Please Read MMA and Force Training

LOL@Matt having a pom. I have one too! Not the big "killer" dog that everyone expects me to have!

Concerning Ken Good and PCR

After talking with Ken on the phone I want to say the following.

I have never interacted with Ken personally or in training.
Ken was brought up to me in an argument concerning Systema, he was presented as "doing systema". As the argument was about Systema, and that was being equated with Ken's PCR, I argued against PCR based on that assuption.

I dislike Systema, I have said so to many people. I trained briefly in Systema, I found it sorely lacking in effective training methodology, especially for the armed professional.

Ken has made it clear that although he uses some Systema training methods and respects Vladimir Vasilliev a Systema instructor what he does is not Systema.

Since that is the case, I cannot argue against something I have only read about and never seen.

Ken and I disagree over certain training methods, mainly how much fully active resistance works best in training, and we agree on others.

Like many trainers, I feel strongly about officer safety, my friends are cops, my brother is a cop, and my grandfather was a cop, I shudder at some of things that people are teaching cops. My worry is about how well they can take what they learn and apply it,and God forbid if they apply it, I hope it works. I am quick to jump on people whom I think are teaching something that might endanger one of my friends, family, or any cop for that matter. My attacks on Ken were based on this.

I want to say that I reserve making any further judgements about Ken, or PCR until I actually train with him.

Marc Scott
COntrolled Tactical Solutions

Spoken like a true Professional.

I am sure Mr. Good would like to put the matter to rest as well. If he is confident and stands behind what he teaches he should have no hesitation to send you you a video of his seminars to let you see for yourself.

Matt writes, "Just the other day I was walking my dog, (the vicious pomeranian "Simon"), when all of the sudden I found myself locked in this cage with a guy armed with an assualt rifle?!. . .

. . .I was thinking WTF?!. . . "

I think I'll be smiling for about a week :-)

Thanks,

Phil

"Square dancing and waltzing when its rock-n-roll"
-best quote eva!

There is a quite interesting Systema discussion going on HERE: http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5668&page=1&pp=25

Hope some of you will check it out...

Systema has reached Estonia as well... as far as I know it some things they do are quite interesting.. yet the methods are as they are. Though I would like to point out that there are very different Systema teachers in actual Russia who teach different things and probably use different methods as well.

Anyhow an eye-candy bonus as well:
http://venus.secureguards.com/~aikidog-/aikicenter/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=138&sid=662ba5002cade555b9df3645a5254175#138

(Aikido masters doing armbars and RNC and Full Guard link given out by Jason DeLucia who has recently been quite successful in MMA claiming to practice Aikido and Kung-Fu)

Jorgen
AlivenessGymEstonia