PLEASE HELP!!!

yeah he can weight cut..... but it sounds like he generally wants to lose weight.

Cut head and arms in a big plastic bag and go sit in a sauna or train while wearing the bag, this will help you lose weight very quickly, and feel shit at the same time, I know i've been there :|

What are the weights at differnet events that you want to fight at? Be good for fighters if they all had the same weight divissions!

I want under 77 MMA
and 76kg for kickboxing.

I am trying to lose weight byron is correct. I was 75/76 about two months ago.. dont know what happened.. walked past to many gyms I guess.

Why ya wanna loose weight?? You wanna put it on IMO to fight at 77

Higgins strolls at 85min with similar body fat% Matt HUGHES often gets very close to 90kg and then cuts to 77kg

Justin

Ben,

Get the book "A Season On the Mat", its about Dan Gable's last season
with the Iowa Hawkeyes, you will be shocked at the sort of weight
these guys cut before their matches.

Sorry to bring Boxing in to this but Kostya also pulls 10kgs off to fight.

Justin can you give him any tips on how to do it?

"Sorry to bring Boxing in to this but Kostya also pulls 10kgs off to fight.
Justin can you give him any tips on how to do it?"

Well I have heard of various means of dehydrating , however, "pulling off 10kg" is quite extreme most people chose to lose water and not semen ;)

Justin

Ben,

I know you've had a knee injury and that probably doesn't help with weight loss (understatement).

For mine, running and lots of it will get weight off quickly and easily. I was doing so much treadmill and rowing coming into my last match, I had to overeat to maintain fight weight and could have dropped a division if I had dieted/stripped. I was literally eating whole pizza's some nights after training and was still sub 10% body fat at 97kg.

I can send you the program I used if you like?

Email me at geraldbb@hotmail.com, I have a 9 page document by Chris Brennan that has some good advice for fighter's looking to drop weight. I will mail it to you.

Kind Regards

Gerald.

If Hughes pulls of over 20 kgs to fight at 77kgs why is a boxer who pulls of 10kgs to fight at low to mid 60's extreme???

Hughes cuts weight kostya "Pulls it off"

Justin

Have heard Kostya say on different occassions he can lose up to 10kgs in a single training session. I belive Kostya steps in the ring about 6 to 8 kgs heavier than his weigh in.

Justin did you mean what Kostya does is extreme?
Because looks like what ever he does seems to work really really well for him.
Would be worth losing a little seamen to hold 3 REAL world titles at the same time i would have thought!
It might be extreme but then again to hold 3 REAL world titles while fighting the best fighters in the divission in the world might mean you need to do extreme things!
And to still be able to fight 12x3 (36 minutes)mins rounds he must do it in a good way.

Anyway Justin do you have any tips you can give Ben?

Frusemide.

Dogmeat, just to clarify my HUGHES comment. he has been known to weigh over 90kg. I didn't mean he is dehydrating 13kg +

Think when he fought HASEMANE he was 92kg.

Dan TOOLE was telling me tales of Olympians who are literally carried to and from the scales and then put on a drip post weigh in!

Justin

Do you find the average local fighter is that interested in having to cut that sort of weight and putting in the effort invloved in doing this (considering most work full time and train part time?) or are most just happy to get fit and get in and have ago?

Keats,

It's really interesting here, different athletes put in different efforts.

Cutting is a science and basically it ensures that you are stacking the deack in your own favour. Some eg's that I can bring to mind.

Sam NEST walks around circa 88-90kg and should fight at 84kg, however, he chooses not too. I really believe there are guys within the MW division that would manhandle him from a physical perspective. I do believe that to suceed internationally he would have to go 185 as the LHW'S are walking aroun 220lb.

Diego SANCHEZ walks heavier than Sam and fights as a WW (170lb), VILLASENOR likewise, however, he cuts to 185lb.

Chris HASEMAN and I discussed this at length and he himself thought that he would consider 185lb, although he would be really pushed to make it. Look at TANNER he used to walk and fight at 200lb until he went to QUEST and got the wrestling cut 101 from the boys there.

At the end of the day it is easier to be the big fish in the little pond.

At a lower end perspective I have pushed people like cade BROWN to 60kg (walks 68kg) and also Art MURRIE to 65 v GILLY. The boys at intergrated do this well and have the fortune of Tony GREEN and his bodybuilding and also danny getting MEGA knowledge from camp JACKSON.

On Danny.... He cuts from about 83-86 to 77kg and did he not have such a big ass and legs would probably go 155/70. When I met Roberto TRAVEN he was about 89kg max and circa 6-10%, however, he thought he couldn't cut to 84 as he was so lean. It is funny that some of the best credentialled athletes still have relwatively little of an idea re dehydrating.

For NEST or TRAVEN at 89kg we are talking 5kg which is um arrrr calculator??????????? 8.9 is 10% and 4.5 is 5%, so just over 5%. easy peasy IMO.

Just my 2c

Justin

So I suppose the next question is the 1st question and what do they do to cut weight saftely?

Also Justin what weight would a guy like Danny get in the ring at?

"its about Dan Gable's last season with the Iowa Hawkeyes"

w00t, my cousin played for them. I love unrelated posting!

Guys,

I could be wrong here but...... (looks to Keats etc for verification).......

I remember being told that many Brain injuries sustained in Boxing, are due to the excessive dehydration required for fighters to make weight, and that the Brain Sac is one of the last places the body rehydrates once fluids are restored.

This combination added to excessive brain trauma, makes fighters susceptible to serious injury or death.

Wouldn't be a factor in Wrestling, as there is little Brain trauma when compared to Boxing?

Worth considering for MMA though???

Kind Regards

Gerald.

If you're doing a lot of resistance training and you build muscle easily you will always gain weight. I don't know what your fitness regime is but you could reduce some of your resistance training and focus more on endurance and CV. All very basic ideas and it will depend on how you apply it.

Byron was right about your stats, 7% body fat is fine. Don't kill yourself to drop some weight.

If all else fails buy Cosmo or Elle, I hear they work wonders for the ladies. :o)

• Adam.

Start banging weights like a mad man, up your caloric intake and fight at a mans weight :)

the rev