Please post ECC results.

If anyone hears the results please post them.

Thanks

Not until tomorrow night.

does some pushups

I believe all fighters made weight with the exception of Jenna King who was 2-3lbs over but the fight will still happen.

Hicks came in at 208 on the first attempt but later made weight. Apparently his flight had been delayed the night before and he was late getting in.
MattMacGrath also came in slightly over (.8 of a lbs maybe) for his title match with Cory MacDonald but made weight shortly after.

185lbs - Tim Kelly (Titans Halifax) Vs. kirk Pelltier (Saigo Moncton)

135lbs - Matt Maclennan (Titans Halifax) Vs. Wayne Misener (Palooka’s / Sackville Martial Arts)

170lbs - Jaret MacIntosh (Titans Pictou) Vs. Louis-Christophe Laurin (Nester Montreal)

185lbs - Aaron Jollimore (Titans Halifax) Vs. Nick Exam (Nester Montreal)

170lbs - Jason Rorison (Titans Pictou) Vs. Craig Skinner (Fitplus Dartmouth)

140lbs - Tannaya Hantelman Vs. Jenna King (Anderson goncalves jiujitsu)

130lbs - Tyson Cave (Titans Paklooka's) Vs. Terry Kerr (Team Mayhem)

185lbs - Kyle Sandford Vs. Chester Post (Punishment pound Ont)

ECC Canadian WW Title

170lbs - Matt Macgrath (Titans Halifax) Vs. Cory MacDonald (Team Nester)

ECC Canadian LHW Title

205lbs - Roger Hollett (Titans Halifax) Vs. Marcus Hicks (Team Denarius)

Should be a really good evenly matched card with the exception of Cave vs Kerr.

Go Cory MacDonald!!!

btw, Cory is from Team Gladiator in Kingston, not Nestor. Nestor is his manager.

MacDonald was super lean yesterday and seemed very relaxed. I feel he is the favorite and I'm excited to see him fight again, it's been a while!

Cory Macdonald from Gladiator did a great job controlling his opponent and won a three round unanimous(I think it was unanimous) decision over his opponent. Good job!

any other results ?

Awesome!!! great job Cory.

Results??? Other than Cory MacDonald every fighter from Team Titans won. Kerr was a no show. Very even matches and even better officiating!!!!
I am sure I am not alone but IMO Craig Skinner definately won the fight vs Rorison.

185lbs - Tim Kelly (Titans Halifax) Vs. kirk Pelltier (Saigo Moncton)

Kelly won in the 2nd round via crazy guillotine.

135lbs - Matt Maclennan (Titans Halifax) Vs. Wayne Misener (Palooka’s / Sackville Martial Arts)

Maclennan won by.. something.. involving Wayne tapping out.

170lbs - Jaret MacIntosh (Titans Pictou) Vs. Louis-Christophe Laurin (Nester Montreal)

Jaret won by some sort of submission, it wasn't really clear for me to see, and the microphone they used to interview the winners sucked.

185lbs - Aaron Jollimore (Titans Halifax) Vs. Nick Exam (Nester Montreal)

Aaron won via first round tko.

170lbs - Jason Rorison (Titans Pictou) Vs. Craig Skinner (Fitplus Dartmouth)

Jason won a decision, that could have went either way depending on which way you saw the fight.

140lbs - Tannaya Hantelman Vs. Jenna King (Anderson goncalves jiujitsu)

Tannaya beat Jenna by third round stoppage.

130lbs - Tyson Cave (Titans Paklooka's) Vs. Terry Kerr (Team Mayhem)

Terry disappeared.

185lbs - Kyle Sandford Vs. Chester Post (Punishment pound Ont)

Kyle via omoplata to RNC.

ECC Canadian WW Title

170lbs - Matt Macgrath (Titans Halifax) Vs. Cory MacDonald (Team Nester)

Close fight, Macdonald took the decision.

ECC Canadian LHW Title

205lbs - Roger Hollett (Titans Halifax) Vs. Marcus Hicks (Team Denarius)

Marcus crumbled pretty fast.

Should be a really good evenly matched card with the exception of Cave vs Kerr.

It's kind of weird that there aren't more posts similar to the one above. It's like everyone on the East Coast is scared to say what these fights are. And not just this ECC show. With the the exception of the odd fight and the rare upset, they are nothing more than an advertisment for a particular local gym. Unfortunatley it leaves a sour taste in most of the fans mouths and makes it hard for the sport to succeed out here.

Who would really want pay to see evenly matched fights? Who wouldn't want the hometown hero to smash the visiting can?? Hey....wait...how about you try and take the attention away from the cans horrible record and fighting skills by creating some sort of fake feud between him and his opponent? Lame.

I understand that most promotors are connected to the sport thru various gyms. That means you will see a few of thier guys on the cards but stacking an entire fight card with your own guys against opponents with little to no chance of winning doesn't help the sport. It's very frustrating when you do it the right way (or at least try) and others who are obviously doing it with thier own agenda keep being supported.

I bought my ticket for Cory Macdonald's fight. I was interested for Rorison/Skinner and Kyle's fight as well, but Macdonald being on the card put me over the top.

Not nearly as good as the last Phoenix card, in my humble opinion.

I think Rorison/Skinner was fight of the night, if you look past all the quick stoppages.

Tannaya looked good, but Jenna didn't really do too much more than walk forward and take abuse. She was throwing single punches, and didn't seem to have a gameplan besides trying to catch kicks.

To be honest I find that the East Coast fans arn't really that knowledgable when it comes to MMA so the matchmaking really doesn't mean much to the majority ot the fans. Sure there are some very knowledgable fans on the EC but it's a very low % at most shows I've been to. They want to see locals and they want to see them win. At the last Phoenix Fight the fans were louder during the Skinner vs Weva fight then they were during the Grant/Riener fight. No offence or disrespect to either guy but Skinner/Weva was a sloppy fight where both guys gassed hard in the first 2-3 minutes and just slugged it out with their hands down for the rest of the figh, while the Grant fight was one of the best displays of MMA that has been seen at a local show. At the first Phoenix, Jabouin vs Cardinal was a great technical fight and the fans actually Boo'ed them. I was very upset at that because now I doubt either guy cares if he comes back here to fight and I'd love to see both guys fight in a local show again.I honestly felt that ECC 8 was a fairly evenly matched card on paper with the exception of Hicks vs Hollet and Kerr vs Cave(which didn't happen)I really wish that we could get a card at the Metro Center with all the top local talent on it. Get Grant, Hollet, Sandford, Jimmo, MacKay, Cunningham (he's in TO now but still has the local content) all the big name local guys. I realize that would cost a lot of money to pull off but it would be an amazing show and would be a huge draw IMOThe only way you could pull it off would be to have no affiliation to any local club just to remove the politics.

It's a shame that the Halifax scene is suffering from such incredibly lousy attendance numbers. There's excellent potential for the region if it were to be handled properly.

I agree that the fights in the stands put a damper on the night, but to say that the Hollett/Hicks fight was fixed? You better have some damn good proof before throwing that shit around ...

I don't think it was fixed, but it wasn't anything more than a showcase fight.

Same as Cave/Kerr was supposed to be. Anyone who has seen Kerr fight should realize the guy brings nothing to the table.