positive with me!! I am headed to the rally next weekend - watch for and sign my petitions!!! Apparently the Federal Government is VERY sticky on what counts as a valuid petition so I will bring copies to give out to anyone who wants to take them home and get friends and shops to sign!

this: http://mmamyway.tumblr.com/ is my holy-shit-we-did-it face that I am keeping on me at all times to stay focused and excited.  It's also the link to my 270 days to Legalize MMA Blog.

Any assistance that anyone can provide by way of advice or petitions would be great.  My lawyer is pretty all over it.  Today I willb e mailing 'the letter' - exciting.  I also am going ot get started on my list of 307 Parliament Members - one of them will want to help me expedite my Bill.  I just gotta fins that one!!

bravo13 - Good luck to you. I really hope this works. Also, there are others in Canada working toward the same goal, hopefully you can somewhat join forces with them.

I'm trying - and thanks to everyone for the encouragement! 

ftrflygrly -  Hey Mike - it only takes one ticket to win the lottery - whos' to say it won't take one ambitious girl to change the criminal code?

I have lots of notables and people behind me - stay positive with me!! I am headed to the rally next weekend - watch for and sign my petitions!!! Apparently the Federal Government is VERY sticky on what counts as a valuid petition so I will bring copies to give out to anyone who wants to take them home and get friends and shops to sign!

this: http://mmamyway.tumblr.com/ is my holy-shit-we-did-it face that I am keeping on me at all times to stay focused and excited.  It's also the link to my 270 days to Legalize MMA Blog.

Any assistance that anyone can provide by way of advice or petitions would be great.  My lawyer is pretty all over it.  Today I willb e mailing 'the letter' - exciting.  I also am going ot get started on my list of 307 Parliament Members - one of them will want to help me expedite my Bill.  I just gotta fins that one!!
I only say that because people have tried in vain to do what you are doing for years. Ask Showdown Joe and Marco Antico or any of the other scores of fans like yourself who have shown the same initiative.

The province is meeting behind closed doors with at least one group that I'm aware of on top of the UFC's provincial and federal lobbyists.

I'm not trying to burst your bubble, I'm just giving you the facts of the situation. You don't have to take my word for it. I'm just a TUF newb.

Look at how many FB groups have petitions.

Here's mine:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=51450181939&ref=ts

Any chance all the petitions can be presented at once? It would be a big show of solidarity in the mma community.

I'm afraid in the end all the hard work by different groups and people will have little effect in the long run.

Zuffa will get it licensed and we will have them with a monopoly here in Ontario just like in Quebec. We will need to kiss ass and pay off Zuffa in order to do MMA events in Ontario.

The politicians will get their dirt money and Zuffa will soak every nickel they can out of Ontario fans.

IMO

Good Luck!!! Its gonna happen sooner or later.

Hessian - I'm afraid in the end all the hard work by different groups and people will have little effect in the long run.

Zuffa will get it licensed and we will have them with a monopoly here in Ontario just like in Quebec. We will need to kiss ass and pay off Zuffa in order to do MMA events in Ontario.

The politicians will get their dirt money and Zuffa will soak every nickel they can out of Ontario fans.

IMO
Oh don't be angry guy! I'm here to help!

^^ who dat Dougie?

Hayashi.

bravo13 - Any chance all the petitions can be presented at once? It would be a big show of solidarity in the mma community.

Hopefully that is the idea.  I have asked everyone to mail me their petitions.  The only problem is that in order for the Federal Government to look at a petition as a 'legal petition' it has to have a name, signature AND an address.  Electronic petitions such as facebook, etc., don't count :(  Of course, because making everything ridiculous is what they get paid for!!  I would be ever grateful if everyone would mail them to me....even its' photocopies. :)  I know everyone has tried before me, but a member of parliament told me that everyone wants to sanction fights, or change the laws strictly with petitions etc. Apparently there are steps to be taken, and someone has to slowley but surely see it through with each step.....that is where this gal comes in :) Hopefully by jumping through each hoop I can hopefully make some sort of difference.  You can see if I am getting anywhere here: http://www.mmamyway.tumblr.com.  Hopefully Shodown Joe and Mauro will come be witnesses for me if the bill gets to reading ..... but I gotta get them to notice me first!!  [Sigh......if I have to resort to flirty pictures....lol]

Is there any truth to the rumor that amateur MMA has been legalized in Ontario and this rally is where the announcement is going to take place?

Has anyone else heard this????

Mike Russell -  Hayashi.

I pictured him as a old old man with a walker, someone who had problems doing more then one event a month let alone a weekend.

He looks like a healthy guy, I guess it has just been laziness in doing his job.

slixtr - Is there any truth to the rumor that amateur MMA has been legalized in Ontario and this rally is where the announcement is going to take place?

Has anyone else heard this????

where did you hear this??

email me and I would be happy to discuss this with you

rbeaupit@cogeco.ca